Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Games, Gaming & Game-demos
Games, Gaming & Game-demos You can talk about the latest games here and more ..

The Elder Scrolls Anthology (TES1 - 5 + OB DLC!)
Old
  (#1)
Keitosha
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Sapphire R9 270X 2GB
Processor: FX-8350 + Mugen 4 PCGH
Mainboard: ASRock 990FX Extreme3
Memory: 32GB Kingston 4x8GB
Soundcard: SB Z/SH HD477/TX-NR626
PSU: Corsair TX750M
Default The Elder Scrolls Anthology (TES1 - 5 + OB DLC!) - 08-03-2013, 07:12 | posts: 4,545 | Location: Netherlands

Quote:
Exciting news today for Elder Scrolls fans. On September 10th (and September 13th in Europe), we’ll be releasing The Elder Scrolls Anthology on PC. This premium box set (shown above) includes all five main games from the series – Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim – as well all the official add-ons and expansions for Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim.

To help you explore the expansive world of Tamriel, the Anthology also features a set of five physical maps detailing the lands of Tamriel, Iliac Bay, Morrowind, Cyrodiil and Skyrim.

In case you haven’t been with us since 1994, here’s a recap of all five titles that will be included in the $79.99 package (€59.99 / £49.99 / $89.99AUD)
Quote:
Arena – Assume the role of a lone prisoner and travel to Tamriel’s most famous and dangerous sites to collect the shattered Staff of Chaos and save the Empire from the evil Imperial battlemage, Jagar Tharn. The Anthology features the original version of Arena and will launch within a DOS emulator.

Daggerfall – The ancient golem Numidium, a powerful weapon once used to unify Tamriel has once again been unearthed. In the power struggle that follows, the King of Daggerfall is murdered and his vengeful spirit haunts the kingdom. The Emperor Uriel Septim VII sends you on a heroic path to put the king’s spirit to rest and ensure that the golem does not fall into the wrong hands. The Anthology features the original version of Daggerfall and will launch within a DOS emulator.

Morrowind – To fulfill an ancient prophecy, the Emperor sends you, an unknown Imperial courier, to the island of Vvardenfell to rid the land of Morrowind of a dark curse. Through a series of dangerous and magical quests, you are transformed into one of the Empire’s most enduring heroes. Also includes: Tribunal and Bloodmoon add-ons, plus The Elder Scrolls Construction Set.

Oblivion – With the Empire ready to crumble, the gates of Oblivion open and demons march upon the land. In the shadow of evil, a hero will rise from the ashes of a fallen Empire. You must find the true heir of the Septim line and restore him to the Imperial throne, while unraveling the sinister plot that threatens to destroy all of Tamriel. Also includes: Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles expansions.

Skyrim – Dragons, long lost to the passages of the Elder Scrolls, have returned to Tamriel. The future of Skyrim, even the Empire itself, hangs in the balance as they wait for the prophesized Dragonborn to come; a hero born with the power of The Voice, and the only one who can stand amongst the dragons. Also includes: Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn add-ons.

http://www.bethblog.com/2013/08/01/t...his-september/

Too bad Battlespire and Redguard aren't included, but since i'm a huge TES fan/collector, I will most likely get this. Great pack for just €60.

As for the smaller Oblivion DLC, they are NOT included (no horse armor for you), which is retarded. Should contain everything by now. I know The Knights of the Nine retail disc had all the DLC included as well.
Official post regarding the Oblivion DLC by a Bethsoft staff member:
Quote:
gstaff said on Saturday, August 3, 2013 at 12:49 am:

It does not have the small DLCs for Oblivion. Easy way to explain it is it’s the same content you’d get if you bought store copies of Arena and Daggerfall (but good luck finding them), the GOTY releases of Morrowind & Oblivion, and the Legendary release of Skyrim.

Last edited by Keitosha; 08-07-2013 at 19:09. Reason: Oblivion DLC confirmed!

Old
  (#2)
IcE
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Zotac GTX 780
Processor: i5 3570K @4.0
Mainboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Memory: 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1866
Soundcard: SBZ + Aune T1 + CAL
PSU: Enermax NAXN 82+ 750W
Default 08-03-2013, 07:53 | posts: 9,164 | Location: Toledo

That's crappy and lazy that it doesn't have the Oblivion DLC, even if it was mostly uselss tripe. It also looks to me like those maps are reprints of the originals. So meh. For $50 I would buy it

Old
  (#3)
JonasBeckman
Ancient Guru

Videocard: R9 290 Tri-X Vapor-X OC
Processor: i7-3930K @ 4.1Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Soundcard: Asus ROG Phoebus
PSU: Corsair AX 1200W
Default 08-03-2013, 13:39 | posts: 9,804 | Location: Sweden

It's a shame Bethesda doesn't have all the code for Arena and Daggerfall so they could be updated to work natively on newer hardware and OS systems, Redguard and Battlespire too but they aren't even included.

Strange decision not to have the Oblivion DLC but otherwise it looks like a rather solid compilation.

Old
  (#4)
eclap
Ancient Guru

Videocard: MSI Gaming 970 1450/7800
Processor: i5 2500k @4.5 1.2v
Mainboard: Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Memory: 8GB G-Skill RipjawsX 1600
Soundcard: Aune T1. AD700. DT880
PSU: XFX Black 750W 80+ Gold
Default 08-03-2013, 13:55 | posts: 26,668 | Location: Hampshire, UK

Arena was groundbreaking. Daggerfall improved on pretty much everything, it was amazing. Best in the series. Morrowind was a good game too, loved it. Oblivion was terrible. Skyrim was slightly better. My opinion if course, but the last 2 games ruined a one great franchise for me.

Lovely bundle btw, but some discs are missing, how is that an anthology.

Old
  (#5)
Wanny
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GTX670 FTW
Processor: i7 3770k 4.5GHz H100i
Mainboard: GA-Z77X-UD5H
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866mhz
Soundcard: Xonar DX w/ Z-5500
PSU: XFX PRO750W XXX
Default 08-03-2013, 13:58 | posts: 7,439 | Location: Canada, Quebec

I had my best memories on Morrowind (too young for the others).

Old
  (#6)
(.)(.)
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 580sli (water)
Processor: 2600k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus M4E
Memory: Corsair Vengence
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: Enermax Rev 1250w
Default 08-03-2013, 14:21 | posts: 5,149 | Location: Logd n jst 2 change avatar

Shoulda called this The Elder Scrolls Backlog Edition. (surely no one has this much free time)

golly gosh.. im soo funny.

Old
  (#7)
IcE
Ancient Guru

Default 08-03-2013, 17:46 | posts: 9,164 | Location: Toledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclap View Post
Arena was groundbreaking. Daggerfall improved on pretty much everything, it was amazing. Best in the series. Morrowind was a good game too, loved it. Oblivion was terrible. Skyrim was slightly better. My opinion if course, but the last 2 games ruined a one great franchise for me.

Lovely bundle btw, but some discs are missing, how is that an anthology.
Oblivion gets a lot of hate but I still quite enjoyed it completely vanilla. The combat was a lot better than in Morrowind. It was a shame they went with scaled enemies and had to have the entire game voice acted (and only by a few people which made it seem repetitive). But all in all not a bad game imo. I enjoyed it more than Skyrim, somehow.

Old
  (#8)
NvidiaFreak650
Member Guru

Videocard: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti Boost
Processor: Intel i5 4570 3.6Ghz
Mainboard: ASrock Fatal1ty H87
Memory: 8gb DDR3 1600mhz XMP 1.2
Soundcard: Realtek ALC1150 & Z-5500
PSU: Cool Master i500 500w
Default 08-03-2013, 18:40 | posts: 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by (.)(.) View Post
Shoulda called this The Elder Scrolls Backlog Edition. (surely no one has this much free time)
The Elder Scrolls Get Fire From Your Job Edition LOL.

