Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.10.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7900 XTX
    My Windows 10 Pro is on the current branch for business. The build is 10586.

2. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    Okay... so I used DDU and reinstalled this driver and now I'm getting poor performance in Dota 2 (in DX11) and it hung while the audio played (1min before I force closed it). It could have been a Dota 2 update though since I last played 2 days before. Haven't tested DX9 yet but I assume it's this driver and not because of updating through catalyst.

EDIT: DX9 still broken.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  3. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one

Right click the start menu and select run then type. winver

this will show you what build windows 10 your running the latest is

Version 1607 (OS build 14393.222) any newer then your running the insider version, you want to make sure your running the latest non insider build at the very least.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  4. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    :)

I always do report issues(and it doesn't work trough Firefox, IE does it)but as I said they just want us to switch to their latest hw. We need more people need to fill that 1 minute report!

Thanks for advice on CRU.

5. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
  6. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    @stevevnicks current public build is .321. Came out on this Tuesday patch day.

@passenger For some reason the submit form has also stopped working for me with Chrome in the last months. I must also resort to IE.

7. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7900 XTX

I don't like surprises. I'd prefer to let other folks find the bugs.

8. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one

yeah thanks AlleyViper, my PC is now upating. the winver command is handy just to make sure you have the latest build.

i dont use the insider build, i wonder if this build has had Svchost removed like the latest insider build ? Microsoft are ending Svchost within windows 10, so for people with more than 4gig system ram windows will use more ram, about time they done away with Svchost from what i have read, was handy back in the day but not really need these days.

9. elaganza

elaganza Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380
    Finally stopped blinking on this version.

10. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    As reported by the website whose name begins with "wcc" and is filtered here, it seems AMD really gave up on Raptr in the end and has stopped endorsing it and bundling it with with the drivers. I doubt there are that many people who will miss it.

11. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    I won't miss it.

12. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    A change like that pertains to the next "RS2" branch (149xx), current Redstone will only get fixes. So it'll come only in the next major upgrade.

13. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    We need a new radeon pro. If amd can't motivate Radeon Pro creator to make another one and new, they are finished. Radeon Settings is weak and poor. :) Minimal settings, low variety of options. What an amateur company they are!!!

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yeah, i heard nvidia is doing some things better. Hey i know, maybe you should exchange your card to nvidia equivalent and finally be happy.

15. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    They obviously commit less to the driver features part of the thing, but calling them amateur is kind of blind.

16. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I am a programmer myself. I loved RP and I always wished they could help our beloved fellow who created this. AMD didn't. They started raptr in the direction they thought it could work, not RadeonPro like as we wished for. They make cash over GPUs not me. I don't bash in favor of Nvidia. I just act as a watcher. I don't like their direction nor attitude.

They are inferior most of the time in raw performance by hardware terms. WTH are they unable to provide better software then? They can. We know that. I know my 390X is an oc'ed rebranded 290X with twice the vram. They still provide me greatly performing hardware with improving results. 970/980/1060 are weaker. That's why I stay red. <3

17. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Actually amd DID support John.

They gave him hardware and coding help. He specifically said so in the forum.

He was hired by raptr, so he could no longer update rp due to conflict of interest.

The man got a paying job, its hardly AMDs fault.

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Whut :wanker:

And he will encounter many new Problems and even less Options in Panel ;-)
    We have for Radeons:
    RadeonPRO -> Yes it actually working even on my Fury :banana:
    RadeonMOD -> Easy way to adjust some registry options (some find this really handy)
    old Great CCC from AMD-Catalyst-15.11.1Beta-Nov14 -> Yes it will work with new crimson NP
    And not so bad at all Crimson (not for Power users that's for sure)
    Many BIOS Editing softwares - Polaris included.
    Finally -> Free stuff, you are not forced to pay extra for anything.

AMD-Catalyst-15.11.1Beta-Nov14 Download from my Mega

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AMD Gaming Evolved APP By Raptr No Longer Being Supported By AMD !

Starting September 12th 2016, AMD is no longer bundling the “AMD Gaming Evolved App” by Raptr with builds of Radeon Software. The application will still work. AMD will cease to undertake any compatibility testing, install support or general technical support for this application, nor will it be available through Radeon Software or its installer. Previous builds of Radeon Software that include the “AMD Gaming Evolved App” dated before September 12th 2016 will remain intact and will not be affected. -AMD

20. moaka

moaka Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super

?? http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-no-longer-adds-raptr-gaming-evolved-app-to-drivers.html:gta: