DX12 on fermi

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Krzyslaw, May 15, 2016.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    What driver should I install to run DX12 test on my HD 6970?

2. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Old preview drivers just support some D3D12 features, but they are not feature complete. NVIDIA Fermi is EOL. No more updated D3D12 drivers.

3. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    It is nvidia sense since they don't want to release the driver. In fact , one of the developer gave me reply , we release it when ever we want or not to. Basically, there is a full driver , just nvidia is holding it back.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  4. Let's see some proof of this insane claim.

5. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Take it as it is . Can't say more , i would but can't.

6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Good. They can spend the resources on improving the drivers for cards which actually matter in these days instead.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You mean new Pascal GPU's? Who cares about the last few gen, let them upgrade or gtfo, right?

8. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Not everyone wants to upgrade. Deal with it. You don't have 1080? Why? Go and upgrade now so no resources will be wasted on maxwell. Pascal matter's the most now. Why don't you have 6950X cpu? I can say, you are so outdated already.

You don't really realize one thing. People spend as much as they want . I could have 2x1080 and the 6950x if i want to, but i don't want to do it. Other things are matters more for me. Specially after nvidia officially announced the DirectX 12 support to Fermi.

Just for you, i will invest in my future around $5000-6000. Nvidia with they support and driver quality can kiss my hairy @ss. They won't see any cent from me if the state what has been clearly declared stays on the same level.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  9. Do you really think anyone is impressed by your blatant lies and made up stories at this point?

10. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Hey, maybe BMW should stop making parts for cars that they have promised they would keep supporting, right?

No problem eh?

11. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Would you actually defend Nvidia for sitting on a finished DX12 driver for Fermi and deciding not to release it? Are you for real?

If Nvidia didn't plan on releasing a DX12 driver for Fermi, they shouldn't have announced support in the first place. Even when Windows 10 was publically released, Nvidia stood by the promise to deliver DX12 for Fermi. It's still not here and there hasn't been a word from Nvidia about DX12 for Fermi.
    Even the most devoted Nvidia fanboys shouldn't praise such methods.

12. includao

includao Guest

GPU:
    970 GTX
    NVIDIA smug alert! It seems it's time to buy AMD cards again (their driver quality improved A LOT). I will skip the current generation and buy the next.

13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    There is no such thing as a "finished driver". Shoulda coulda woulda doesn't interest me in the slightest.

14. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    "There it is sir! Your new house! Exactly as promised, four concrete walls and a roof! Now it is empty inside, but the coulda woulda don't interest us in the slightest!"

How can you possibly be such a marketing victim? How is that physically possible?

15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    For those who are upset over lack of Fermi DX12 support:

Take this into consideration when purchasing your next card. Vote with your wallet.

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Uh...you're arguing the contractor should come back and update your appliances years later because? While it's true Nvidia did make some claims regarding some support for DX12 and Fermi, at best it would be gimped software emulated.

17. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    For those upset with lack of DX 12 support on a 6970...

18. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    It is one thing to end driver support,

It is another to claim support and then not actually supporting it whilst advertising support for 2 years.
    You can go to geforce.com and look at the spec page for any fermi card , they all say dx 12 under supported technologies

They could come out and say "we aren't going to support fermi dx12 costs too much" just like they did for vulkan support and it would at least close the issue
    once and for all.

As it stands nvidia currently has incorrect and misleading information on their website

It should be noted also that currently the most recent fermi based product from nvidia is still being manufactured http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/2675/geforce-920m

19. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    And your most recent Fermi product being listed shows:
    NVIDIA GeForce 920M
    DirectX: 11.0
    OpenGL: 4.4
    OpenCL: 1.1
    CUDA: 2.1

Whooops!

They may add some support for DX12 in Fermi, but seriously all this angst and spamming multiple threads is silly. Yeah I agree, ending driver support is even worse.

20. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Your attempts to derail the thread into personal insults are very stupid, almost as much as your parallels to automotive and house building neither of which has anything to do with software support for videocards.

What are you doing in NV driver section with your Radeon? Spreading the holy word of your lord and saviour AMD to us peasants? Just so you know: we're ok without it.