MSI and ASrock Haswell Motherboards caught on camera (photos)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Since it offers 6x USB 3, where are they going to be putting the 6x USB 2's?

3. AllTech

AllTech Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680
    Two 8 pin connectors for the CPU? What the...

4. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Looks like an engineering sample board, the Asrock has only one.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Only a few months left til launch time....

6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Apparently the USB3.0 controller has an issue with waking up...

Also, the performance figures, clock vs clock to Ivy, isn't all that inspiring. There was a greater benefit going from Sandy to Ivy clock vs clock. The only thing that may make Haswell perform better is AVX2, for programs that can make use of it and support it.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes in x87 code it won't be any faster..

In normal use x86, no tests yet, it will be more then SB to IB.. All those new registers and wider engine executions will help a lot.

8. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    USB3.0 is backwards compatible so why would one need USB 2.0 ?

9. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You have to remember where Intel is going with Haswell.

Performance is not the key factor these days, power efficiency and low usage in general is the big one.

Intel desperately wants to get into Tablets and corner the ultraportable market for good. Haswell is their key into this, just like Silvermont (the new Atom) will be the key for the high end smartphone and low-mid end tablet market.

You have to remember what we're stuck with in the tablet market right now, that is CPU performance from 2006 roughly. If Haswell gets into tablets, it will be a completely disruptive product there.

It's really impressive to see Inte's "Tick-Tock" juggernaut in action.

P.S.- The USB3 thing is all rumors at this point, with no indication from anyone but the original anonymous source that this is an issue. I wouldn't place any emphasis on it till others start saying it as well.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    He draw that conclusion from those leaked x87 superPi benchmarks, all pretty much useless in today's world.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6355/intels-haswell-architecture/6
    I mean why would they improve/change so much stuff and there wont be any perf. boost.. It doesnt make any sense, even less to judge it on those 3 leaked benchmarks. :)

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Just to clarify, I agree, but I wouldn't say performance, I'd say CPU performance. They are definitely doubling onboard GPU performance each cycle which is awesome for ultrabooks/tablets and stuff.

If Haswell can get total platform power down enough for 8 hours of battery life, ARM is going to have a bad time competing.

Yeah, but even in the Reddit IAMI the Intel engineer said that it was going to be a minimal performance increase, similar to that of Sandy--->Ivy which is about 10-15% clock for clock in general usage.

12. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Pls let there be no delay, i wanna upgrade this summer.

13. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Ati crossfire, alright! Wonder if the final products will have the amd crossfire logo on there.

14. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    I'm getting excited... Just a few more months and iL be replacing my ancient LGA775.

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The logo doesn't really matter. Intel has a license for Crossfire so I expect they'll continue to support it on their mainstream and high-end chipsets.

16. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I thought Haswell and these new mobos would be DDR4?

Or will that come later? If so why would you get it on release and not wait for ddr4?

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Broadwell will be DDR4....and why wait another year? If you have SB or IB, it's not an issue. For those using LGA775 based systems, it doesn't make much sense to hold out for yet another year when the perceivable performance gain from DDR4 will be negligible at best....and unnoticeable at worst.

18. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Indeed, I'm updating a family system to a i5-2300, 8gb DDR3-1600, HD 5450 and a Samsung 840 250gb. This should last them quite a while considering their previous system was a Core 2 Duo (lower model).

19. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I agree with ya but as a LGA775 user The reason that I am holding out for another year is due to the lack of funds to upgrade with and that is the only reason. Plus Im going to be purchasing a Wii-U console this summer.

20. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You might want to think twice about the Wii-U, that console is failing faster than the "Gallopin Gertie".