AMD Catalyst 13.4 (12.104.0.0 March 28)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Apr 23, 2013.

Tags:
  1. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

What I meant was the apps are older in this driver than the 16 April driver. They packaged the latest app builds available for that driver. The apps are older in this driver than the 16 April driver simply because it was packaged earlier :)

2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    well, that makes sense as this was submitted to MS on March 28th, and 13.x was compiled after that.

But again, the fact that 13.x is newer is irreverent, its just a compile date. AMD has said there is no difference, either accept that or dont.

My original statement was the beta3 was a better driver for comparison rather than 13.x, as the newer app dates are irrelevant.

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    13.5 Betas are supposedly coming tomorrow as well.

4. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    I hope so

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    source? I'll wait for those if that's true.

6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

No I agree, this is definitely the driver that people should be using instead! It's just the Apps (apart from OpenCL) that are newer with it due to the newer packaging date (like I said, they seem to package the latest apps available at the time of packaging).

The 13.5 beta would be good though, I believe it's getting close to the point where that memory code rewrite would be tested. If not with 13.5 beta, at a guess I would say still within say, a month or two. Before someone comments, I am purely speculating about that!

7. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    Great... no support for 7xxxxM series. Yay for AMD unified drivers.

Source is from Overlock.net, nothing official. Some dude who got beta access from an OCN Lan AMD event. He said it's supposed to have some CFX fixes and some new module that will improve DX10/DX11 games in general. He predicted a April 24th release in conjunction with 7990 release. He claims he already has the drivers but couldn't release since it was still under internal evaluation.
    - Probably pretend mobile customers don't exist again on those too.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    cool, I'll wait then.

9. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yeah, WHQL are boring..

bring on the carzy betas...

lol

10. cyberfredxxx

cyberfredxxx Member Guru

GPU:
    WF 780 GTX

11. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Every AMD Driver from 12.11 (I think) has made my Laptop blue screen on restart after uninstalling the previous driver. Have to "Load Last Known Good Configuration" and use Atiman to fix it. So strange, I have a Dell Studio 1749 with a 5650M.

12. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    must be something odd about the igpu implmentation.

13. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    Because AMD are really really weird. They prefer to let someone leak their drivers 24-48 hours before they can spend the 5 minutes it takes to upload it to their own server. I guess it's official policy to demonstrate that they are incompetent, leak drivers and then take much longer to post it themselves.

14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    They are probobly holding them for the 7990 release tomorrow.

15. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    Why wait if someone already leaked them? That's dumb. Anyway, it's also very consistent. Their drivers are leaked on ComputerBase, Guru3D, Station Drivers etc consistently 24-48 hours before before the very awesome, communicative Andrew tweets that it's coming, which I just don't get. It's being leaked by multiple people, locations. If they know their drivers are going to be leaked, don't get why they don't just put it up, can't take more than 10 minutes... Copy paste changelog, move file to FTP server, done...

16. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    They are generally distributed to reviewers before they are put up.

Thats usually where the leaks come from.

Notice they are zipped, not an .exe

Thats how you know they arent the final packaging, because thats how they send them to testers.

17. peitro

peitro Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 m
    do not instal on my system

18. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Nice drivers finally, all smooth as butter... No bugs as previous 13.X and 13.3b3

AND MOST IMPORTANT GPU ACCELERATION ON FIREFOX, CHROME, IEXPLORER AND OPERA FIXED ON BOTH w7 x64 and w8.1 x64. Many likes AMD :banana: :)

19. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Could be a PR thing. I'm excited for leaks, but find official stuff slightly more boring. I like to feel I have something before (mostly) anyone else :p

But by your logic, what of video game developers? I see very few games that don't leak before actual release date. Does that mean those developers should go contact every retailer and just say release it now just because a few guys decided to upload it on bittorrent? Schedules are meant to be followed...

What was wrong with GPU acceleration on Chrome? (not even sure if I have it enabled atm though to be fair)

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Think it was posted by Thracks somewhere, as its 7990 day tomorrow, and the 13.5's have the new Xfire changes in them that everyones been waiting for.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013