Creative Sound Blaster Z Series

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by IanM, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    On the ZXR, yes. But the amp on the "Z" is fixed (as far as I know it's the higher amping option on the ZXR).
    Even there, the lower option is quite loud still. I'm running 32 Ohm headphones and the max I use is a value of 35%.

2. Envoy

Envoy Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1070 GTX FTW
    It took my PC 350s about 80 hours to bed in. Sound terrific now. They sounded quite tinny when first plugged in but the bass improves no end over time.

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Thanks for the reply.

4. JacobVR

JacobVR Guest

GPU:
    2 GB
    I was having an issue with my new headset when everytime I plugged the mic cable in the computer would blue screen and the error log pointed to this driver. This update fixed it for me.

5. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Just curious, what update do you mean exactly?

6. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    just got this card. how fixed is fixed, anyway? ive been looking into modding the drivers but havent made much headway. does anybody know if its a literal hardware restriction? i havent looked for the circuitboard map yet

im quite happy with the audio quality itself compared to my maudio revo 5.1 (RIP)...the mids arent as strong & i miss those crystal clear highs, but i had to hack the drivers apart to get that maudio & all driver effects to work properly in win7...so ill call it even.

anyway the card is already in a pcie 1x slot so its certainly not being overvolted. i have low impedance cans, nice ol sennheisers, & the insane volume boost is killing me. cant find any helpful info from preliminary web searches either

7. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Is anyone else having occasional problems with ZxR (could be any of the Z's) under Windows 7?
    From time to time, I suddenly get annoying deep noise coming out of the speakers, and the only thing that helps is restarting "Sound Blaster audio service" (or the system obviously). Other times I get no sound at all, and there are bunch of errors in the EventLog saying that one of the two services related to the card stopped working. The only thing that helps is reinstalling the driver, which is annoying as hell. This one seems to happen after installing new graphic card driver.

8. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    I've had mine for about 8 months and never have the issues you describe in 7.

9. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    only problem, I have is if the system bsod or looses power.

my sound card wont be detected on next boot up.

I have to shutdown, turn of psu. press power button to release any remaining electrical build up. and then turn psu on and boot up and it will detect sound card again.

10. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    anyone had mb incompatibility issues with the zxr? running nvidia hd audio at moment,can you swap between card and hd audio if needed or is this still an issue i.e you need to uninstall all sound drivers and disable for the card to work correct ?