GeForce 337.88 WHQL Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, May 26, 2014.

1. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can you give me your updated system specs? I thought you had a GTX 580 from your system specs but you stated you connected your monitors via DispayPort which the eVGA GTX 580 Classified doesn't have. Give me the rest of your system specs as well please.

2. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Tried these drivers but was getting some odd issues in the DayZ ARMA II mod. Was getting stuttering every now and again and some other issues that I didn't have with 337.50.

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Awful performance here with these drivers. :(

I was wondering why BF4 runs so sh*t, i get 20-30fps all the time with these.
    Reverted back to 377.50 beta and now i get 40-70fps again.

ArcheAge seems to run crap too with these, 377.50 gives me much smoother gameplay.

4. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    Crash dump:

On Sat 6/7/2014 4:22:56 PM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\WD-20140607-1222.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x14F530)
    Bugcheck code: 0x117 (0xFFFFFA80060E33B0, 0xFFFFF8801315F530, 0x0, 0x0)
    Error: VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
    product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 337.88
    company: NVIDIA Corporation
    description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 337.88
    Bug check description: This indicates that the display driver failed to respond in a timely fashion.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 337.88 , NVIDIA Corporation).
    Google query: NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED

Windows 7 Pro x64
    GTX 460 single card, single monitor, plain and simple.

Edit: It's been a week now and this has not happened again...maybe just a hardware hiccup.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014

5. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080

Hi, did you manage to fix this? My friend has a gtx480 and has been seeing crashes, lockups, and white particle flashing in Minecraft since installing these. After reverting back to .50 drivers, the issues are still there.

6. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    If he used DDU and it is still happen, then it can caused the damage to the graphic card, and you can only underclock or increase the memory volt I think.

7. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    For some reason, i ran Kombustor, his card was pushing 105c, then the pc crashed.. Fan seems to be spinning fine and was pushing 90%+. His card never seemed to hit over 90c before. Quite odd.

8. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    So far it was just the one time when booting up. It hard locked on a BSOD with corrupted/artifacted white lines/dashes all over it. Will go back to 335.23 if I get another.

FYI: I do not over clock at all or run any of the tweak programs, speed/temp monitors, etc.

9. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    An update, we took the card apart and there was just so much dust inside. After a good cleanout, the temps dropped 15c, so no more crashes. Also the artifacts we saw in Minecraft was due to threaded optimization being enabled - disabling got rid. So easy to blame the driver - this time it wasn't responsible.

10. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    lol, it is good to hear about it is not a hardware issure.:)

11. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
  12. Marringu

Marringu Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1070 OC
    Firestrike:
    337.50 -> 7138
    337.88 -> 7513

That's rougly a 5% increase.

13. Baasha

Baasha Guest

GPU:
    GTX-580 Class. 3GB 4-Way
    Here are my updated specs (I also replied to your PM on the other forum):

14. ruiner13

ruiner13 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080
    Are you sure you're not overloading your PSU(s)? That system looks like it could easily draw > 1200W, especially overclocked/overvolted on both CPU and video cards. Even top PSUs loose efficiency as you get closer to their rated power. If you're near max, it could just not be supplying enough juice for all your gear...

Even with multiple PSUs, unless you're on a 220V circuit (bonded 110V) or running two separate runs to your main line, generally a household line has about 1500W of capacity...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    That's more like 1-2fps difference, can you post fps numbers too?

Also I would try some game benchmarks instead ^^
    - TR
    - Metro
    - Hitman
    - Sleeping Dogs
    - Resident evil6/5
    - StarSwarm bench
    - FFXIV reborn
    - HardReset
    - JustCause2
    - Grid2
    etc..

Speaking of drivers, Icafe 337.82 is smooth but it has some issues if I use uber AA values,..
    It rest gpu driver Grid2, happened only @ 8xmsaa.
    Sleeping Dogs with 4xssaa can have one mini fps drop (fps stalling), kinda like by Grid2 with 16xQcsaa time to time.

Kinda sucks its doing this, really like 337.82 smoothness, 337.88 or icafe 337.90 isnt so smooth,.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014

16. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    So what's the best driver right now TJ ?

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    idk, nothing.. There is almost always some lame bug or its not so smooth :D

Im already thinking what to do, go back to 337.90 or stay with 337.82. Guess 337.90 it is :nerd:

337.91 titan-z was ok'ish, but it had some issues with raw cpu performance, ie 3dmarks physics tests were lower then usual, not much though but it acted as if I had 4.5ghz OC not 4.7ghz.

EDIT: ok 337.90 didnt have this fps stalling issue in sleeping dogs with max 4xSSAA

before min 19fps, now min 40fps., avg was around the same by both 69fps..

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  18. Baasha

Baasha Guest

GPU:
    GTX-580 Class. 3GB 4-Way
    Good thing you brought that up so that ManuelG/NVIDIA doesn't use that as a cop out.

The system runs on a dedicated 20A breaker with 2 12 AWG cables going to the PSUs - it has the best circuitry and the power delivery is fantastic w/ the OC-Link feature. I have had benchmark runs and a couple of games where I've pulled 1900W from the wall. :eek2:

Power is definitely not a problem.

The issue I'm having is that when I install these 337.88 drivers and "Configure Surround", the monitors usually go black (which is normal) and then a screen pops up asking you to "arrange" the monitors - each monitor has a number (1,2,3) and you have to drag and drop them to arrange it in order depending on how you've connected them.

When that screen pops up for me with these drivers, there are NO screens! There are NO numbers on the monitors and that little popup is just plain white. It doesn't let me do anything. Once I reboot the computer, Surround is gone and the image is back on one monitor.

This is purely a Surround issue; I was using the system w/ just one 4K monitor last week to test it out w/ these new 337.88 WHQL drivers and they worked fine.

They just don't work in Surround. I sent ManuelG the DispDiag files over TWO WEEKS ago and I still don't know how to fix this issue. :sigh:

ManuelG, PLEASE RESPOND ASAP!

19. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    A lot of recent games still support DX10 so I don't think NVIDIA would dump it until the devs do.

20. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    They are not dropping DX9/10 API support, just the cards that only support the two and not DX11