Assassin's Creed: Unity

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, May 10, 2015.

1. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
  2. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  3. ravaged

ravaged Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    I was just going through the usual motions getting ACU ready to play, ie tweaking graphics and looking up how to optimize. Weird thing is that I had vsync set to forced on and adaptive in Inspector from a guide I read months ago, which in itself is not terribly strange or anything, but disabling vsync in-game resulted in the game going from ~45 FPS to ~80 FPS. And this on a monitor set to 100hz. So I'm not sure what's going on here, just seemed quirky and if you have a similar problem with FPS (45 feels really janky) then it might be a solution for you too.

4. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Contact ubisoft support and complain about it - if you actually get a reply, post it here :p

5. lantian

lantian Guest

well the game will always remain beta, have there even been any news about pathcing it any further in the last months?

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    No new info. Buy AC : Syndicate instead :p

7. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    No more patches will come... its a shame, cause without all the technical issues, this game had alot of potential.

8. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I went back to AC4 and found it's much more interesting to play. I really regret buying Unity and will def wait for reviews / pricedrops with the next title.

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ITs a real shame. Unity's world is amazing to look at, but lacks purpose.

Imagine the gameplay of SC: Chaos Theory in Unity's world. I still like to creep around the halls of the Bank level. Brilliant level design all round and its amazing how they made such small environments seem so large..

I could go on.... and maybe one day... i will. But for now, im just going to leave you all hanging like a certain episodic game series.

10. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I think it lacks new purpose. If you take Paris out of Unity, Roma out of Brotherhood and Constantinopel out of Revelation it's all the same AC game basically. AC3 and 4 had the naval combat & diving parts and imo that's what saved them from being the same old thing.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I really never felt for Unity, although the scenery was breathtaking. AC: Rogue was pretty good actually though plagued with many bugs. Once when I loaded my save my ship was stuck in a small bayou just next to the sea where it floated on rocks, trees and stuff, very funny. A reload of the game fixed it though.

12. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    I know what you mean. Unity world is great but lacks soul.
    Btw, will there be a new DLC or just update?

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Ubisoft has been silent regarding patches (especially the Tesselation patch that never made it) but I assume more DLCs are on the way (for those who bought Season Passes).

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    All the season pass content is already out though so I don't think there will be any further DLC.

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Ubi crying :)

16. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    "We admit we have made some mistakes down the road*almost drops a tear*
    NOW SYMPATHIZE US AND GIVE US YOUR MONEY FOR OUR NEXT GAME!!"

17. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    is this game playable now? this is the only AC game I have left lying on my shelf because its just broken until they fix the random freezing problem. Just finished ACC-China & found it ok for a 2.5d game - Rogue was great though (more of AC: BF is always a good thing).

Can anyone confirm they were able to play it smoothly on a rig like mine (gtx770 2gb, i5)?

18. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    so suddenly this game doesn't want to work

everytime i try to start it i get this

[​IMG]

tried a lot of things but nothing work

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    You could try to re-validate the game files, UPlay isn't as good as Steam when it comes to file integrity so it might be a bit slow but it should work, also could try to rename the ini config file if it's a settings issue.

Not much else I can suggest besides the basics such as checking running backgrounds programs but hopefully it's a simple fix. :)
    (Although if it's a corrupted file that also leaves the question as to how it would have gotten corrupted so hopefully it's just a settings problem or a issue with a overlay program or a injector like SweetFx.)

EDIT: Come to think of it there could be a server issue on Ubisofts end so perhaps putting UPlay in offline mode could work until they've resolved it?
    (If that's what's causing this problem.)

20. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    tried all of that and nothing , it's the only uplay game that won't start which is weird