Old
  (#9)
(.)(.)
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 580sli (water)
Processor: 2600k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus M4E
Memory: Corsair Vengence
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: Enermax Rev 1250w
Default 08-03-2013, 18:44 | posts: 5,149 | Location: Logd n jst 2 change avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcE View Post
Oblivion gets a lot of hate but I still quite enjoyed it completely vanilla. The combat was a lot better than in Morrowind. It was a shame they went with scaled enemies and had to have the entire game voice acted (and only by a few people which made it seem repetitive). But all in all not a bad game imo. I enjoyed it more than Skyrim, somehow.
Boom! ^^ This is the best way to explain Oblivion in a short sentence.

Skyrim with all its mods is pretty and all, but thats what i find im doing more than anything, seldom do i play or go cave diving for crap. Skyrim for me, even on first playthrough, just felt smaller than oblivion, most obvious whenever im back at whiterun (the first major city after Riverwood at the start) and standing out in the open just outside Whiteruns gates. Its looks big but as im walking around, it revels itself to be more of an illusion more so than Oblivion did.

if that makes sense.

Old
  (#10)
Aura89
Ancient Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX 770 OC Twin Frozr
Processor: AMD FX 4100 @ 4.2Ghz
Mainboard: Asrock 970 Extreme3
Memory: GeIL 8Gb DDR3 1600
Soundcard: Sounblaster Z/DT 990 Pro
PSU: Antec 650 Watt
Default 08-03-2013, 19:48 | posts: 5,038 | Location: Washington State, USA

...i hope this means they'll at some point or another sell arena and daggerfall individually at some point through, say, steam, ofcourse with the dos emulator, but those are the only two in this pack i care about as i own the rest....

Old
  (#11)
JonasBeckman
Ancient Guru

Videocard: R9 290 Tri-X Vapor-X OC
Processor: i7-3930K @ 4.1Ghz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Soundcard: Asus ROG Phoebus
PSU: Corsair AX 1200W
Default 08-03-2013, 19:53 | posts: 9,804 | Location: Sweden

Arena and Daggerfall are freeware now though and available for download from Bethesda directly unless something has changed recently, however due to lack of source code and such assets they are unmodified and Arena is the floppy version with a smaller intro and outro that lack voice acting.
(Arena first as part of a ten year celebration and then Daggerfall shortly afterwards.)

EDIT:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/arena/
http://www.elderscrolls.com/daggerfall/

Old
  (#12)
Anarion
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970
Processor: Intel Core i7 3770K
Mainboard: ASUS P8Z77-V
Memory: G.SKILL RipjawsX 16 GB
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Zx + HD 595
PSU: Corsair AX760
Default 08-03-2013, 19:58 | posts: 10,986 | Location: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura89 View Post
...i hope this means they'll at some point or another sell arena and daggerfall individually at some point through, say, steam, ofcourse with the dos emulator, but those are the only two in this pack i care about as i own the rest....
Here's Arena for you: http://cms.elderscrolls.com/sites/de...na106Setup.zip

And here's Daggerfall: http://cms.elderscrolls.com/sites/de.../DFInstall.zip

Old
  (#13)
Keitosha
Ancient Guru

Default 08-04-2013, 00:53 | posts: 4,545 | Location: Netherlands

For those who are still angry about the Oblivion DLC: the GOTY Deluxe version is now 75% off on Steam.
Still balls for them being allergic to include the DLC with every OB pack. Same crap happened with the 5th anniversary edition, which is just the GOTY version.

Old
  (#14)
ViperXtreme
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Palit GTX 660 OC 2GB
Processor: Intel Core i5 3570K @4Ghz
Mainboard: ASRock Z68 Pro3-M
Memory: 8GB G.Skill RipJaws DDR3
Soundcard: Integrated Realtek 7.1 HD
PSU: OCZ StealthXStream 2 600W
Default 08-04-2013, 04:17 | posts: 2,922 | Location: Philippines

The Elder Scrolls Foreveralone edition

Old
  (#15)
ElFishoIII
Maha Guru

Videocard: GTX770Classi/BenQ XL2720z
Processor: i7 4970k 4.6ghz 1.24/h80i
Mainboard: ASRock z87 Extreme6
Memory: 16G GSkill 1866
Soundcard: X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Ch
PSU: Silverstone OP-1000
Default 08-04-2013, 06:26 | posts: 840 | Location: Brighton, MI USA

/\ /\ ...yes!

