Nvidia GeForce 326.80 Beta - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Well downclocking my first Gpu worked for a day, lol! Won't blackscreen during benches but Far Cry 3 did last night.Noticed today that my Gpus are only going to 1.15v (WTF?) instead of 1.175v.Not sure if it's a driver limitation or what but they ARE SUPPOSED TO max out at 1.175v.Modded and flashed bios to both cards so OC-Scanner would pick up the new max (which is actually the original max but we won't go into corporate conspiracies right?)...thus, testing continues.:smile:

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Is anyone else seeing some weird shadow behaviour with The Bureau: XCOM Declassified when using these drivers?

It's hard to describe the issue in words and, unfortunately, the game doesn't seem to support screenshots from Steam or EVGA Precision X v4.2.1 (any screenshots I take come out as completely black) so I cannot show you either. It's obvious when you see it though such as at the bottom of the shop fronts on the first mission as there are huge black 'blobs' that "draw in" bizarrely and appear and disappear as you move to and away from them. They also occur on the alien barriers further into the same levels and on every mission I've played since. It's a very ugly, very distracting issue IMO that takes the shine of what is otherwise a fine-looking game (anti-aliasing could be better though). This is an NVIDIA endorsed game too so surely they must have noticed it?

I'm playing the game on 1920x1200 DX11 settings with everything set to either On (including Screen Space Reflections, Tessellation and PhysX) or its maximum setting. However, lowering the shadow setting or turning them off really isn't a solution in my view so I'd like to know if this is a game engine or drive bug?

3. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Darren if you post a screenshot I can check on my system as I've not really played it much so I've not noticed

4. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Unfortunately, that's the problem... I can't seem to take a screenshot. Steam's own screenshot feature does not work and EVGA Precision X's screenshots come out black. Does FRAPS work because I do have that, albeit not an up to date version?

And thanks for offering to check it for me. It may be a Kepler or even a GTX 780/Titan only issue though (it wouldn't be the first!).

By the way, does the game stutter/hitch badly every time it auto-saves?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Very rare for me to get a FF crash, so I dont think it can be pinned on an Nvidia driver in itself - but in combination with other s'ware, drivers, variables, it may lead to an FF crash. Fortunately for me I dont seem to have anything like that and stability-wise, FF has worked flawlessly for as long as I can remember.

6. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Yeap like a B**** its just annoying the 3 to 4 seconds of stuttering. I did try using a custom defrag script with my defrag no difference.

7. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Try Dxtory or Fraps to get a screenshot, I can take shots from that game with either.

8. Blaire

Blaire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce TITAN 4-Way...
    Check PM, i need a few more Details.

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Been on 314.21 for 24 hours now and still no issues.

Just thought for anyone having any issues with these.

10. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    See, I don't mind going back to an older driver.My problem is, I'm running out of options as to "What else" can I try besides reverting to an older set when there ARE users out there who have "No Problems" with these sets.Makes me think something's wrong with my ish and I'm trying to figure out wtf it can be.:bang: This last thing I'm doing, reverting the max volts for my gpus back to their original max of 1.175v instead of this new 1.15v (don't kno when the fudge this happened) is probably the answer I was looking for (hopefully).The blackscreens I've been getting do resemble a power supply issue.But whether it's the power the cards were receiving i.e. the 1.15v or an issue with the PSU is still left to be seen...(I can't get home from work fast enough to find out and the suspense is killing me!!!!!) LOL!!!!

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah, some of my problems with drivers in the past have been solved by lowering clocks or voltage, or upping either.

But while i wont go as as to say this shouldnt have to be done, obviously as cards are better optimized by drivers they're gonna need more or less juice, But what i would like in these instances is for Nvidia to come forward and say 'hey green team, you may need to do X or Y for stability with these new driver'. I'd have no problem with that.

Surely they can NOT be getting any of the issues mentioned by others and myself with these latest sets.

I have to say though, that the 32X.XX branch has to be the first of consistent problems i've ever had with Nvidia Drivers.

12. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Tried Nightly?

13. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I fully agree.A "heads up" ever so often with the release of a new performance driver would be golden, instead of "shooting in the dark" when issues do arise.I don't mind having to figure ish out as it keeps the mind fresh and you learn a lot from it but.....yea it's kinda, been a while now, lol!

14. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    TW:Rome 2 is out and SLI, obviously, isn't working. Thanks nvidia, I'm really glad I invested in SLI. Loving me some 14fps battles.

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    First of all, if you havnt already.. use Inspector to make sure that the correct .exe is added to the sli profile.

2nd. Calm your tits, nividia and AMD dont always get the final build of every game released, tomb raider being the most recent example.

3rd. I dont recall many if any new release being sli ready right out the gate and next to the current state of driver releases of late, its no surprise that its not working, im back on 314.21 atm due to constant bluescreens and sli disappearing from the control panel.

As with the tech, games are also a risk for day 1 purchases, as a pc gamer you should be well versed in waiting for performance reviews before splashing out.

16. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    ^^So you think it is normal to pay for a high-end setup and not playing new games smooth ?

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Is anyone else seeing green flashing artifacts every 5-6 seconds but only in the FMV cutscenes of Castlevania: Lords of Shadows? There have been two patches but neither of them have fixed this annoying issue. These cutscenes are already distracting enough due to the jaggy visuals and 720p encoding without them flickering too. I've no idea whether it is a game or driver issue? (Sorry if I've asked this before.)

18. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    i had that problem fixed it by updating my gtx 780 to latest evga bios

19. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    went from 80.10.36.00.80 to 80.10.37.00.80

20. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest