Nvidia GeForce 320.18 WHQL Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, May 23, 2013.

1. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    +1 Geforce Experience in driver package? By the way all users who are experiencing issues i personally haven't encountered one But i am not much of hardcore gamer and the games that i do play have no issues at all but i don't alter any settings in the Nvidia Control panel or Nvidia Inspector i just use in game settings...I will give a quick run trhough the games i have installed to see if there are any issues like some users are having and i will report back..Not sure but the problems might be more of a 600 series gpu issues...Just guessing here..

2. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    lazy and uncare if some body download 250mb driver than he can download 300 mb driver

3. orky87

orky87 Guest

GPU:
    R9_Nano
    I'm all good with every release including Beta's.

I bet majority of people with custom PCB's are the one's who are having issues lately.

Can anyone with a reference design report back to confirm or deny this possibility?

4. ce-lin

ce-lin Guest

GPU:
    Gbyte 660Ti 3GB OCWF3 SLI
    I got my review GTX 780 today, every issue I observed with the 320 drivers... gone, seems like it's clear the new Boost 2.0 and unified drivers for every Nvidia GPU are not getting along well... maybe we will be seing unique drivers for 780 and Titan then different drivers for the rest. I'm amazed how beautifully and smooth the power states and voltage were working on the 780 on these drivers compared to the plethora of issues concerning boost, TDP and power states when other cards run these drivers.

As for tweaking system RAM for 320 drivers... it's logical since the 320 drivers kind of overclock some cards (specially the 6xx GPUs) and if your system is already overclocked it becomes unstable and you need to adjust. "Bruteforcing" versus optimizing software, that's what we got, but don't worry for 700 Euros, pounds or dollars you can buy an amazing GTX 780 which makes the drivers good... for sure I'll post about this on my review (Spanish newspaper, tech news and features) next week :)

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well i was gona give these a try but i guess i wont and stick with the 314.07 Unless there brought working AA to Ragnarok online 2 and or fix the blacks back grounds with all the game features enabled even then AA complete corrupts RO2 graphically and or the glitch in Swtor with Nvidia CP forced aa and bloom on.

AA compatibility is gone down terrible in the drivers I never had to mess with inspector or AA flags to get AA working correct in games till recent years

6. ce-lin

ce-lin Guest

GPU:
    Gbyte 660Ti 3GB OCWF3 SLI
    as I said somewhere above or some pages back these drivers are specially bad for non-reference cards and factory overclocked cards, those got bios already tweaking the clocks, voltage, boost features and power states... these 320 drivers attempt to do the same.

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Good to know, I was worried about instability on the 780.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

I can confirm that from some certain older drivers, no bsod though, either raise voltage a little or raise adv. ram timings a bit. Mostly common on OC'ed system.

Also I dont have any system high pitch sound freeze anymore since I upgraded my SB to this Titanium HD with pcie connector, I use to have XFI fatality pro PCI and that thing was very sensitive with system OC and certain gpu drivers.

9. Zarich

Zarich Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GC 670
    This is what I expected. the 7xx series needs different tweaks and so they are breaking the 6xx series in the process.

10. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

I upgraded cuz of WHQL. When I enter to start locations games shutter and I have really low fps in first ~ten seconds. I never had such issue for so long time. Normal would be up to 3 seconds.

11. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Drivers work fine on my system no issues to report:)

12. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    assasins creed broken with this drivers i tested and 314.22 was fine
    [​IMG]

13. Saiyan

Saiyan Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 12GB
    Don't overdo it. Not the first time nVidia ships a bad WHQL. They'll get back on track as always.

14. Xphome

Xphome Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 3GB
    I haven't had any problems yet with the 320.xx drivers, Gigabyte GTX 680 (reference). I don't play games that often anymore tho, played Rising Storm for a couple of hours yesterday without any issues with 320.18.

15. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    my cards are ref and never seem to have driver problems

16. Axaion

Axaion Active Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    no system freeze for me yet, i had those with all the other 320 series drivers.
    DPC latency is still beyond retarded however.

17. Dean_Demon

Dean_Demon Member

GPU:
    Titan RTX 24 GB
    I have the most bizarre problem in that the driver crashes every 5 to 10 seconds and then recovers, when it crashes afterburner shows gpu usage as 100%, when i uninstall the driver i have no crashes, as i write this no driver is being used and running on 7 64bit, tried various physx options and made no difference, did notice that if i leave it running for a few hours it stops crashing and all is then normal, i even tried on a fresh install of my OS with same effect, i'm sure the driver is having a conflict with some other driver on my system but everything is upto date, can't say that i've ever experienced this before with another driver.

18. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
  19. TTtimzr

TTtimzr Guest

GPU:
    Evga&Msi GTX 780 sli
    No problems with these drivers so far or any others tbh, my card has reference pcb but custom cooling.
    My own overclock is still stable as well (pushed further than factory overclock).
    Happy with these

20. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I don't know if this is a BF3 recent plugin problem (had a new one today) or this driver that is causing the problem but I am getting the 'joining' in the box and nothing happens. It did not do this yesterday on the 314.07.

I'm guessing it's a plugin issue but I have also tried in FF, IE and Chrome.

EDIT: Took the plunge and removed the driver and went back to one above. No change. Must be coincidence that it happened at the same time. It's not the driver. It must be damn EA again lol

Last edited: May 24, 2013