Old
  (#16)
StannieDum

Videocard: Nvidia GTX 590 (SLI)
Processor: Intel Core i7-3930k
Memory: 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3
Soundcard: On Board HD Audio
PSU: Corsair 850w
Default 08-05-2013, 10:13 | posts: 31 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcE View Post
Oblivion gets a lot of hate ...
Hate? I reckon Bethesda were probably fine with that 'hate' when you look at its review scores:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/th...ls-iv-oblivion

and consider Oblivion's enormous sales figures over the years.

Have to say though that considering both Skyrim Legendary Edition and Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition are available off Amazon for a combined total price of £24 (UK pounds), Morrowind GOTY is available off Steam for £9.74 and the two DOS games are now free to play, it's up to the customer if he wants to pay £16 for a box!!

Last edited by StannieDum; 08-05-2013 at 10:46.

Old
  (#17)
Elder III
Maha Guru

Videocard: MSI R9 290 4GB 5760x1080
Processor: Intel i7 3770K @ 4.2 Ghz
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD45
Memory: 12 GB DDR3
Soundcard: Realtek
PSU: Corsair CX-600
Default 08-05-2013, 17:01 | posts: 2,407 | Location: Ohio

I want the book, but have no need for any of the rest of it myself.

Old
  (#18)
IcE
Ancient Guru

Default 08-05-2013, 17:08 | posts: 9,164 | Location: Toledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by StannieDum View Post
Hate? I reckon Bethesda were probably fine with that 'hate' when you look at its review scores:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/th...ls-iv-oblivion

and consider Oblivion's enormous sales figures over the years.

Have to say though that considering both Skyrim Legendary Edition and Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition are available off Amazon for a combined total price of £24 (UK pounds), Morrowind GOTY is available off Steam for £9.74 and the two DOS games are now free to play, it's up to the customer if he wants to pay £16 for a box!!
It gets a lot of forum hate at least, I know it was a successful game. But pundits just cite that the average gamer has a low IQ and needs their hand held or some tripe like that.

Old
  (#19)
Aura89
Ancient Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX 770 OC Twin Frozr
Processor: AMD FX 4100 @ 4.2Ghz
Mainboard: Asrock 970 Extreme3
Memory: GeIL 8Gb DDR3 1600
Soundcard: Sounblaster Z/DT 990 Pro
PSU: Antec 650 Watt
Default 08-06-2013, 02:16 | posts: 5,038 | Location: Washington State, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasBeckman View Post
Arena and Daggerfall are freeware now though and available for download from Bethesda directly unless something has changed recently, however due to lack of source code and such assets they are unmodified and Arena is the floppy version with a smaller intro and outro that lack voice acting.
(Arena first as part of a ten year celebration and then Daggerfall shortly afterwards.)

EDIT:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/arena/
http://www.elderscrolls.com/daggerfall/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
While i understand this, do they come with the dos emulater all set up, fully, out of the box?(install) if not, then my want still stands

While i understand this is pretty much "lazy", i have no desire to set up any game using dos emulators such as dosbox for the simple fact that there is way too many settings in them that could, or could not, affect the game in some way or another, and since i have no idea what i'm doing, i could set it up, play the entire game, and only realize in the end there was supposed to be a sky...if i had just set the dos emulator correctly...

Old
  (#20)
Solfaur
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 2xSLI MSI GTX680Lightning
Processor: i7 3770K| Corsair H100 pp
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD65
Memory: 2x4GB Kingston Black 2133
Soundcard: Realtek ALC898| Z-5500
PSU: Nexus RX-1.1K GOLD@1100W
Default 08-06-2013, 07:42 | posts: 4,489 | Location: Romania

I have all TES games I like with all their DLCs on Steam already. This edition is nothing special imo, CE of each individual game is a better thing to have, though the only physcial CE I have of a TES game is Oblivion one.

