AMD Catalyst 13.2 BETA 4 (12.100.17.0 January 29)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    Not sure if it is drivers or MSI Afterburner, but when I first start up afterburner, it is showing GPU2 usage at 99% and it never moves. Only way to get it to read correctly is to go into CCC and disable and then re-enable Crossfire.

It also looks like Crossfire is not actually working in Dead Space.

Is there anything else I can use to test if GPU2 is actually doing anything?

2. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Go back to an older driver. 13.1 or older should work for now.
    So far I've seen people complain about crashing or driver stop responding in:
    Metro 2033
    FC3
    BO2
    Skyrim
    BF3

3. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    thought I would copy this info here, since i know a good number of rp users play gw2

Ok, so, I have seen and had a number of people tell me they cant get smaa to inject/work with gw2 and RadeonPro.....I will explain the VERY easy way you do this now....

first you need to create a profile for the game.

in the profile under the Triggers tab, you see a field called "start parameters" in that field put

-email myname@myprovider.com -password 12345 -nopatchui
    as described http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments#-password_.5Bstring.5D

replace the "myname@myprovider.com" and "12345" with your login email and password.

4. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    Played metro for over a hour no crashes what so ever. Bf3 countless hours no crashes. Same with dota 2 and coh no crashes.

5. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    What about blackops 2 MP? Can you do full TDM/DOM?

6. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    I don't usually try beta drivers, but, are they really useful on older cards? Like I still use my HD5770.

7. Gatt

Gatt New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 3GB OC
    Weird, the monitor goes crazy when the screensaver start :3eyes:

8. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    My clocks were both sitting at 500 something after installing this set but a quick refresh back to factory defaults sorted it out. First time that's ever happened when installing new drivers on my card.

Definite improvement in Crysis 3 beta though.

9. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Disabling ULPS doesn't help?

10. goma

goma Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    System crash (Kernel crash) error 41

Hello to all,
    since I installed 13.2 b4 my system crash daily (once or more) but never during a game.
    It happens when the PC is in idle state.
    I dont'n know if is a video driver problem, I ask if anybody has this kind of problem.
    Thank you.

11. ACMPraetorian

ACMPraetorian Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC
    I've not seen any crashes or driver response issues with Metro2033 or BF3 since installing Beta 4, In fact I've seen FPS and stability increases with Beta 4.

I haven't seen this issue myself personally and I often leave my PC in an idle state sometimes for hours on end.

Could be hardware related?
    Or perhaps you didn't properly clean out the old driver files from the previous driver install with driver-sweeper?

I can't think of a reason why this issue would happen besides those reasons.

12. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    I have a weird problem that I noticed lately. 13.1 runs really well, bf3 and all is super fluent, colors are splendid. however when I try the 13.2 beta 2 or 3-4 my display's colors are all washed out, in game and in browser, screen is flat and has no contrast. I go back to 13.1 and colors are back. any ideas?

13. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Been trying out Dead Space III, the game is awesome :D but it runs like ****
    i cant break 60fps all maxed out with my 2x7950s @1920x1200, its like multigpu is broken with this game 50 average + dips to low 40s.

thought there was a dead space 3 profile added to these drivers about 3 revisions back or 2 at least lol

Also for some strange reason, this game is artifacting grey white squares when looking around with your torch also weird colored sprites squares when stomping on enemys .....

what the bloody hell are amd / ati playing at

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  14. Iveben Kruzen

Iveben Kruzen Guest

GPU:
    6970 x2 @ 945/1435
    I had ULPS disabled at first but then I enable it to see if that was causing the problem to no avail. I cleaned out the old driver before hand as well.

I did get better performance in other games such as BF3, Hitman and even iRacing but with the problems I had with the other games I'll wait for the next one.

15. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    I can (TDM) on my 7970. No problems so far.

16. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'm getting a constant 60 fps (cap set with MSI ab). A driver will probably be released soon for some optimizations. Just wait it out.

17. elpsychodiablo

elpsychodiablo Master Guru

GPU:
    Retina Z2 + Vlab Motion
    My little son play Wolfteam he absolutly havent any knowage of PC he just know to play.
    Anyway after i install this driver he get banned at Wolfteam because of use Glitches.

Very strange

18. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Something is wrong with your system. I was just playing DS3 and it is not hard work for cf. I was getting 60fps max out 2560x1600 and barely 45% usage in both cards. My decision was then to disable cf and still 60 fps constant and 50% core usage.

19. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Lol sounds like me back in the days.. :D Lovely son you have there man. :)

20. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    men i use occ to oc dont tell me i shouldnt oc via occ its black sreem bsod sound stops computer just freezes its gueting my nerves i try erverthing but problem stil there Eastcoasthandle and sorry for my bad english