AMD Catalyst 14.7 RC3 (14.200.1004.0 August 11)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Aug 14, 2014.

1. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    The mentioned improvement for Watch Dogs is not true ,the game still plays like dog sh***

2. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    "plants vs zombie"

geezzz...x800xt can run that @HD...What's next? Zuma CF profile?

3. Gizmo

Gizmo Guest

GPU:
    Worthless.......:puke2:

About time some major tech site did an article about AMD's driver decay/slackness/lack of improvements...seems like that's the only way to get them to fix anything these days negative web press

8xx maxwell's arriving in march can't come fast enough.....

4. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014

5. AppleCupcakes

AppleCupcakes Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor AXR9 280x
    The problem is that as good or bad AMD drivers may be for people, Bonaire based gpus (7790/260(x)) are just broken at driver level. I was going to get one for my brother a while ago and decided on a 7850 instead because wherever you look in a thread about AMD drivers half of the people with issues are using Bonaire.

I understand that this whole experience would leave a bad taste in your mouth, especially considering that this chip's been out for about a year and still doesn't have proper support but changing to basically any other AMD card would fix 99% of the problems you're having instantly.

6. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I agree,` with the you all in this thread or most of you that amd have been releasing pointless crap month in month out.
    and we the customers have to wait for 1 sometimes 2 beta drivers per month and most of the time its 1 driver per month and this is all they can come out with the expect there customers to be happy about it. (WE NEED MORE CONTENT)

hell i payed £1150 for my R9295 X2 graphics card and a further £150 for a full waterblock
    and yet we are being treated like this

AMD should sack all there useless driver team or if you can even call it a team do people actually know how meny people are working on there drivers.
    probably 3 people tops....

the amount of money they get these people should upgrade there hole driver staff and overhaul there complete system of doing drivers and release a beta driver every week
    and a WHQL every month.

its such a shame.
    i will admit to being a ati fanboy for years 15+ with a unbiased head but i really am thinking about joining the Nvidia team this next round of cards.

7. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    This is becoming a joke now, did the whole driver team get cut or something? Last few months we have had a handfull of fixes.

8. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    Yep, even their own devs rather use nvidia, they must spend 90% of their work hours playing with their balls instead of actually developing this thing.

I've bought 2 290's because of their lower price + great performance, and I regret doing so. I should've paid a bit more and sticked to nvidia, at least they have ManuelG who actually monitor this forum, taking a lot of feedback.

9. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    Geez... can anyone post anything useful in this thread for once? I normally read the thread before downloading to check for regressions/fixes but all there is is off-top useless posts that don't even mention their experience with THIS driver...

10. N3MBOT

N3MBOT Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280xoc
    thanks guys :cheers::cheers:

you do realize its the 3d one the fixes are meant to?

and your avatar sent me a nostalgic chill through my spine... ohh the good old amiga days , so much fun i had.

11. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    I really don't understand how so many people have problems.
    I always updated the drivers from WHQL to Beta, never had any problems at all.

I have a HD 7850 from gigabyte, and the only problems i have is with the ZeroCore on DVI connections which sometimes dont wake up the monitor properly (its a well known problem, and its problem with the communication in DVI ports that are not compatible with zero core), AMD should really let me turn off zero core on my GPU, but ok.

Now about the drivers, since 14.6, the problems of texture corruption, i just saw one, and its related to Cryengine and this drivers.
    14.6, 14.7 have problems with Warface, crysis, state of decay, whatever is using cryengine.
    Never had any texture problems before with textures in this GPU, and i have it for 2 years now.
    I heard a lot about texture corruption on this GPU's on witcher 2 and BF, i finished Withcer 2, and i am an active player of BF and never saw artifacts.

About saying that AMD has not releasing improvements on performance for single GPU.
    Well i have nvidia too on another computer, and the last 3 or 4 months nvidia only updated profiles for optimus, sli and support for stream shield and tegra craps, never saw any improvement too.
    So both of them are very lazy, right now, and there isn't to much games coming out.

Problems with Cryengine games texture corruption?
    Go back to 14.4, it will fix it.

Well i didn't tried it, but i guess shouldn't be too much different from 14.7 RC1.
    The next WHQL must be the 14.9 just like 13.9 was. :p

12. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

A recent rumour suggested they were working on a major driver release (probably 14.9), I guess it make sense to have the team primarily focus on that.

Those having issues with texture corruption, are you overclocking your video card, particularly the memory? If not, have you tried underclocking the memory or GPU? Some manufacturers seem to have pushed the RAM chips pretty hard, especially if their cooling solution doesn't cover the RAM. If this is the case, it's completely the fault of the video card manufacturer. I've seen it before, where the manufacturer used crap RAM chips, pushed the buggery out of it, didn't cool it, then wondered why in some games there were issues.

13. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    :puke2:
    Better then me, I have 2 r290x with custom water cool loop and early adopter of r290x
    And now they are almost as good as white elephants.

It such a waste that this cards has soo much horse-power but held back by crappy software.

14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    The "Rumor" is actually from Richard Huddy in a MaximumPC podcast that said they are working on a overhaul of CCC.

He in no way gave a time frame, just that is was in development.

15. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X

16. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    i really like my 7950 but really especially if you play games outside of mainstream you run into some issues. For example the performance in Xonotic is just awkward compared to Nvidia. Even a 560 has a better performance there. Guess AMDs OpenGL support is just bad.

17. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    I remember him saying "very soon" IIRC.

I can't find that interview, I'm pretty sure it wasn't on the NO BS Maximum PC podcast mate.

18. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Great drivers !! I played State of Decay for 2 hours and no corruption at all.

I dont really use fancy software to install drivers. Just good old uninstall and install new driver.

I still cant understand how many people (and most of the time same people) have this many problems with BSODs, etc.

19. Sohaim

Sohaim Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980(reference)
    did anyone notice higher temps on these divers too? compared to 14.4, 14.7 RC1 raised my temps by 3~6 C°

20. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X