Old
  (#21)
Elder III
Maha Guru

Videocard: MSI R9 290 4GB 5760x1080
Processor: Intel i7 3770K @ 4.2 Ghz
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD45
Memory: 12 GB DDR3
Soundcard: Realtek
PSU: Corsair CX-600
Default 08-06-2013, 22:11 | posts: 2,407 | Location: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura89 View Post
While i understand this, do they come with the dos emulater all set up, fully, out of the box?(install) if not, then my want still stands

While i understand this is pretty much "lazy", i have no desire to set up any game using dos emulators such as dosbox for the simple fact that there is way too many settings in them that could, or could not, affect the game in some way or another, and since i have no idea what i'm doing, i could set it up, play the entire game, and only realize in the end there was supposed to be a sky...if i had just set the dos emulator correctly...
There is a fully setup .exe for Daggerfall somewhere on the internet, I think I actually have it installed on my laptop. I can't recall where it came from, but it's run through DosBox, but packaged into a regular Windows installation process, so it's just as easy to install as a web browser (for example). Google it and I'm sure you can find it quickly if you want to get it.

Old
  (#22)
Bl@ck_Thorne
Master Guru

Videocard: Powercolor R9 270x Devil
Processor: AMD FX 8350 Vishera
Mainboard: ASRock 990FX Extreme 9
Memory: 8Gb G.skill Ripjaws 1600
Soundcard: Integrated Realtek ALC898
PSU: Corsair CS750M 80+ Gold
Smile 08-07-2013, 09:49 | posts: 421 | Location: Manila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarion View Post

thanks for this

Old
  (#23)
Keitosha
Ancient Guru

Default 08-07-2013, 18:59 | posts: 4,545 | Location: Netherlands

Bethesda confirmed on their blog that Oblivion will feature all the DLC as well. 2 versions of Oblivion and MW will be included: 1. The normal retail GOTY version without the smaller DLC and 2. a Steam key for both MW GOTY and Oblivion GOTY Deluxe, which includes the smaller horse crap, the orrery and all of the DLC as well.

Quote:
What versions of the games are included with Anthology?

The Elder Scrolls Anthology is the same content you would get if you purchased the boxed version of each game.

Arena and Daggerfall include a pre-configured version of DosBox that gets installed during installation and allows you to play on modern machines.
Morrowind GOTY and Oblivion GOTY are based on the retail versions of the game, which do not require Steam activation. For Oblivion, this means that the disc version of the game does not include the smaller add-ons (Horse Armor, Fighter’s Stronghold, Mehrunes’ Razor, etc)… more on that below.
For Skyrim, the disc is based on the Legendary release of the game, which requires Steam activation.

As a bonus, the included Steam key will activate Steam versions of Morrowind GOTY and Oblivion GOTY Deluxe. Like the disc release of Oblivion, the deluxe versions include the main game, Knights of the Nine, and Shivering Isles, but it also adds English versions of the Wizard’s Tower, Orrery, Thives’ Den, The Vile Lair, Mehrunes’ Razor, and Horse Armor. These add-ons are not compatible with the disc version of the game, so you will need to use the Steam version to access them.
Still missing the Fighter's Stronghold (Battlehorn Castle) DLC?

http://www.bethblog.com/2013/08/07/t...his-september/
Morrowind DLC page, scroll down

Old
  (#24)
nhlkoho
Ancient Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX770 4GB FTW
Processor: i7 4770k
Mainboard: Asus Z87 Plus
Memory: Veng. Pro 16GB DDR3-1866
Soundcard: Soundblaster Z
PSU: EVGA 750G2
Default 08-07-2013, 19:19 | posts: 4,899 | Location: Washington DC

I remember getting a Daggerfall demo in one of those old PCGamer magazines. It was one of the first games I played with nudity in it. Play as a female, take off all her clothes, get a big hammer and start breaking down doors of people's houses. Never had the full game but that was enough to keep me busy at that age.

I'm another one who enjoyed Oblivion more than Skyrim. Something about Skyrim just doesn't make me intersted to sit down and play for hours on end like I did with Oblivion. I'm also older now and have more things going on in life so that could be part of it.