ViewSonic adds TD2240 22-Inch 10-Point Multi-Touch LCD Monitor

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Here's their page on it:
    http://www.viewsonic.com/us/td2240.html

What does anyone make of it though? I like 22 inch monitors and I like Viewsonics so I'm considering it. But I wonder if it's touch abilities would be used much on a desktop PC while also wondering how decent the rest of the specs are. Obviously this is no 120hz gaming built sort of monitor, but neither are any of my others.

3. ClexRex

ClexRex Guest

GPU:
    780 Classified / R9 290
    I don't personaly know about this monitor...but I can tell you that we have touch screens at work and I hate them lol the smaller touchscreen the better but still..imo the touchscreen will fade out unless its improved a lot...most surfaces right now havto be cleaned a lot..ALOT or it gets yucky which is a given but it becomes a pain ater a short use just to drag your finger etc.

Also the environment it sits in makes a huge difference such a colder cliemt etc makes for easier use of the touchscreen.

Overall I enjoy 1440p lps/ips much more than any touch

4. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    YEP. I can't believe I wasn't even thinking about that when I posted above. The android phone and 3ds I have I practically bathe in rubbing alcohol daily. I even remember growing up I'd drive my dad bat**** for touching the monitor as a kid- and now it drives me nuts.

I guess I was just curious as to if the monitors now are on par with the tablets and whatnot while also being decent monitors, but I'd think I rather just pick up something that just looks good instead.