RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    UPDATED: 04/13/2013

Official Community Q&A site: http://community.radeonpro.info/about/

[​IMG]

Radeon Profile Tool, or RadeonPro for short, is a free, user friendly utility designed to unleash the power of AMD™ Radeon™ video graphics cards. RadeonPro applies user defined profiles upon game start, just define once the desired 3D settings for each game and have all those settings applied every time you play, automatically!

Featuring basic 3D controls found on Catalyst Control Center plus exclusive controls like advanced V-Sync control and post-processing based anti-aliasing like SMAA, RadeonPro can help on fine tuning of your games making them look better and also feel better and smoother through the use of Dynamic V-Sync Control (DVC) and Dynamic Frame rate Control (DFC). RadeonPro can also help Crossfire users to force multi-GPU utilization in games not supported by the driver, improving your games performance with a few clicks.

Other features include support for OSD functions making possible to monitor your system with GPU information displayed right on your screen while you're gaming. You can also take screenshots or record movies of your games with the press of a key to register your gaming moments, benchmark your games, apply post processing effects like SMAA, FXAA and SweetFX with full support for 64-bit games. All in one free tool!

Last update [13/Apr/2013]

Download RadeonPro latest version here

User's Manual: http://www.radeonpro.info/Manual

As the title implies, this tool is still in BETA and may have some bugs, please use it at your own risk.

All reported bugs wil be verified and fixed as soon as possible.

Updates:

To see the changelog, please click here

Movies captured with RadeonPro

http://www.radeonpro.info/movies/ (Watch in HD)

Bold text on changelog indicates new or changed/improved features.

Enjoy and as usual, please, report bugs here.

Updates (last update: 30/Mar/2013)
    -------
    03/30/2013 - New build 1.1.1.0

