The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2014.

1. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    The Wii U now that it's on a roll with games has made me stop caring about PC gaming and all the redundant, recycled, and tiring formulas of PC AAA games (which are just usually just bad and buggy ports of Xbone/PS4 games). I had big plans to upgrade my PC but I'm seriously falling in love with the Wii U and collecting physical copies of games again and caring less about my PC hardware.

This new Zelda game and the details emerging are just one of many reasons.. The current line up of games is the major other reason. I'm actually having fun gaming again and not raging in frustration with buggy ports and tired boring formulas. Hi-res textures and a dump truck of shaders don't make a game fun.. Original ideas do..

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah, nintendo is great clean fun. Zero bollocks and you can just focus on the game without the added stress like trying to get it to work, xxx.dll is missing please re-install the universe and viz runtime files, no buying a game and then using 1000 mods to try and justify your purchase of open-world favors and delivery jobs. Though, i guess that can be avoided on the pc, but its difficult imo.

I seriously think thats what i need right now, just a simple console and a game to pop in the thing and then just play. I miss only having 1 - 3 games a year instead of thousands that i for some reason feel i shouldnt miss.

The wii-u and its games just look sooo fun. I think i might pick one up next year with my student loan:D

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  3. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I'm going to reply in full to this in the Wii U thread. Don't want to stray off topic too much from Zelda.. :)

4. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    With Zelda looking like it's going to be somewhat amazing all I need to hear now is that they're releasing a new F-Zero game for the Wii U and I think I would walk right out and buy one. Does seem like Nintendo are finally getting stuff done.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    some artwork
    [​IMG]

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yes, launch title from the sounds of it now, so early 2017

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    HEAVY ****ING BREATH x100

9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Gameplay videos

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Looks awesome

11. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

interesting

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    This is quite literally the main reason I bought a Wii U. I have not been this excited since Twilight Princess.

It is giving me that feeling of bringing something new to the Zelda universe. Multiplied by 10.

Judging from videos, Link is customizable. He does not wear his standard green tunic, instead wears the blue tunic with no hat! I would not be surprised to see some DLC there or amiibo support giving him the classic green tunic. Or maybe that will work with the Master Sword somehow. In different segments of the e3 trailer, he is shown wearing armor and regular clothes as well. Gameplay videos show you can pretty much equip anything that drops. Would be interesting to see maybe a leveling system in Zelda implemented?

Nintendo really knows how to use their console's power, despite having less processing power than the Xbox One or the PS4, Breath of the Wild looks amazing. Nintendo is usually dead on with their pre-release visuals as well. I do assume since this title is going to be on both the Wii U and NX, the Wii U version will be scaled down and probably have some misc LOD lowered or taken out but regardless the title looks amazing from what we were shown today.

The music score from the trailer blew me away. Composing for BOTW is going to be out of this world!

One more point I hope makes it into the final game and was not just for the trailer, speaking in game! If there is speaking, then most likely every other character will speak except Link I'm sure.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Can guarantee if will be part of the plot, the blue tunic you've seen is special equipment for dealing with cold areas (it has less defense than the other clothes you can get in the demo). Some of the gameplay videos seem to break the progression but it seemed like it was a reward for manually surviving your way to the top of the mountain with special foods and fire.

Same as with how you don't see the master sword, since weapons degrade and break it's likely you won't get it til much later in the game.

Not sure if we're going to see any voice acting outside of this narrator whoever she is (probably zelda). For example, "old man" in demo does not speak.

One thing you might have noticed is that this plateau is part of a clear tutorial area, it's bordered by massive cliffs on all sides that you need a glider for, you get this from completing 4 shrines in the area. So once you've done this sort of tutorial and seen whatever small plot is in here you're free to jump off to any side and explore over there (we've seen forests, swamps, iceland and deserts so far).

I'll get an NX for this though, it'll just be 1080p with better visuals. Also of note is that the gamepad in the demo only showed button mapping, they'd shunted off any map from the gamepad to the screen based on feedback.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016

16. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    This looks awful.. It's like they took a GameGube SDK and upgraded it for Wii U purposes and good lord everything is harshly washed out in white... It's like they turned up the brightness to Spinal Tap levels..

Not interested..

17. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio

This guy gets it, looks indeed stunning for a Wii U console, i still miss his green tunic tho hopefully we can still get it when the game comes out :)

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    This no doubt is a sign that the NX won't have a screen gamepad, hopefully, i suspect the NX will go back to what works, joypad and possibly some form of wii motion controller.

20. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    No one knows, expect the same we saw in any ps3/ps4 title, basically higher resolution and better graphics/draw distance.

They've stated the game will play identical though.