SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Hum Boulotaur's works for me in FF14 & Win8.1

edit: Ah nvm DX11 I see.

2. DrCrow

DrCrow Member

GPU:
    GB GTX 770
    Arma3 Warm Color

Hey fellas my new SweetFX 1.5 config Arma3 , Thank you very much CeeJay.dk
    Config
    image comparison
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Mr Scumbag

Mr Scumbag Guest

GPU:
    2xGeforce GTX670 2GB OC'd
    I'd be very thankful to anyone who could make a good preset for Pool Nation to fix the ridiculous amount of post processing it ships with. Primarily counteracting the bloom, it's awful. Generally though the game has that many filters it just looks washed out, blurry and, well, bad.

Thanks in advance if anyone takes up the task!

4. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA780ACXSCMSI780GMSI680
    I agree I think Boulotaur2024's injector is superior. Though it may have a little digital/pixelation in middle distance due to some depth of field/ middle distance ground texture rendering you become accustomed to this effect(much harder to detect on a flatscreen which has this effect built in vs crt) and it becomes a minor annoyance Handi's is nice but seems more old graphics/ more analog looking effects. Upon checking it again loading one inject then the other with converted preset to keep the settings files as equal as possible(winmerge makes this task much easier) Immediately, my pupils dilate when the Boulotaur injector is loaded as the saturation(Borderlands 2 most popular/shiniest preset from SweetFX Database) and my eyes and nervous system are instantly attracted to it. Bloom seems more like real sunlight and blares(this effect only annoys animals as they cannot detect that actually there are no rays of light burning your retina and I find this optical illusion amusing that I am not a lowly caveman and actually have a brain therefore mind over illusion but bright bling bling shines into my veins).

Conclusion: Boulotaur2024 Injector is 98.5% pure crystalized with pressurized HCL methamphetamine, creating a blue impurity effect, and while Mr. Handis injector is a solid 92% it is ultimately inferior because it was cooked by crybaby Jesse Pinkman. No disrespect to Mr. Handi; metaphors for comparison and imagery purposes only(game drugs are bad mkay but Boulotaurs game crack tastes better Im sorry I must tell the truth).......

5. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    Someone can help me please, i cant get to work SweetFX on Killing

Floor, i put it on system folder but it doesnt woek, ¿any help?

Bye, Marcos

6. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Boulotaur! You're back!

We've missed you - I've missed you :)

Crosire and I would like to stay in touch with you - even if you don't have time to develop currently. It's always good to have someone in the know to discuss ideas and solutions with.

So please write me an email : my email is listed in the SweetFX readme or Skype me.
    Crosire and I discuss ideas regularly on Skype.

Some updates :
    I had a relapse back into an old depression during the summer and didn't really do much for some months, but I'm better again and I'm working on SweetFX once more.

I was planning to help you make the best injector possible and then port SweetFX to it, but then you disappeared.
    So I have instead been helping Crosire.

I've asked for permission to view Kukkimonsutas source on yours and Crosires behalf and Kukkimonsuta granted it. So even though you have not seen it yet, it has been available to your for some months now.

I also managed to track MrHaandi down and convince him to help. He and Crosire exchanged ideas.

We are also exchanging ideas with the HiAlgo team and the RCRN team (the Skyrim mod)

Here is a current list of what is done in eFX so far :
    Done:
    1) Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 support (DONE)
    1) 32 bit support (DONE)
    1) 64 bit support (DONE)
    2) Custom texture support. (DONE)
    3) Frame and time counter (DONE)
    4) Ability to set the number of passes and their output buffer from the shader code. Use annotations in the shader code to communicate wishes to the injector. (DONE)
    9) Solve the problems with Optimus. (DONE)
    13) Generating textures from shader code, by running the shader once at start and keeping the buffer around, but never run the shader again (DONE)
    21) Include the game/application .EXE name and current date included in each screenshot filename - e.g., Borderlands2.exe_DX9_20130621_XXXXXX.png (DONE)
    22) Option to specify a static screenshot save location - e.g., C:\Pics\Games\ (DONE)
    23) DXGI does'nt have to bind a vertex buffer or index buffer. Bind to NULL and use this trick https://gist.github.com/rorydriscoll/1495603 (DONE, but currently disabled until we can test it properly)
    24) Be intelligent about paths, so the split installs you sometime had to do with InjectSMAA won't be necessary (DONE)
    25) Don't crash when writing to the log isn't possible. Optionally save the log to another location that does have write access. (DONE)
    27) Effect system for OpenGL to allow for #include and other niceties (DONE)
    29) Dynamically load hooks and enable/disable specific ones if needed (DONE)
    31) Support multiple render targets (DONE)

Crosire is posting new alpha releases for eFX on http://crosire.tk/ and I'm currently working on porting SweetFX to eFX for DirectX and once that is semi-complete I'll start on the OpenGL part.

Kind Regards
    CeeJay

P.S. I had to write this in the thread because your PM postbox is full and I don't have your email.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  7. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    [​IMG]

M'kaay.

8. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    It's better in some ways, yes. But also much slower. I would change to CeeJay's injector any day, if it had a grain and gaussian shader.

Hopefully we'll see this in eFX. And much more.
    Still can't wait to try out Rage with eFX. Or Amnesia, or Minecraft, or The Chronicles of Riddick, Doom, Quake.. the new Wolfenstein...

@marcosamerio ,Killing Floor is OGL btw. I'm not sure if it's possible to force DX9 though. Probably not.

9. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    This. I still use CJ's inj, but do miss gaussian

10. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Possibly yes - feasible no.
    Auto-levels requires creating a histogram of the image and that can't be done in realtime using the pixel shaders.
    It might be possible to do with a combination of geometry shaders (which I don't have experience with) and pixel shaders, but even then it would be extremely demanding on the performance.

It might however be possible to do some simplified version in realtime, if the injector made the output of the previous frame available and had a counter for how long it's been since the last frame was rendered.
    And also has mipmaps and support for custom textures.

Then I could sample a mipmap of the current frame to get it's average brightness, compare with the average brightness of the previous frame and slowly adjust the gamma, using a custom texture as a LUT for a slope that determines how fast the change should be and using the counter to make sure this happens at a steady pace and isn't affected by the framerate.

Possible, but not easy.

11. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    Nothing can hold you from doing that. I don't own any of these games except Minecraft, so I can only directly confirm support for that one (of course it should work for all). The currrent alpha is available on my site, CeeJay linked to it earlier.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  12. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Already downloaded it, but it hasn't any shaders yet. I need to wait for CeeJay's shader magic.

13. Psychor

Psychor Member

GPU:
    pc.thedigitalfoundry.com
    Please delete.

14. Psychor

Psychor Member

GPU:
    pc.thedigitalfoundry.com
    Oh.... heck... yes! :banana:

15. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    Thank you for answering my questions. I like brainstorming. Also I suggest that after releasing eFX, you may want to build a bug tracker system. Because I believe SweetFX(eFX) will be something really big. Currently we have ENB for enhancing graphics but come on it makes my graphics hardware cry. So... Yeah.

Also one of the features that I want to see is debanding. I already know CJ is looking into stuff. But actually I'd like to learn more about the subject. Currently I have an ASUS VG278H monitor. Yeah it has 120HZ and 3D support but unfortunately its color scheme is ****ed up. I think the monitor itself already has a crappy built-in dithering system. So that kinda makes software dithering useless I guess. What is the difference between dithering and debanding?

16. Thuggles

Thuggles New Member

GPU:
    GTX 760
    I know that this is supposed to work with Steam but I haven't had any luck. I'm trying to use sweetfx with FFXIV, and it works fine until I try and launch the game with the Steam shortcut. It crashes right after the launcher. If anyone has any tips I'd appreciate it.

17. Scarecrow7

Scarecrow7 Guest

GPU:
    HIS R9 280X / 3GB
    I'm playing Batman Arkham Asylum again (GFWL was removed, plus cards and achievements were added) and SweetFX 1.5.1 is working perfect, BUT if I toggle it off to see a quick comparison, the game crashes and I have to logout. Nothing big, just reporting.

18. RavenGT

RavenGT Member

GPU:
    FX5600 256mb
    CeeJay.dk, just wondering if you knew CS:GO's recent Operation Bravo update broke SweetFX 1.5.1? Will it be getting a fix?

19. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    I just ported SweetFX to eFX a short time ago - at least the DX9 part.
    I then uploaded it to Crosire.

This means that the next alpha Crosire decides to release at http://crosire.tk should contain some more interesting effects for you to test (play with)

SMAA and FXAA are still missing though as these require a little more work to port and get working right.
    And DX10/11 and OpenGL support is also missing - these APIs only have the test shader included (which colors the image in strange colors)

All of the APIs - DX9, DX10, DX11 and OpenGL need testing though and it would help if you reported back which games were working and which weren't.

If they weren't working, then please also a short description the error, the steps you took to reproduce the of error, what you expected and what it actually did.

Here is a template:

Tested version:

Bug:

Steps to reproduce:
    1)
    2)
    3)

Expected :

Result:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  20. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    CeeJay just finished work with converting most of the SweetFX shaders to eFX (Only up to the HLSL profile fx_3_0, i.e. DirectX 9 currently). The full alpha bundle can be found here. Happy testing!

Edit: I'm just way to slow ....
    Edit2: And while we are there, if you experience crashes, it would be a great help to compress the minidump ("[game].dmp") created and send me copy of it, so I can identify bugs more easily (the file contains error related information and is created by eFX automaticly if an exception occurs).

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.