Exclusive: Upcoming games to support Mantle

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Uh no it's not. They have similar properties from a general perspective but it's definitely not the same.

I don't know who will get it first nor do I care. The vast majority of the features are backwards compatible to DX11 hardware. The only thing that's going to matter is game support.

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Mantle isn't Dx12, as Dx12 will not be patched into games, 6+ months after they are released. :p

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    It can be? DX11 was ported back in to various games via patches -- especially MMO's and stuff.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Remember crysis 2 ? could happen to crysis 4 again :p

5. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Well i dont know if GTA5 will get Mantle or not.. ( i dont think it is an Gamework games, maybe Nvidia TWIMTP game but not gamework ( aka it will not use gamework outside maybe TXAA ( who is part of gamework now, but its a pure standalone method ). ( And again, im not even sure about the Nvidia "sponsoring" on this game ).

First because the game is allready out (for console ), and they will not change everything in the engine now for add effects or changes features for using Gamework library...

Now for COD or maybe Rockstar, i know many studio have allready start to explore and work with mantle, that dont mean they will include it in the game who are at work and will be released soon... Its not because they are in partnership today with nvidia for this titles they will be for the next ones.

Its funny because if really it is hard to optimize games running gamework on AMD gpus ( both on game developpers and driver side ), Mantle could be a good solution offered by the developpers.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  6. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Um Look at World of Warcraft with DX11. That game was several years old when Dx11 got patched into the game.

7. pterois

pterois Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 780 ti 3GB
    Supporting Mantle doesn't mean that they won't support GameWorks excluding of course the Dice/Frostbyte 3 titles and AMD partnerships. No indication though that the implementation of Mantle will provide any visual enhancements apart from performance increases.

8. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Yes some titles have been patched, its normal for a MMO with the engine who evolves and when the game is still having update and addon. With a new Addon ( full new version of the game ), they have revisit it with DX11 graphics and code features.

... now i dont think you will see a COD ghost patched to DX12 or actual 2013-2014 games patchted. when they will release the follow up, or studio developpers start to massively patch their 3 old years games with DX12. ( they will release new games at this time )..

Its allready hard they support again the games with patch 1 year after, so modifiy the game and use developpers time and money for support new DirectX version many years then lol.

But this is exactly the same with Mantle, BF4 and Thief was an exception because the game have a timeline for release and Mantle was still at work at this time. ( it is still today in Beta version )... Mostly because the want to start developp with Mantle have come late after the developpement of both games have started. The patch for BF4 have come 3 month after the launch and it was a question of 1 month or some week after the release for Thief.

9. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Very true. I agree I don't think it is worth the developer's time to patch in a new version of DX since they could be working on a new game.

10. Desprado

Desprado Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 TI SLI
    4 titles are totally BS
    Sims 4(Should be announced before Bf4 hardline and Dragon age because this game is releasing before that)
    Dying light conformed Nvidia game work title which is state in Nvidia website.(even of Forbes it is mentioned this game is sponsored by Nvidia).
    GTA V which also state in Nvidia website
    COD AF big no and it wont happen ever not even in dreams.

That chart is totally BS and AMD did not announce any on there upcoming mentle support games.

11. Asgardi

Asgardi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti OC
    Well...

If nVidia can get 10% more performance out of their cards, or can simply release 10% faster models than AMD, that doesnt matter much right? I mean, at least nVidia is money-making company unlike AMD so they have something there to fight back until DX12 is out.

Anyway, I dont really care what graphics cards people use. I care about technology and Mantle has sure pushed gaming forward on PC, at least a bit.

12. Equinoxe

Equinoxe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim
    Accept it as it is. Once DirectX 12 is released, it will be the end of mantle.

13. edilsonj

edilsonj Active Member

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3060 Ti
    Bioshock 1 and 2 has nVidia logo, but Bioshock Infinite is Gaming Evolved.

Crysis case too.

14. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Also write down the new Hitman. I'm pretty sure it will use Mantle because of Square Enix.

15. BABA-The Hacker

BABA-The Hacker Banned

GPU:
    PALIT GTX770 OC 2GB
    and WATCH DOGS....??
    ------------------------------------------
    Gaming Industry there are only 2 of them (nonetheless 3_).....

Remember: any high techs....are just only like consumers in this world....

There are things that we had never been taught......where we are only DOGS WATCHING and concluding...... where once it was NVidia then ATI...then ATI followed by AMD..........
    and yes to compromise..... the creator gave us gaming gears...play it or not..... and it's meant to be played!

16. kd7

kd7 Guest

GPU:
    7970m
    @BABA

Me wants what you smoking. Yes?

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    [​IMG]

18. pterois

pterois Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 780 ti 3GB
    Fifa is using Ignite not Frostbyte as are most EA sports titles. True though that Frostbyte 3 is an amazing engine and having mantle built in is pretty awesome.

19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Well at least some of this list is true...
    Can you imagine Mantle and Gameworks in the same game - say GTA?

With Gameworks beautifying AMD rendering, and Mantle basically giving NV a middle finger :banana:

EDIT: Actually this is already happening in BF4, but with only small portions of GW being included.

20. kaz050

kaz050 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FTW RGB
    what's up with the dx12?? ive yet to see anything out of the world that shocks me with dx11.x all i see is this and that why cant we all just be happy sounds like a intel/amd war just like x1 and ps4 in the end we are all gamers.