AMD Radeon R9 295X2 Incoming

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, Mar 15, 2014.

1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Nah the custom cards on nv's side are cooler I can atest to that with my dcII of both favors the 780 is 6-9c cooler in all cases of fan speeds.
    If you feel that you can wait a few good months after release of these cards for a driver that works more pwower to you.
    I have been there and done that with amd's/Nv's x2 cards they suck on release and i am pissed enough to waste my money on them but even more then that ...I wasted my time that pisses me off the most. i say that for both sides

Dont even start with the bs issues of the first drivers with r290 dont stick up for them you will lose all credibility
    Dont forget the grey screens of prior launches

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    And some horrendous drivers.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I thought you loved your nvidia drivers so much that you're stuck at 327.xx :p

4. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090

5. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    ^lol :)

7990 is beastly. Dual 290x will be even more so and then 790 will probably trump that. Not too happy about the pricing from either side atm, which is why I couldn't be more happy that I sprung for a second 7970 before the price hike. If people are happy about the cards they have, I don't understand the constant red/green bickering. Be happy with what you've got.

6. evasiondutch

evasiondutch Guest

GPU:
    2x-MSI gaming 290x 4gb OC
    And its beyond believe, how rabit they are:)

They rather buy expensive card thats way over rated or even slower cards but they can say its an nivida they have in there rig lol.

They also always come with this deadhorse about drivers make me laugh very loud.

You nvidia boys should be happy AMD bring cheaper cards other wise you would even pay more.

And if only nvidia make videocards we are all screwed so be happy some competiotn happen it help us all.

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Indeed, they must have forgot those good few months last year. :p

8. evasiondutch

evasiondutch Guest

GPU:
    It always start with green boys attacking always inferior AMD cards which is bull offcorse and im in the red camp(happy camper) and defend to some degree.

Most is unfound and bullcrap they know it but still sprew this nonsens over the internet.

Some healthy bickering don't hurt eather.

9. evasiondutch

evasiondutch Guest

GPU:
    If nivdia was totally free of problems i give you your nvidia love but its not.

Nividia have alot problems with games if i believe steam so saying AMD have problems is silly.

Ive sinds 2009 AMD and sure sometimes little driver problems same as nvidia have but for most part drivers are good so why you say other wise is beyond me?

English is not my native language so i could misunderstood you, keep that in mind:)

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    LOL funny stuff.

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Apart from the Windows Logon issue they work flawless. So, ye i do love them.

12. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Threads like this always makes me LMFAO, Radeon vs GeForce fanboy war can be so funny especially when some hard-core fans faithfull for years to red or green team join to discuss. Wait people, just to make some popcorns and I'll join to watch and laugh at some comments.

People, if that what you have makes you happy then enjoy with it. And appreciate the fact that we have a competition on the GPU market, freedom of choice to choose between red or green team. And prey it will stay like that, otherwise we are fÜck€d...

Make love, not war...

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Tressfx to me actually added to the depth of character in Tomb Raider, it made lara feel more human and she looked stunning with it turned on. PhysX on the other hand Nvidia has turned into a laughing stock, it is nearly always just tacked onto every game its used in in order to sell more cards. PhysX on AMD sucks basically because Nvidia wants it to, tressfx on the other hand works pretty damn well on Nvidia cards.

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I have to disagree with the depth comment. It was only on Lara so it did not add depth just a distraction (more so than PhysX effects). Don't get me wrong I liked what TressFX did, but it was not game enhancing as some have suggested PhysX isn't. All I say is judge equally. Both PhysX and TressFX do not add anything substantial to game play or performance.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  15. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I like both physx and tressfx. I don't hate either company. That way I get the best of both worlds. I play TWIMTBP titles as well as amd evolved games.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well TressFx 2.0 really is 2-4x faster and it can be possible to use more characters.

I tested some tech demo once and it ran 80-90fps @ 580gtx vs same head distance in TR bench ~ 30-40fps..

Imo it would have been fair to patch TR with that new hair tech, but noo. Nextgen consoles exclusive. I bet they would crawl with TressFx 1.0

17. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    You guys have to sign up for my bash everything lessons.
    Yeah you guys out there need this card(or any x2 franken card) per que?
    to fit it on your mini atx mb with one slot? buy a real mb you cheap bastard???
    U want cf/sli buy two regular cards then will you come on! you buy this crap and they still keep making them.
    It sucks that both camps have to make them to have the number uno card ...yeah right uno card bah

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Come to think of it now that we're not limited to the Crossfire bridge/connector cable what happens if someone puts three of these in a PC? Or will only four of the six GPU's connect in Crossfire properly?
    (I guess it's overkill even for 4K gaming - Eyefinity 3x 4K monitors? - but some miner or other data gatherer or what it's called might find a nice use for it.)

19. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Four is still the limit. That is until asymmetrical CrossFire methods appear that distribute the workload over multiple GPUs. Then we should see some crazy scaling even beyond four. Mantle allows such CrossFire implementations.

20. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    ^this. i'll add mantle to the list as well as it stands (runs for cover).

dont get me wrong nice features but game changing. no way Jose...

p.s what happened to the 295X or amd skip straight to the x2 version? or x2 just sounds more flash? :)