Total Warhammer

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by cjs007, Dec 8, 2012.

1. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Trust me i want this to succeed but cant see it unless there's a new engine. Or a heavily improved one.

And if it's usual CA we will get a lot of cinematic teasing for ages then very little sporadic gameplay just before release.

Huge pinch of salt time chaps and chappesses.

2. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    Even if the gameplay sucks, we still got Warhammer40K: Dawn of War expansions and Dawn of War 2.

SEGA (the new owner) a few months back integrated the Dawn of War series with Steam, so heaps more players again. Feel free to PM me for games :D

3. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Well, despite the technical issues of the total war series (especially with rome 2), i do think the warhammer universe will really spice Things up enough for me to get the game, as gameplay is bound to be quite different from the traditional total war games :)

4. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    looks great

Last edited: May 24, 2016

5. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Played a little loving it good performance on ultra so far textures could do with tweaking.

6. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Vsync is broken it seems...

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/364360/announcements/detail/853808969125280385

8. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    The game performance isn't the best.
    At 4k with most ultra settings, I was getting around 30FPS both in battle and on the campaign menu.
    Disabling AA and lowering a few settings got me to around 45FPS but I will mess around with the settings and aim for 50+.

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    There's your dealbreaker.

10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    nvm fixed it.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Best price to buy this?

12. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Most games would run better, even at those demanding settings.
    I would expect more than 30FPS in the campaign map than when I am in battle with hundreds of units.

I just got into my first battle with the dwarves, I got rekt. I think I didn't keep my lord close enough to encourage and gives his damage aura.
    It's really annoying when the orcs/goblins start running away when they get discouraged or whatever you call it. They are fcking goblins/orcs, since when do they get scared? :wanker: WAAAAAAGHHHH.
    I picked hard difficulty. It definitely makes it more satisfying, you don't just push over everything.

It's a shame the game dosen't have a changeable UI size. At 4k, the UI could def be bigger.

EDIT:

How the hell do I use lord/hero abilities/spells?
    In the tutorial, I had the WAAAGHH ability for my lord but it has disappeared in the main game now. Is it something you must upgrade or build? :)

13. sephking

sephking Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    My game options and performance review of the Warhammer is live. Looking at also doing a comparison between all of the different graphical presets.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Downloading.

Nice video sephking ^

I'd like to see you go into detail a little bit more though. Subscribed to your channel.

15. sephking

sephking Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    Thanks man. Appreciate the sub. Do you mean detail about the performance or the options menu? I'm still trying to get my feet on the ground with the channel and what kind of content to have so any feedback would be awesome :)

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    you need 6 exp. points in hero to get one of those 3, you have to choose. A talent tree.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    You do a really good job, your voice and tone is pleasant and you use sophisticated English. I would have loved to see you go more into details maybe, talk about what affects performance most (some games have certain settings that when lowered run much better without much of a IQ loss). Also explain what rig you're using (in description), what drivers etc, what resolution etc.

I'd like to see you review the game and talk more in depth about the game. Like TB does, talk about your likes and dislikes of the game. But good job mate, keep it up!

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  18. sephking

sephking Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    Cheers bud. All good ideas and thanks for the encouragment :) I was looking at doing a seperate video which looks at the graphics and performance gains/losses on each of the different presets. Maybe I'll implement that within the performance review vids. I will be doing a review for Warhammer soon. Going to take me a while though as only just got it and it's a pretty big game. Even the DOOM review took a few days to write, record and edit. I'll post it in here when it's done though. Thanks again.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Nice, looking forward to the content.

20. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    :thumbup:

I'd certainly watched graphics settings comparisons and what gives best performance for visuals.