MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 19(2014-3-27)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    yay hooray banzai [/Irony]

Why the heck does beta development have to stop for a while after a Stable releases ? did you sign such a delicate contract with MSI or are they always just that complicated ?

Bring stable 3.0.0 and then continue with Beta 3.1.0 so simple is that! Or do they fear that it would devalue the stable version if there would be a beta ? :puke2:

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

That's my personal decision.

3. Unwinder

4. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Excuse for butting in, but starting your reply with that is pretty much guaranteed to get you a mean response. Just saying.

5. Unwinder

If you live you life by hiding your true decisions behind excuses, it doesn't mean that others do the same.
    It is direct MSI requirement to release 3.0.0 final ASAP. So let it be so. I safely ignored users whining about betas while I could define new versions release schedule and beta testing schedule myself.

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    My recoding is all busted with this driver,the worst thing that i dread is not being able to record my shows or me getting my butt kicked by some 15 year old in some game.
    Back to older drivers for now i guess and i will try re install of ab

7. bluedevil

bluedevil Master Guru

GPU:
    Kfa2 RTX 2060 6gb
    Adding Total CPU Usage Percentage to OSD would be nice so we can easily detect which games are quad core optimized

8. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Sometimes on start-up RTSSHooksLoader64.exe is loaded twice.

I'll have to quit Afterburner and end the second process manually. When I reload Afterburner again there is just one copy of RTSSHooksLoader64.exe running.

9. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    try editing MSIAfterburner.cfg file , adding a delay value of 10-20sec

StartupDelay = 20000 (values are in ms)

works for me .

10. Unwinder

Call it as you wish, but public beta testing process will never co-exist with whiners ruling release schedule. No betas then no betas.

11. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    If MSI is pressuring you to stop AB progress then they should rethink it IMO from a business view point .

When I was looking for a vid card I picked out the 660ti PE/OC because it supported voltage tweaks and AB , along with long feature list .

If that was not the case I would of just judged on how good cooler on it was and there many manufactures that do good cooling .

Anyway, MSI AB is one of best PC app IMO, both from stability and feature standpoint for vid card , nice work whatever happens .

12. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I am sorry to hear you have lost control. There is always 3.001 but it will be hard to test stability without a beta with testers. I just need it to OC and the last full version does not support my card. A final is welcomed here but we do understand your stance. I hope this does not mean the end of development but of course that is up to you. Sounds like you are a bit irritated about this right now and I am sorry you feel that way.

Regards

13. Unwinder

MSI are trying to make happy those who constantly flood here and in official MSI support with crap like "where is my final, I don't want betas" and that's understandable from business viewpoint.
    As for new features progress, it is not controlled by business relationships, I repeated many times that most of feature improvements which I add and test in betas are implemented on my own because I like coding them. Combining coding for fun with "we need release now" schedule is a no go.

14. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a shot :thumbup:

15. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    While it's *good* that we're getting a final version anyways (not that it really matters as Betas are stable as is), it's unfortunate that some people can be so ungrateful concerning the state of the betas and ruin it for everyone else. At least on these forums the kids can stay out, but on MSI support you can't tell a customer to **** off, because *the customer is always right* :rolleyes:

Last whinefest on Beta 18's expiry was a huge...huge...disgraceful act that I wouldn't forgive if I were Unwinder (he probably doesn't either).

I know for a fact that since I started developing my application that I host here on Guru3D, what keeps me going is my love for coding and adding new useful features and making the application even bigger and stronger. Give me a schedule, a few whiners, and you would be blowing everything up.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014

16. dkizzy

dkizzy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290
    With this new beta 19 I cannot clock my 750 Ti past +135. I used to be able to go a lot higher. Was this intentionally locked down?

17. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    What driver are you on, I kind of remember reading a newer driver opened the OC limit , I think .

18. dkizzy

dkizzy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290
    That was my first suspicion as well. I'm using the latest beta driver and I'm wondering why they would impose the new limit? Glad to know it's not Afterburner!

19. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I am not 100% sure but you can either wait for WHQL driver later this month or try last one .

337 beta might be off a branch before they added, changed the OC limit on the 750's .

20. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    heh ? so what are we gonna do in this Forum then ? Watching you explain to people how search would have solved their problem faster is hardly entertaining :3eyes: