Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > Frontpage news
Frontpage news Perhaps you have some news to report or want to check out the latest Guru3D headlines and comment ? Check it in here.

Old
  (#26)
scatman839
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 7970m, UE46D5000
Processor: i7 3610QM
Mainboard: Intel HM77
Memory: 12GB DDR3
Soundcard: Via HD, x-530
PSU: 180w
Default 06-12-2013, 01:42 | posts: 9,978 | Location: Dundee, Scotland

Best I could see it only had one third that has any ports, and it has them all, so either you have all your usb ports facing away from you or you have hdmi to tv and power coming out the front.

Really, it has no front, only a back, no practicality there then.

Old
  (#27)
heffeque
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Radeon 6320 1GB
Processor: AMD E-450
Mainboard: Zotac AD04
Memory: 8 GB
Soundcard: Realtek
PSU: Small external brick
Default 06-12-2013, 02:47 | posts: 3,663 | Location: Barcelona, Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman839 View Post
Best I could see it only had one third that has any ports, and it has them all, so either you have all your usb ports facing away from you or you have hdmi to tv and power coming out the front.

Really, it has no front, only a back, no practicality there then.
Yes, everything is in the back and it's meant to be rotated. It has a motion sensor, so if it senses that you're rotating it, the back part of it lights up so that you can see the ports even in the dark.

Edit: http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/ (goto I/O, in the right)

Last edited by heffeque; 06-12-2013 at 02:51.

Old
  (#28)
AJLeuer

Videocard: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair
Default 06-12-2013, 06:49 | posts: 3

The new Mac Pro looks absolutely astonishing. Apple has really outdone themselves this time. I'm not sure there's ever been a desktop with that kind of cutting-edge components in a form factor like that. It's too bad most desktop enthusiasts are apparently troglodytes still living in the 90s. I love my desktop as much as anyone, but if the reactions here are indicative of the attitudes of enthusiasts, then the entire desktop PC market deserves to go extinct to make room for more iPads. Change is coming, don't resist it. Apple taking pity on your increasingly irrelevant, niche market is the best thing to ever happen to you.

Old
  (#29)
Neo Cyrus
Ancient Guru

Videocard: XFX HD 6970 @ 1015/6400
Processor: Xeon W3530 @ 4GHz
Mainboard: GA-X58A-UD3R Rev. 2.0
Memory: 6GB DDR3-2000 9-9-9-24-1T
Soundcard: SB ZxR + DT 990 Pro-250
PSU: Antec High Current 900W
Default 06-12-2013, 07:08 | posts: 7,487 | Location: GTA, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJLeuer View Post
The new Mac Pro looks absolutely astonishing. Apple has really outdone themselves this time. I'm not sure there's ever been a desktop with that kind of cutting-edge components in a form factor like that. It's too bad most desktop enthusiasts are apparently troglodytes still living in the 90s. I love my desktop as much as anyone, but if the reactions here are indicative of the attitudes of enthusiasts, then the entire desktop PC market deserves to go extinct to make room for more iPads. Change is coming, don't resist it. Apple taking pity on your increasingly irrelevant, niche market is the best thing to ever happen to you.
Let's see, new member, praising Apple like they're gods while snidely putting down everyone here. Yep, totally not suspicious.

[IMG]http://media.***********/tumblr_lrqngyvd781qllt8v.png[/IMG]

Old
  (#30)
putty
Maha Guru

Videocard: ATI HD5750
Processor: Intel i5 2.8 ghz
Mainboard: Imac 27"
Memory: 16 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Soundcard: Intel HD Audio
PSU: Apple
Default 06-12-2013, 09:18 | posts: 1,641 | Location: The Netherlands

Other than the fact that its odd that apple made it so that you can not upgrade it, I think it is brilliant. I do really like the formfactor, then again I am an Apple user(not a fanboy mind you, I do also own a Microsoft Surface Pro).

Old
  (#31)
Koniakki
Maha Guru

Videocard: Palit 780Ti JS@1280/7500
Processor: Intel 3770k@4.6G's
Mainboard: Asrock Z77 OC Formula
Memory: Kingston P-X 16GB@2400Mhz
Soundcard: Asrock SPDIF-OUT
PSU: XFX BLACK PRO 750W GOLD
Default 06-12-2013, 16:30 | posts: 1,377 | Location: Inside My Thoughts..

Quote:
Originally Posted by UZ7 View Post
 Click to show spoiler

I knew it!
I think the design is a combination of the below. They went with the "Summer" theme.

Imho as long as it works and it performs fast or properly and it delivers, I must say I like the design. Its... Futuristic!

Last edited by Koniakki; 06-12-2013 at 16:35.

Old
  (#32)
Koniakki
Maha Guru

Default 06-12-2013, 16:38 | posts: 1,377 | Location: Inside My Thoughts..

Quote:
You should had stop at "......outdone themselves this time." As far as that sentence I was agreeing with you.

The rest were really unnecessary and uncalled for. Take a chill pill and Welcome.

Old
  (#33)
AJLeuer

Videocard: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair
Default 06-12-2013, 19:16 | posts: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koniakki View Post
You should had stop at "......outdone themselves this time." As far as that sentence I was agreeing with you.

The rest were really unnecessary and uncalled for. Take a chill pill and Welcome.
Thanks for the classy response. I probably went a little overboard there. It's just that I can't remember the last time a mainstream tech company took a real interest in the desktop market. It's usually just ultrabooks this and tablets that. But when Apple finally does something for the desktop market that's new and exciting... they get crapped on for being Apple. Anyhow, I probably should have just said that without making it personal :/

Old
  (#34)
ViperXtreme
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Palit GTX 660 OC 2GB
Processor: Intel Core i5 3570K @4Ghz
Mainboard: ASRock Z68 Pro3-M
Memory: 8GB G.Skill RipJaws DDR3
Soundcard: Integrated Realtek 7.1 HD
PSU: OCZ StealthXStream 2 600W
Default 06-13-2013, 02:13 | posts: 2,921 | Location: Philippines

Click to show spoiler

Old
  (#35)
Fender178
Maha Guru

Videocard: Sapphire r9 290 tri-x 4gb
Processor: i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz @1.26V
Mainboard: Asus Z97 Pro
Memory: Gskill Ares 16gb 2133mhz
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Corsair AX 860W
Default 06-13-2013, 17:13 | posts: 1,412 | Location: Pennsylvania

To me Apple Computers are overly price pieces of garbage and this design proves this because it looks like a trashcan.

Old
  (#36)
Koniakki
Maha Guru

Default 06-15-2013, 19:24 | posts: 1,377 | Location: Inside My Thoughts..

Quote:
Thanks for the classy response. I probably went a little overboard there. It's just that I can't remember the last time a mainstream tech company took a real interest in the desktop market. It's usually just ultrabooks this and tablets that. But when Apple finally does something for the desktop market that's new and exciting... they get crapped on for being Apple. Anyhow, I probably should have just said that without making it personal :/
No worries. We all get a bit "carried" away sometimes. Even the older members too. No harm done and nothing wrong with having some passion in the discussions.

That's why most of us are here. Because we love technology among many other things.

Very few tho have the good sense to understand when they did "wrong". Well done.

Old
  (#37)
UZ7
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Sapphire R9 290 - XL2720T
Processor: i7 2600K
Mainboard: Asus Maximus V Gene
Memory: 8GB Samsung 30nm
Soundcard: SupremeFX III
PSU: Corsair AX850
Default 06-15-2013, 20:20 | posts: 5,233 | Location: Everyday Rain Florida

http://youtu.be/SmrAuvVvKyA just poking at it