H100i (push>pull) or Silverstone Tundra TD02 (Pull)....

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by CPC_RedDawn, Jul 27, 2013.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Getting a Corsair Air 540 soon, which cooler should I get out of these two...

H100i in push pull or a Silverstone Tundra TD02 in pull.

Would use the Tundra in pull as it is a much thicker 45mm rad and push pull would not fit into the 540. Plus I read that rads cool better with air being pulled through them rather than pushed plus its easier to clean whilst its still inside the case.

I love the aesthetic look of the Tundra and it scores well in benchmarks compared to the H100i which would also be louder with 4 fans in push pull where I would just have 2 fans on the Tundra??

Which would you go for? I am more swaying with to the Tundra...

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    no response? anyone?

3. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I know nothing of the Tundra so I can't help much in that regard, but I do run an H100i in push-pull. I did, however, swap out the stock fans for Noctua Nf-F12s in the interest of silence and have been very pleased.

It's been quite a while since I dialed in my OC, but if I recall correctly, the hottest core was around 75C after an all-night session of P95 AVX with my cpu at 4.8/1.4v (HT on). In daily use, I leave them at about 750 rpm and my rig is effectively silent. I might crank them up to 1000-1200 rpm while playing a cpu-intensive game and temps stay in the fifties.

Of course, those fans ain't cheap, so ymmv.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yep I already have an original H100 in push pull using 4 Corsair SP120 High Performance editions but I am getting a new case and I want a new cooler as well. I am seriously thinking of getting the Tundra TD02 and using two of my corsair fans in pull (as exhausts). I will clean out my H100 from any dust and sell it on. The aesthetics/build quality of the Tundra has swayed it for me, now all I need to do is find a way of sleeving those horrible plastic white tubes it has!