Dolby® Advanced Audio/ Home Theater Drivers for your built-in HD Audio

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by fr33jack, Aug 19, 2014.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i just installed them and I lost DDL/DTS connect so how exactly are those special vs the r2.79 modifed to have DDL/DTS connect cause I gathering would need to modifed to get DDL/DTS connect.

As such I put back Modifed R2.79 to enable DDL/DTS connect. cause with out them the Optical out is useless seeing it wont do 5.1 with out it

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  2. mzso

mzso Active Member

GPU:
    DUAL-RX580-O4G
    Do I understand correctly that this will let me have dolby headphone for my pc with a realtek sound adapter?

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yes but you lose alot functionality, Lost Optical out device, lost ablity to disable front audio port detection, better to just follow this http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...olby-digital-live-and-dts-interactive.193148/

and unlock all that with the realtek drivers if your using Realtek audio for everything. Now if you using HDMI which would mean your using the audio from your GPU then this is the way to go. cause i dont think AMD/Nvidia Audio drivers actual support DD/DTS and all that or do the new cards support that now?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  4. mzso

mzso Active Member

GPU:
    DUAL-RX580-O4G
    Unfortunatlely this failed to me. :(
    I got an error that the wizard ended prematurely:
    [​IMG]

WTF does it not work for me?

Thanks for the tipp. I might try that too, if this fails. I don't need anything other than the headphone jack on the mobo working

5. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    I had this ****, for several months after upgrading to windows 10 i had no dolby driver and the installation wouldn't let me install it. I randomly fixed it recently by just updating realtek hd audio manager by downloading the latest version from their official site. Try it, might work for you too.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah you have to disable driver enforcement to do either options or they wont install cause by defualt windows block them, you either have edit it to warn in gpedit.msc which requires *pro* or higher windows OS or in windows 8/10 you can hold shift will click reboot to bring up option to reboot with it disabled.

I personal have the back audio out on realtek split 1 to pc speakers 1 to my hdtv, and I use the front port for head phones, and disable front port detection so same sound come out of the back port and front ports. DD home threater works for or device too.

I rarely use optical out connected to my AV unit but when I do Use DTS/DDL to force DD/DTS all sources. honestly with modify the drivers the optical out only only does 2 channel which the receive changes to prologic, which completed defeats the propose of Optical out

And supposdly nvidia gpu hdmi out does support DD/DTS True DD and all that, but only in Movies, games are pcm 5.1/7.1 and all that but seeing as I dont have AV unit that has hdmi i cant test it.

But with the modified Realtek drivers I can get DD/DTS in every source and i know it works cause the DD/DTS blue light on my AV unit is lit with out the modified drivers it is not.

7. mzso

mzso Active Member

GPU:
    DUAL-RX580-O4G
    I did that recently. But since my motherboard doesn't have dolby stuff by default unsurprisingly I didn't get them. (Also the guide here instructs to remove the realtek driver)

8. mzso

mzso Active Member

GPU:
    DUAL-RX580-O4G
    Okay. So this here failed. What you linked on the other hand provides no installation instructions whatsoever. What should I do with that sys file?

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
  10. mzso

mzso Active Member

GPU:
    DUAL-RX580-O4G
    It seems to have worked. How do I enable Dolby Headphone? I only see a Dolby Theater on/off setting.
    Which shows "Virtual Speaker" if I have stereo set, which is not what I want.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Dobly home theater is same thing as dolby headphones it virtualization/Decoding it into 5.1 for the headphones.

DHT will virtual 2.1 speaker into 5.1 or Heaphones if you want to do this for just headphone you have use "make front and rear output devices play 2 diffrent audio streams"

Which would show HD audio 2 output "device" in realtek cp which is your Headphone "device" which can set DHT to just that, but i dont do that cause then I have to change play back device every time I switch from pc speakers and headphones.

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    My 5.1 is analogue, onboard 5.1 > 3.5mm jacks > surround system

Just a cheap thing

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Remember that OCD thing I told you about? that kicked in I want to see the BLue light on my AV unit light up because Know it outputing DTS/DD that way.

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    She's a cruel mistress lol

I wanted to get that other Dolby thing working, there is another thread about it somewhere, but after I managed it, my audio was terrible, then I just read something about it needing to be digital audio for this hack to work?

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    the dobly thing from this thread? or another? cause While this might work for me it didnt, cause I lost Optical out Device installing it and lost few other ablities.

If you talking about special DD realtek that you said you used from the othe thread, I have not bother to modify those to enable DDL/DTS too see if there any difference, when I did install them i didnt isntall all other stuff that came with it though, I just know without modify the drivers Optical out has no 5.1 option which did i mention that mistress OCD didnt like :bang:

16. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    It was from last year iirc, I`ll see if I can find it

EDIT - :D It is this thread lol doh

Yea, I tried it ages ago and got it working, well, installed with the theatre mode or something, but everything sounded horrible, tinny, no bass

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5157402&postcount=89

17. mzso

mzso Active Member

GPU:
    DUAL-RX580-O4G
    Not at all: There's "Dolby Headphone" for headphones and there's "Dolby Virtual Speaker" for stereo speakers.

Anyway. I found where to switch the driver to headphones and....

Great disappointment. It sounds incredibly sh*t. If they're using dolby headphone (I do get the logo, but it's not spelled out like with VS), they utterly destroyed it... It becomes several times as loud, so I have to turn the volume way down. After that it's still not how it supposed to be. For one all the bass is gone. And my headphone's a bit bass heavy...

PS: I know how it should sound because I used a xonar with Dolby Headphone for years. Also anyone can try it with foobar: http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_dsp_dolbyhp
    Which sound exactly the same as with the xonar driver. (but only works with foobar of course)

18. mzso

mzso Active Member

GPU:
    DUAL-RX580-O4G
    I wish the original thing from this topic would work. Didn't anyone have the same issue of the setup wizard ending prematurely and found a solution?

I tried installing the .INF directly. It failed to install because windows complained it doesn't have a digital signature. Could that be the issue?
    How do I bypass this?

My windows' in test mode so it's not supposed to be checking signatures... But for this it doesn't apply?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that from what read was issue some people had were there was no bass

they do the same thing there adding audio cue to headphones for surround, you will never get true dolby out of headphones, it not possible, it also dependent on headphones, sound card.

You cant compare Xonar to realtek either there not in the same class audio quality DHT and Dolby headphones do the same thing same thing there qauility is depend on the dac, With Xonar vs Realtek there is huge difference audio quailty High quality DAC (Burr-Brown) vs Cheap ones that Realtek uses, comparing the 2 will never result is same quality and the realtek will always lose. so of coarse it not gona sound the same,

I dont like DHT i dont like how it make my ACS 48 sound or my headphones.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea, I think I`ll just stick to the ones I installed the other day, nice bass, clear audio, good all round for my setup

Fancy optical surround again one day, I used to have it, but blew the amp