Nvidia GeForce 331.65 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Oct 28, 2013.

1. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    The BLOAT!!!

Seriously nvidia. It's time to release a "Light" version with just driver and control panel and nothing else! Way too much junk installing, and most of it I can not even use on my GTX 460, yet it will still install and run a bunch of services for it. Just stop already!

2. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    What's stopping you from installing JUST drivers? A divine intervention?

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    They can start by adding it optional - this whole geforce experience poop :p

A link inside the driver would be more then enough.

4. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    ManualG said :

It is not an older branch. Our previous driver had a different branch number to isolate it from our main branch so that no new driver fixes could be checked in that could introduce new bugs.

Driver 331.40 is r331_00-96, DriverVer = 09/27/2013, 9.18.13.3140
    Driver 331.65 is r331_00-146, DriverVer = 10/23/2013, 9.18.13.3165

:)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013

5. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Good Jobs! :thumbup:
    So how's is the performance hit? :)

6. knopper

knopper Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX560
    hmm i'm still on 314.22 with my GTX560.
    Are the newer drivers still bad for "older" cards like mine?

How are these new one?

7. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    Kepler GPUs also incorporate a hardware-based H.264 video encoder, NVENC. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't believe mobile gpus in the kepler family have this hardware-based encoder. I'm not sure if it is directly on the die itself. It might be located off die and thus only available on full desktop add in cards due to physical space, power, and thermal limitations. It could also be hardware disabled if it is on mobile units die for the same reasons.

It is the same hardware unit needed for Nvidia Shield to use its pc STREAM - ing feature.

8. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    Well, I did want to check out Shadowplay, only to find it will install, but required GFExperience, which required .Net 4, plus update services, etc, etc but will not work for my card anyway. If my card doesn't support it, why even allow install?

Anyway, I still have to download and store all the extra bloat on my backup drive. Also, some parts don't give you the option not to install them, but are completely not needed. Some, depending on the driver package version, you can extract the whole thing and remove the unwanted/unneeded folders before installing and some cause the installer to complain about missing files (nvidia update on 314.22), so it's getting hard to sort it all out. You never know if a new problem or error may be caused by not installing the full, bloated package or not now. Audio drivers, virtual audio drivers (WTH?), updaters, GFExperience, Streamer service, Optimus, .NET 4, just way too much extra crap to me.

For my GTX 460 (none were particularly bad for me), no problem so far (other than unwanted bloat), no improvement. No point messing with them. I'd stay with 314.22. Most likely from now until I get a newer card and have to use something newer.

9. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    good drivers for me , been playing 4hrs of BF4 and no problems at all ,apart from server lag all is good ..... :)

10. hazochun

hazochun Guest

GPU:
    MSI Vega 56 OC Air
    The recorded video from ShadowPlay is laggy for me.
    It doesn't hit my FPS while recording but i got sound delay and shutting when i play the video.
    I got no problems with MSI Afterburner.
    (It cost about 15fps while recording with 1080p 60fps but FPS capped at 58 with nVidia Inspector)

Didnt test the driver itself. only tried on FF14, smooth and no problems.

11. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Hmm when you alt+tab out of the game the shadow recording is lost though D:

12. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    First of, NET Framework is just a runtime. Don't be paranoid. Everything runs on something. Besides, NET is integrated part of OS. What are going to do, torn the OS apart just to get rid of it?
    And secondly, it's year 2013, with terabytes of storage and fast Internet. If you worry about FUP, it's high time to get a REAL provider and buy extra storage, if those few tens of megabytes will kill your HDD right away.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well this crappy driver is the first that did this on my 570GTX in 2.5 years.
    [​IMG]

I was on desktop, with open browser checking metro weather app and playing with windows paint.. then it froze the picture and every window/menu I opened went black.. It did that 4 times in a row until i restarted pc.

You hear nvidia, dont mess up GF110 too, its bad enough that GF104/114 suffers so much. And now it looks like this possible GF104/114 fix affected my GF110 chip too.

EDIT:
    I reinstalled it again, if it doesnt work i'll go back to 331.58, I dont need this..

14. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Ya, this thread need to be sticky, I hope the mods will stick this thread after I wake up. :)

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    ShadowPlay works amazingly well and I didn't notice any performance impact really other than the occasional, rare judder every 5-10 minutes. The only problem is that I game at 1920x1200 and ShadowPlay only records at 1920x1080 so my videos are squashed by 120 pixels vertically. Looks like any footage I take will have to be done with the resolution set to 1920x1080. I realise 1920x1200 is non-standard but it would be nice to have the option of recording at any resolution you choose rather than being stuck with just one.

16. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    /Sigh

1. .Net 4 is not part of my OS, .Net 3 is...sadly. If I install .Net 4, I also have to install the boatload of windows updates it spawns that are almost all bigger than the original .net install itself. Takes forever and is a royal PITA!

2. Just because I have some free hard drive space, does not mean I want it filled with junk I don't/can't use.

3. I have the fastest internet available in my area. It takes 6 minutes to download these new drivers @420kbps. Not a huge deal, but I'd much rather download a ~60 MB file than ~210+ with 150 MB of junk I don't need.

17. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    Nvidia wants us to by kepler cards maybe???

OOOO look shadowplay i have to by a new card.

wel not bying a new card untill maxwell arrives with a 20nm GPU.

was reading the 1st maxwell dont have 20nm in Q1 2014 later that year they support it.

18. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    Just use the FEEDBACK button in GeForce Experience to recommend that. I did and the more people doing it the more they will listen (I hope).

19. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    This is the way nvidia is saying to u by a kepler card.

in other words move on.

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    you know that wont happen. they moved away from just display drivers years ago. it would only be a step back.
    The driver package isnt abnormally large btw intel is 256.72 MB amd is 240MB for instance.