EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Kingpin Edition Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 28, 2013.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    The point is those customs will be cooler and people will buy it more, you will see.
    No one cares if it OC's bad on LN2, not normal gamers. :nerd:

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    that is a total evga exclusive design. I believe nvidia supplied the gk110 chip though. :rolleyes:

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Such a beast at only 3GB vram... I guess it's good for ln2 overclocking benchmark mayhem, but for high resolution gaming, especially one year from now, nu uh. I doubt it.

4. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    none of the cards out are good enough for high resolution gaming the 3gb is more then enough for this generation of gpu's,
    maxwell will have to change that for 4k.
    that's my input not starting a debate here its just my humble opinion.

5. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    hmmm how can i put this frankly "i am living proof that Hawaii is utterly crap" that's from my personal experience, even if the new api saves it a little it wont be enough. the power features are all messed up they should let nvidia stick to power saving features on nvidia gpu's, amd has done it all wrong here, maybe next time, hopefully they learn from there mistakes.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  6. ShockG

ShockG Guest

GPU:
    GTX 250 1GB
    Hi all.
    1. KPC edition is not shipping with those clocks.
    2. Retail card is locked as per NVIDIA rules and regulations. You can't pass Green light program otherwise. However this card is LN2 ready which is not the case with any other VGA
    3. This card is aimed almost exclusively at competitive overclockers, air cooling overclocking will not be much better than regular ACX/Classified edition.
    4. clocking headroom on VGA is not linear especially on air cooling. Voltage requirement vs clock speed and temperature results in diminishing returns. So you'll not get 1500MHz on any 780 Ti, on water. That's Dry Ice maybe even LN2 only.

7. CKBRYANT

CKBRYANT Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 SLI 4GB each
    EVGA Kingpin

I've saw from many many websites with corrections on the VRAM, it's only 3GB not 6GB, I believe NVIDIA or EVGA themselves clarified to another review site about this speculation

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Haha i knew there was a catch with there AMD cards, there always is, thats why i never buy them and yes you are right, you are living proof, tried and tested. Thats 2 people now that have confirmed to me to never buy an AMD gpu. Yourself and Darren Hodgson.:)

9. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    :D i will not be a fool twice, that's for sure!:banana:
    nvidia always from now on.

10. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Yeah, they're total crap. You've had your cards for a few days running a driver or two.

May I remind you of the 680's VSync issues months after release?
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/...posts-will-be-deleted-vsync-stutter-discussi/

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013

11. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    yes and it felt like a eternity of torture at 95c and throttling issues,
    black screens,
    oh and poor crossfire
    oh and lets also not forget
    about vsync,
    and poor drivers,
    and the high amount of wattage,
    and artifacts after gaming for more then 30 mins,
    add all these things up, if it happened to you i am pretty sure you would feel the same way.

12. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Vsync was a one-off driver and only certain people had issues. VSync has worked flawlessly with me since forever.

Poor CrossFire, again FCAT shows otherwise. Read up on the [H] R9-290X CF vs. 780 / Titan SLi 4K review, FPS was higher on CF and CrossFire was concluded to be smoother.

Here, I run bridged CrossFire, most certainly equal or worse, at 110Hz. I see 98% GPU usage often, smooth as ever.

High wattage and temps I can't but agree, custom designs can't come sooner.

But that isn't the point here. I'm sure I'd feel the same way if I suffered from those issues as well. But I wouldn't conclude that they're crap, I can't generalize even starting from my own experience.

Just look at the Black screen thread, just how many people returned their cards raging only for AMD to release a driver shortly after that fixed Black Screens for the vast majority? Now you barely hear about black screens.

AMD had to be in contact with Arizonian of OCN who described the issues in detail. There's a HUGE gap in communication, and part of the blame is on AMD, but really most of the blame is on users who have just gotten used to raging and vowing never to buy again. Good luck, you'd be getting ripped off if you do that anywhere in the tech industry.

Same goes for Frame Pacing. While I cannot disagree that there was microstutter and it was visible, people literally starting noticing stutter on single GPUs where they obviously don't and wanted Frame Pacing to work on single GPUs. Now no one talks about microstutter anymore. Just the occasional: "single GPU seems smoother than SLi, higher min FPS" which even I doubt as it could have been a game or two in question. SLi is smooth.

Get what I mean?

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    What power features are you talking about exactly?

user error right there. not a single issue here with crossfire, or the mysterious power saving features. The only "issue" is BF4 with vsync + frame pacing = bad performance, but I don't use vsync anyway, because 120hz = no tearing so no need for vsync.

Sure, I disable crossfire in some games, games that don't need it, to reduce heat. Other than bf4, vsync works perfect, my cards max out at around 75C in the most demanding games running crossfire at 120fps cap. no artifacts, low temps, no noise, amazing cf scaling, no issues with drivers.

The only thing I miss is nvidia inspector, which is great, but even then, radeonpro does most things I need anyway, with radeonpro 2.0 on the way soon.

you seriously are spreading misinformation.

14. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    i had r9 290's not 7950's
    its good your 7950's work well,
    but my 290's wasn't the same experience as what you are having with your setup.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ah, thought you were talking about AMD in general.

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Even comes with a tube of Savlon....

....For yer sore arse! :D

17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    For AMD? :banana: