Nvidia GeForce 331.40 Beta - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    It would be appreciated that you share all your hard work and open a thread explaining the procedure and a download link.

Regards

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Im using custom AO profile for it.

Well i just reinstalled the driver and got a 10fps boost in Cinebench, maybe it will be a little better in Rift too, but i kinda doubt it.. Will see.

3. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I was playing bf4 and monitor lost signal.... and I had to force my system to shutdown..

4. 1Bravo

1Bravo Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Like?

I maxed it out a bit further... And it use to run super smooth with those settings, Im not the only one that has such issues after patch 2.4.

And speaking of BF4 beta, well it runs ok here no real stutter, but I had to lower postprocess and particlefx to high or I would get some weird 25fps drops at certain distant angles.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  6. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    It has nothing to do with CPU, read THIS topic, on official battlelog forums, there is hundreds of people saying the same, no matter what CPU/GPU combo.

7. peppercute

peppercute Guest

GPU:
    Msi 2080Ti TRIO
    Ok, maybe i`m wrong,, i will try BF4 after left from work// can`t wait to try this "game"//

8. Goose

Goose Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti Hybrid (+ GT745)
    :eek3: What program did you make that with?

9. Goose

Goose Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti Hybrid (+ GT745)
    I wish I could tell y'all exactly what happened, but I'd rebooted for one reason or another, and when I asked Nightly to start up, it acted like it updated behind my back, which of course is silly, as it's always telling me it's got something new, won't you please upate.

Long story short (and knock on wood,) I have hardware acceleration on, with nVidia Inspector's Multi Display Power Saver, in this driver, and it's working the way we've hoped for all this time.

ZOMGWTF?

10. Cyris

Cyris Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    GPU Log Viewer for GPU-Z

Download

11. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Ignore that guy, he's exactly the kind of 'guru' we don't need in here.
    Those cards are not 4 years old at all as there were many revisions of them afterwards.

And then secondly, which I see noone mention, but is nonetheless useless to mention to such a person, is that worldwide, the 4 & 5 series cards are the ones which are still being used THE MOST!!!
    And what is being used the MOST, is always what will be supported THE MOST! But plain logic fails that guy anyway.

e.g.: Look we have a Bugatti Veyron... it's the car that steals the show, we, as a car fixing company/garage, don't need to support any other cars in our garages anymore ...
    Yeh... his logic.

I'd lock such dudes their accounts for a month.

12. jesteves

jesteves Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X @ 2100
    Windows 8.1 with 331.40 (60fps locked) 1920x1080p

My GTX690 @ 1267Mhz/7000Mhz @ 1,30v

And still have a lot of frame drops from 60 to even 10, 20...
    Even on low quality.
    ****ty drivers from nvidia...
    Did you have too ?

And with other computer with ATI 6990, things are even worse... and in both cases thats not CPU problem... its drivers.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  13. MADman

MADman Guest

GPU:
    2-WAY Asus GTX TITAN SLI
    Maybe my observations can be of some help to you:

- PCI-e 3.0 is automatically enabled, if you have a TITAN or 770/780 and a IB-E CPU.
    - PCI-e 3.0 is also enabled, if you had applied the PCI-e 3.0 patch before and overinstall the new driver without removing the old one completely before, even if you have a SB-E and/or 680GTX.

In any other cases (fresh driver install with cleanup, no IB-E, no TITAN or 770/780) PCI-e 2.0 is active.

If that is correct I cannot say for sure, these are only my observations.

14. Satin_Knight

Satin_Knight Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 SC
    I can honestly say that since I switch from Firefox to PaleMoon, I haven't had any hardware acceleration problems or crashes with these drivers. Take it with a grain of salt for what its worth; otherwise, I'm still waiting with cross fingers that all is well.

15. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Good to hear about it, it look like they fixed some desktop issues, while bring some issues for laptop user.

Nice software, thank. :)

Or this again.
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/536566/bf4-will-use-direct-compute/
    Direct Compute.

Thank for telling that, so it can be only happen with x32?

16. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    this is driver are f**** crap on my system.
    tried playing bf4 and keep getting hardlock and have to hard reset system.

tried older drivers and game crashes to desktop.

17. Carstuar

Carstuar Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX680 Twin Frozr III
    Definitely a must for BF4. I had horrible stuttering and freezing before updating to this driver.

18. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    my system even hardlocked with the older drivers....

thing the game was playing fine earlier today.

19. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    BF4 beta runs with so much stutters. My fps keeps playing up and down (20fps ~ 59fps). Can't say if it is the drivers problem or the game since its a beta version. BF3 on the other hand plays smooth with constant 60fps+. I usually play BF3 with just medium settings, no AA/AO/MotionBlurs, 1080 and I did the same settings on BF4 Beta. I really hope the retail version plays a lot better than this.

Regarding this beta driver, it is quite stable. Tested it with BF3, GW2, Dota2 and Arkham City, everything runs great, smooth and crash-free.

20. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    yes here too. Getting around 30-40fps and often drops to 9fps and so on,....this game runs like ****, with this drivers...win7..?

BF3 Beta was better..