- New: Added support for 64-bit applications
    - New: Improved hardware detection
    - New: Improved Windows 8 compatibility
    - New: Movie capture feature with real-time Motion JPEG compression (DirectX 9/10/10.1/11) and OpenDML (AVI 2.0) support
    - New: FXAA support (DirectX 9/10/10.1/11 and OpenGL)
    - New: FXAA can be activated/deactivated during the game (configure the hotkey on RadeonPro's Settings screen)
    - New: SMAA support (DirectX 9/10/10.1/11)
    - New: SMAA can be activated/deactivated during the game (configure the hotkey on RadeonPro's Settings screen)
    - New: Dynamic Vsync Control (DVC) support. This feature controls how vertical synchronization is applied at rendering time, automatically turning it off when frame rate is below monitor's refresh rate to reduce stuttering and turning it on when framerate is above or equal to monitor's refresh rate, improving smoothness.
    - New: DVC can be activated/deactivated during the game with SHIFT+HOME key
    - New: Dynamic Framerate Control (DFC) support. This feature acts like a frame rate limiter with smoothness control, just set a frame rate target and RadeonPro will try to keep it as close as possible while maintaining frame rendering times close to each other to avoid stuttering.
    - New: DFC can be activated/deactivated during the game with SHIFT+END key
    - New: DFC feature's frame rate target is adjustable in real time, press SHIFT+INSERT to increase the limit and SHIFT+DELETE to decrease it
    - New: Lock frame rate up to monitor's refresh rate. This feature limits internal frame rendering times accordingly to refresh rate (i.e. 60 Hz = 16.67 ms) instead of waiting vertical retrace.
    - New: On-Screen Display panel, showing current status of some RadeonPro features on top of game screen. Press PAGEDOWN key to toggle between full panel/reduced panel/hidden.
    - New: OSD panel can be made visible since game start either globally or at profile level, just configure it on OSD tab
    - New: OSD panel versions can be disabled either globally or at profile level, just configure it on OSD tab
    - New: Real time GPU monitoring with On-Screen Display support. GPU monitoring displays your video cards temperatures, utilization, FAN speed and VRAM utilization
    - New: Current date/time/FPS and actual playing time can be displayed at OSD
    - New: Ambient Occlusion support (DirectX 9/10/10.1/11). Please bear in mind that not all games can be forced to use Ambient Occlusion. RadeonPro currently supports Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion (HBAO) and Volumetric Ambient Occlusion, different algorithms might be added in future. A list of supported games can be seen at end of changelog (see complete listing at Program Settings/Ambient Occlusion), the list will be updated based on author's tests and also based on feedback from users that have access to Ambient Occlusion debugging tool (TBD).
    - New: Better keyboard handling (i.e. fixes some games that don't allow OSD control or change of FPS corner)
    - New: Improved hook handling with better Steam overlay compatibility
    - New: OverDrive controls allow basic overclocking, manual cooler fan speed and PowerTune adjustments (available only at profile level)
    - New: Added option to display new CrossfireX logo on OSD when a CrossfireX capable system is detected
    - New: Added proper support for Direct3D9Ex games (i.e. Blades of Time, Fallout New Vegas, World of Tanks etc.)
    - New: Improved OpenGL support and bug fixes
    - New: Built-in SweetFX integration, allowing global and per game SweetFX effect shaders configuration. SweetFX can be used on any DirectX 9/10/10.1/11 games running on 32-bit or 64-bit. Configure SweetFX at RadeonPro settings and remove all 3rd party injector's DLLs from game directories if you want to use RadeonPro's SweetFX integration. Obs: SweetFX shaders are disabled on Battle.net games and Planetside 2. Also, one additional module (PPContainer.dll for 32-bit/PPContainer64.dll for 64-bit) is used when SweetFX shaders are loaded in memory, making easier to detect when a game is employing custom shaders to modify games' appearance through RadeonPro
    - New: Improved compatibility with Uplay and Origin overlay modules
    - New: The program now warns the user when RadeonPro process is executing with elevated privileges on an UAC enabled system. Running RadeonPro with elevated privileges might break application detection, it's recommended executing RadeonPro with normal privileges (either non-admin or admin account, but not with elevated rights - i.e. don't use Run as Administrator)
    - Fixed: Incorrect FPS meter when AMD Eyefinity is in use
    - Fixed: DVC/DFC now works with AMD Eyefinity
    - Fixed: Some games that used to hang at startup when API monitoring was active are now playable (i.e. STALKER Call of Pripyat)
    - Fixed: Screenshots now works in DirectX 10/11 with R10G10B10A2/B8G8R8A8 formats used by some games (Dirt 3/Showdown, F3AR)
    - Changed: German translation update (thanks to Lennart Brüggemann)
    - Changed: improved OSD rendering performance on DirectX 10/11 games
    - Removed: SVG file creation at benchmark finish
    - Removed: CrossfireX bar; to monitor GPU utilization, use OSD options instead
    - Removed: alternate AMD Radeon logo
    - Removed: skins (all). They will be replaced by new Web skins feature. Anyone with HTML and Javascript skills will be able to create skins for RadeonPro.
    - Removed: Aggressive API detection (useless with new hook handler)
    - Known issues:
    -- Vsync is a bit broken in DirectX 9 for 64-bit apps
    -- DFC/DVC may not work as expected in OpenGL apps
    -- Movie's audio may go out of sync when target framerate is too high compared to sustained framerate
    - Ambient Occlusion support list (DirectX 9 only when API omitted)
    -- 2K Sports NBA 2K11
    -- 2K Sports NBA 2K13
    -- Alan Wake
    -- Aliens vs Predator (DX9/DX11)
    -- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
    -- Batman Arkham Asylum
    -- Batman Arkham City (DX9/DX11)
    -- Bioshock (DX9/DX10)
    -- Bioshock 2 (DX9/DX10)
    -- Blades of Time
    -- BLUR
    -- Brothers in Arms - Highway to Hell (have issues with out of position shadows during cut scenes when non 16:9 resolution is used)
    -- Bulletstorm
    -- James Bond 007 - Blood Stone
    -- Call of Duty 2
    -- Call of Duty: BlackOps
    -- Colin McRae DiRT
    -- Darksiders
    -- Darksiders II
    -- Dead Space
    -- Dead Space 2
    -- Devil May Cry 4
    -- Diablo III
    -- DiRT 2 (DX9/DX11 - only works with AA 0x)
    -- Dishonored
    -- F.3.A.R. (DX11)
    -- F.E.A.R.
    -- Formula One 2012 (DX11)
    -- FIFA 2012
    -- FIFA 2013
    -- Grand Theft Auto IV
    -- Hard Reset
    -- Ice Age 4
    -- Mass Effect 3
    -- Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
    -- Of Orcs and Men
    -- Orcs Must Die!
    -- Orcs Must Die! 2
    -- Racedriver GRID
    -- rFactor
    -- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
    -- Sonic Adventure 2
    -- Sonic Generations
    -- Street Fighter IV
    -- Street Fighter X Tekken
    -- The Amazing Spider-Man
    -- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    -- Tomb Raider Anniversary
    -- Tomb Raider Underworld
    -- Torchlight II
    -- Trine

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  3. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

japamd, dynamic vsync works very well, tried with bf3, fifa13 and wrc3 (fifa13 and wrc3 removes stuttering).

really great, amd must learn from your FREE work...

4. zizomania

zizomania Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    hello all,

I have HD 7750 and i want play BF3 with best quality and performance allowed.

Will this program help me or not ?

I never used this program before , so what should i do ..??

I found the previous topic have around 300 pages , so i want to start here ..

any advice ?

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    it certainly will.

6. Sasquatch_04

Sasquatch_04 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro
    oh i just read this over and realised there is a debugging tool for AO. is this something that's being planned for release?

oh and sorry if i'm being such a pest about it....

Keep up the great work!

7. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    he has said it will be released when completed to approved testers (ie active, helpful members)...

8. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Thanks |ALE|

I've posted in the previous thread, but I know it just ended lost... as I said, the debug tool was aborted due to some technical limitations, mainly because the debug tool is tightly tied to my debug build of AppProfiles.dll. The debug tool also doesn't help much because most of bit flags used by RP to define how to acquire and deal with depth buffer require a restart of the game.

I will instead put some explanations of each bit flag on the Community Q&A site so users can try out their luck and share the settings there :)

9. FRN2003ita

FRN2003ita Guest

GPU:
    ati 7970
    Hello I wanted to let you know that fifa13 still does not work with radeon pro, has several times the RTD (return to desktop) and you can tell because it does not "hold" function "alt tab".
    Another problem I have is that to play BF3 I overclock with msi afterburner, but then when I finish I turn off msi radeon pro profile games with me are always overclock until a reboot or power off the PC. thanks

10. Sasquatch_04

Sasquatch_04 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro
    Oh thanks for the reply guys!

i've just signed up on RP community site, You can count me in.

Man, AMD really needs to send some love your way man. I can't help but think of the Official GeForce Optimize website and the kind of Graphics & Performance comparisons specific to NV cards; AMD really needs something like this for their users. I almost never visit AMD's site. Even advanced tweaks using NV Inspector which is just awesome.

I know it's something you wanted to do on the RP site with specific game settings...but i know how time consuming it is...

i just added the AO profile for Counter Strike:GO , great!

These should work TF2 too? am i right? anyway gonna test it myself.

11. Sasquatch_04

Sasquatch_04 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro
    Did you turn off Origin overlay? worked for me. Using sweetfx and HBAO with it atm...

12. FRN2003ita

FRN2003ita Guest

GPU:
    ati 7970
    could you explain better? I too think that the origin is at fault but I do not understand how I should turn it off and then run fifa13 .......

13. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Welcome at Q&A site :)

I don't have TF2 installed right now but those bit flags seemed to work on Source engine games, please try it and let us know :)

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/27996-steam-in-game-overlay-battlefield-3/

That's for BF3 but it's the same for every Origin game.

14. zizomania

zizomania Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    how?

i want more detailed explanations please

this topic must be full of photos that show us step by step how
    to deal with this program

15. FRN2003ita

FRN2003ita Guest

GPU:
    ati 7970

16. lerk22

lerk22 Guest

GPU:
    amd
    I'll ask again coz nobody helped me in old thread. I am owner of hd7870xt Tahiti with standard clock 925mhz, and "boost" 975mhz. When i overclocking my card, i need push Power Limit slider in CCC Overdrive to +20%, otherwise my card downlock automaticcaly to 925mhz. But when im using overdrive profile from RadeonPro (dont touching CCC overdrive), i can move Power Limit lower -10% or -20% (to 80% TDP) and my card still run at boost clock (no difference where is Power Limit slider). It is safe for my card ? Does Radeon Pro "forcing" boost clock even if card is underpowered by TDP ? Why i need set 120% power limit when overclocking via CCC or MSI Afterburner, but if overclocking with Radeon Pro, its no difference for clock ? Please reply, and thank you for this great tool. I hope you understand my question (poor english).

EXAMPLE : Overclocking my card with MSI Afterburner/CCC Overdrive. Clocks 1100mhz Power Limit 100% - card downclock to 925mhz because, he eats more power. Move slider to 120%, now my card is stable and no downclock, staying in 1100mhz all the time.

EXAMPLE 2 : Overclocking with Radeon Pro. Move slider to left. Now Power Limit its just 80%(!) and i set clocks to 1100mhz. But now my card running at oc clocks 1100mhz when gaming, do not downclockning anymore. How its possible, if i lowered power limit via your tool ? Please explain me, why RadeonPro force boost clocks, and dont care for Power Limit setting, if oc vial other tools i need push limit to 120%, to stop downclocking from boost ?

17. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    If you need Origin's overlay to chat then you should keep it and stop using RP.

Did you tried MSI Afterburner frame limit option?

lerk22: I don't know. RP uses ADL and should work exactly as CCC does.

PS: did you checked the clocks in RP OSD or MSI AB overlay?

18. lerk22

lerk22 Guest

GPU:
    amd
    japamd
    Look at screenshots.
    Oc via MSI Afterburner, PowerLimit 105% clocks 1175/1600 not stable (jumping). Look at gpu usage and clocks. Stop jumping if i set 115-120%. The same "issue" if i use official CCC overdrive, no difference.
    [​IMG]

Now oc via your tool, Radeon Pro. TDP set to 80% (sic!) and fully stable 1175/1600. No more clock drop. @
    [​IMG]

I like this but, does it not burn my VRM's ?

@edit, now correct screenshots with the same clocks

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  19. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Maybe power limit is not working as expected in RP and setting it as 20% instead of -20%? Did you tried without touching Powertune setting?

20. lerk22

lerk22 Guest

GPU:
    amd
    Yes, tried several times. I did this right now, and still working on boost clocks. Looks like, id does not making difference.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.