Mozilla Firefox, new releases, Add-Ons, tips for customisation

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by CrazY_Milojko, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I like it, but then again I've used Chrome for a long time. It's basically a straight copy in a lot of ways, which is fine by me.

2. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC

I don't use Firefox button, don't need it and it's hidden in my case because classic Menu Bar is my choice, but I know what you mean...

I guess Add-On called: Personal Menu (Personal Firefox Button) 5.1.0 ...will be solution in your case but not in current 5.1.0 version because it's not working the way you need in FF 29.0. Wait for newer version of it...

Edit
    Or wait for new version of Classic Theme Restorer, it's more likely that it will offer more functionality about Firefox App Button customisation in version to come. With latest FF 29.0 Classic Theme Restorer becomes hyper-popular over night and I guess it's developer is gonna add a tons of new features and options for FF customisation in future versions, you can ask him to add automatic submenus showing in Firefox App Button...

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  3. PinchedNerve

PinchedNerve Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte AORUS 1080 Ti XE
    Has the option for a status bar been removed?

4. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Yep, it's removed, if you think about Status bar similar to IE...

If you need Status Bar just for showing/organizing downloads then Download Status Bar 8.9.5 is a nice solution.

But if you think about more functional Status Bar like in earlier FF versions then maybe wait a while for new version of Extended Statusbar because current 1.5.8 version is not compatible with FF 29.0.

5. PinchedNerve

PinchedNerve Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte AORUS 1080 Ti XE
    No status bar kind of sucks. I've had a weather addon down there for years... Now its being forced to the bookmark bar/area and I hate that because its a cluttered mess. :cry:

6. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    I've lodged a complaint with them over this shambles.

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Those who have reverted to 28 should consider Firefox 24 ESR to stay up to date with security patches. It's good until mid October when it will switch over to v31. Who knows what will they do with the UI then. Another Win8 situation lol.

8. fangzhou

fangzhou Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080Ti
    thanks for the info, i used to prefer the classic menu bar too but i think i've gotten used to just the firefox button after awhile. maybe i'll ask of this issue (for me at least) with the developer.

9. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Solution for your problems with missing Status Bar: development versions of Add-On Statusbar-4-Evar here ...on FF 29.0 install latest 2014.04.27.21 version.

Official Statusbar-4-Evar Add-Ons can be found here
    but still without full support for FF 29.0

10. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    OK..well I like it, it feels fresh and functions well. It also feels much faster and smoother.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I just installed FF after what feels like forever and it's pretty decent. The same aesthetic as Thunderbird so no shock here ... I hope it has become fast and responsive enough to not need Palemoon.

Edit: **** me, I like the new aesthetic :p RAM usage is nominally more than Palemoon but I'll watch over the days ahead to decide. It's improved so much since v15 and I like the new popup thing they've made to replace the Firefox button .. I can dump buttons from addons i don't need to configure often over there instead of going to the addons page :D

Edit: 60-180 MB difference in RAM usage between Firefox and Palemoon and responsiveness is indistinguishable. I've only experienced a minor bug in FF29 when switching to inactive tabs where the address bar and all the buttons are missing and are redrawn when hovered upon.

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    What I don't get is why they don't warn of drastic UI changes before installing (or even allow the option to cancel an update, not possible once it's downloaded).

Surely if you use the same thing day in day out for years you kind of like how you have it set up.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    How do I improve the readability of tabs not in focus? It is the color of the Windows theme with black text on it.

Holy **** .. is Fxchrome incompatible with TMP right now or what :D

Edit : Seems to be working with Nightly version of FXChrome.

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    you can change the colours wih tab mix plus.

ive reverted to 28.0 due to the tab crap and my noia theme not working anymore (and alternatives are ****)

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Classic theme restorer allows you to revert to the old square tabs with the semi shaded black ones like before.

And a few other options, it's pretty good, check it out.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Thanks guys, I will play with the settings tomorrow :)

17. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Besides Tab Mix Plus I'm also using ColorfulTabs:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/colorfultabs/?src=search

Screenshot of my ColorfulTabs setup, I like different random colours for tabs and active tab to stand out from other tabs so that I know what tab I'm looking at, active tab is even flashing when I move mouse pointer above any inactive tab :
    [​IMG]

18. mmicrosysm

mmicrosysm Guest

GPU:
    Cirrus Logic GD5430 1Meg
    Just a heads up "Inspect Element" is a bit quirky in FF29. I will be rolling back to 28 due to this.

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    firefox 29 no longer shutsdown correctly 70% time i have taskmanager and force it to shut down, and this is WITH a new profile

20. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Didn't like it reverted back to my black Noia Fox theme:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.