Nvidia GeForce 337.50 BETA - Discussion & Download

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Hi friend, I believe you must go into the Control Panel, disable shader cache, and then renable it again.

If that fails, use nVidia inspector to make sure it is enabled.

We're still waiting for someone to verify if this is the variable that affects performance.

2. sounar

sounar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    im getting graphic corruption in BF4 with these new drivers at the beginning of joining a new server than it solves itself out after a minute ingame

3. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    [​IMG]

4. Guy.J.

Guy.J. Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560
    I will try that and report back :)

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    So, ---TK---, have you installed this driver yet?

Yes, Microsoft announced DX12 after Mantle was finally "released"...however, DirectX 12 development started before anyone knew what Mantle was. Had MS only recently started developing DX12, as so many seem to believe, it would not have been ready for announcement yet. It wouldn't even be out of planning stages yet. AMD might have forced Microsoft to announce DirectX 12 earlier than planned but don't confuse that for Microsoft being forced to develop DirectX 12. Remember, an AMD Rep is the one who claimed there would be no DirectX 12 and Microsoft chose to respond by saying that the AMD Rep was wrong.

And MS didn't rush to develop DX12 either. It's been in development longer than anyone has known about Mantle.

NVidia didn't have to do anything. Every game on the market supports DirectX. There is zero possibility of game devs dropping support for DirectX any time soon. As long as NVidia has majority market share, DirectX will survive.

Facts are facts.... AMD could have written Mantle to support all their DX11 capable GPUs, but chose not to. AMD chose to only support the GCN based cards.

Can't really argue with the part about "suitably matched hardware" either... Obviously, some systems will always benefit more than others but there shouldn't be a "solution" tailored to a hardware configuration that just shouldn't exist (such as a budget APU paired with a high-end graphics cards).

6. Cure_We_us

Cure_We_us Guest

GPU:
    16GB
    Hello Guy.J, I want to share that the drivers made NV_Cache along with .BIN and .TOC files for a DirectX 9 game I'm currently playing, so it's not DirectX 11 only.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I just got home and just installed the drivers an hr ago, havent done much testing but multi gpu is supposed to get awsome gains.

8. Guy.J.

Guy.J. Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560
    OK I did that, still no cache folder. Fired up a game to see if that created it, but still nothing. Nvidia Inspector says the cache is turned on. It's supposed to be in %TEMP%\NVIDIA right?

9. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Hey can't wait to try this but unfortunately my 4930k is away for rma, replacement back tomorrow I hope, stuck with an Asus rog laptop with gtx 460m Lol.
    Has anyone tried StarCraft 2?, thanks guys for all the benchmarks am getting a fair idea on how it will work for me:)

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    its here for me c:\Users\WhiteLightning\AppData\Local\Temp\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache\

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well my temp folder in its default location (ssd) and I got fps boost in almost all games.

atm testing Batman AC benchmark

EDIT: got a small boost here too by min fps

before, idk which driver anymore (i think some r331)

Physx - high; rest highest dx11, with fxaa - high

[​IMG]
    min 43fps
    max 113fps
    avg 81fps

now
    [​IMG]
    min 50fps
    max 122fps
    avg 86fps

but I had to run it 2 times, 1st time I had default profile and got min 32fps, now I enabled prefer max perf. and threaded optimization - on and got min 50fps.

That old screen had level detail @v.high (instead of extra), now I use the same level detail so its comparable..

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  12. PinchedNerve

PinchedNerve Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte AORUS 1080 Ti XE
    I wasn't insinuating MS rushed to start developing DX12 due to Mantle. I was merely referencing that they also are stating they are joining the "lower level API" game with DX12. Between MS and Nvidia, I don't see Mantle being around to long.

I think AMD is going to have to try and optimize its driver a lot more for DX.

13. Guy.J.

Guy.J. Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560
    Good to know, thanks

14. Handrox

Handrox Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    i2600K@4.5GHz + GTX 680@ 1124MHz/6000MHz
    Windows 8.1 x64

Bioshock Inf 335.23 = 80.63Fps
    Bioshock Inf 337.50 = 87.97Fps

-

TombRaider 335.23 = 56.6Fps
    TombRaider 337.50 = 60.4Fps

-

Hitman 335.23 = 46.2Fps
    Hitman 337.50 = 52.2Fps

-

Sleeping Dogs 335.23 = 50Fps
    Sleeping Dogs 337.50 = 51.4Fps

-

Batman AC 335.23 = 82Fps
    Batman AC 337.50 = 84Fps

15. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I assume so, lol. That's how it was intended to be used.

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Looks great so far. Cant wait to get home and try this out on 580sli. Speaking of, are there any other 580sli users tried this driver yet?

17. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
  18. Guy.J.

Guy.J. Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560
    Solved my problem by rebooting. Takes me back to the good old days! *roll eyes*

BTW, for me after rebooting the cache folder got created in %TEMP%\NVIDIA Corporation and not %TEMP%\NVIDIA.

19. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    i play smite on directx11 and i didnt get any performance..

same as the old drivers

20. Guy.J.

Guy.J. Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560
    Holy f***ing s*** batman! Just yesterday I was looking at a room in Dead Space 2 that was CPU limited. One of my cores was maxed out and I was getting 40fps. In the same room, in the same spot, I now get 60fps and - get this - my CPU cores are all at less than 50%. Holy. F***ing. S***.

Edit: I just ran the test again cos I couldn't believe it. Same result.

This one spot in the game is a bit of an anomaly, at least on my rig, in that it was sending my CPU usage so high while the rest of the game isn't CPU intensive at all. And sure enough the rest of the game (well the few minutes I just tested) still seems to hover at roughly the same CPU usage as before. But still, it's an impressive result in that one spot.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014