100% Free Software, Limited Time

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by ---TK---, Sep 14, 2014.

1. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
  2. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
  3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
  4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I just grabbed a few that stood out from TK's giveawayradar.weebly.com link. If there's a link below to something you like/want/need, please thank him. If there's a link below to something that's useless or for some reason should not be posted, let me know so I can remove it from this post. Thank you.

http://sharewareonsale.com/s/voodooshield-pro-sale
    http://www.mostiwant.com/blog/paragon-backup-recovery-compact-edition-free-serial-key/
    http://www.tiploot.com/dvdfab-media-player-2-1-year-free-serial-key/
    http://www.oo-software.com/en/special/kdt562
    http://www.ashampoo.com/frontend/re...gptetdpupogfwhlsjobv8iv3tvrsn7&ref=linktarget
    http://sharewareonsale.com/s/free-softorbits-sketch-drawer-pro-79-95-value
    http://sharewareonsale.com/s/dxo-optics-pro-elite-sale

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Do you know what the basic difference is between unregistered and registered usage of DVDFab? Looks like you use it too, and sorry if this is OT.

6. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
  7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If you were asking me, I don't use it and honestly know little about it. I simply posted links to software, from the giveawayradar site TK linked to, that I thought might interest people.

8. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    nice find i added to my favs lol

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Ah, thought you were using it too :) I've got a version not needing a key atm, so I was wondering if it would do anything differently from the registered version.

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Some nice stuff today from the giveaway radar site today including Bit Defender Total Security 6 months free.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  12. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
  13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Ah right nice one, yea it's there too :)

EDIT - Doh, just read your post above mine with the link lol

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Yeah I was trying to be nice as you are the one of the very few posting giveaways. No problem, you cant have too many Bit Defender links in a giveaway thread anyway.

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    :D haha, thanks :) very true - wish there were a few more for ESET NOD32 too, although I'm good for the next year for that, somehow without me applying for a key or a giveaway, I got a foreign email from them with a username / password, stuck it in to NOD32 and it activated for 12 months lol

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
  17. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I just picked up ZDSoft screen recorder 8 for free off of the Windowsdeal site which is a great deal because I was going to use that software to record game play footage.

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    In my opinion NOD32 is terrible, has one of the worst anti malware signatures. I once lost my Steam account using it way back in 2007. Bitdefender didnt work on Windows 7 RTM coming from Vista 64bit for a while so i went to Nod32. Got my Steam account back through steam support and re-installed Bitdefender as soon as it became available.

Once that happened i went paranoid on security and researched the crap out of it at the time setting up a test laptop and purposefully put malware on it. Nod 32 failed to pick up some traces and so did many other anti virus applications. Zonealarm was another which was rated as good at the time, nothing but a POS.

My top 3 were Bitdefender, Kaspersky and the new Reskinned Norton along with Malwarebytes that found everthing on the test laptop. I even set up a proxy server in my garage at the time although this was probably over the top lol.

Nod32 happily lets Malware through as someone also posted over at Ocuk years ago.

I would never use it tbh, i dont rate it whatsoever. I like to go everywhere and anywhere on the web, there are no places that i do not go and for this Nod32 is a fail.

If you are careful when browsing you dont actually need to use anything if you visit legitimate sites apart from a cookie cleaner (adware/spyware), which ccleaner is good enough to use.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I had the opposite experience, Kaspersky turned my machine into a lag job, killed my net connection unless I disabled 80% of the modules

Norton I wouldn't touch with a 50ft pole, worked in a repair shop a few years back and the sheer amount of machines that came in with all different versions of Norton installed and fully updated, completely infected to the eyeballs - also caused endless connectivity issues and bogged the machines down to a crawl - also a nightmare to remove without the separate norton removal tools

BitDefender I haven't had much experience with, read good things about it and would be my 2nd choice - but NOD32 keeps it's head down, blocks bad guys from sites and downloads before they reach my machine and I don't really notice it other than a little update notification a few times a day

I run Malwarebytes full scan every month or two to keep a check on things, and my machine generally comes back clean

I have ghostery installed for 3rd party cookie blocks, and 'Self-Destruct Cookies" addon installed for sites I don't regularly visit or log into - combined, Ive not had any issues for years

I guess each to their own, I know once something gets passed your AV and causes you issues, it makes you think twice about using it again, but so far so good, and I've been running it for a long time

20. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    The place I used to work at I had to find AV to replace the one that we were using at the time Sophos and we tried Kaspersky and it caused alot of problems such as causing lockups on 64bit computers not a good experience at all. We are using F-secure and it seems to the job very well, however there are some minor issues like it deleting files that are false positives and you have to either add the file to the exempt list or make it read only and one of the features which is banking protection activating at weird times.