Nvidia GeForce 310.70 Download & Discussion - WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by AndyB, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    Are BF3 issues gone with these or?

Because with BETA's 310.70 my BF3 still crashed, on 306.97 runs like a charm though, asking cuz I play Far Cry 3 as well...

2. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    I installed the 310.70s last night and played BF3 without crashing with OC on my 680.

3. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    OK I use triple monitor nvidia surround system, right now I am on windows 8 and here are what I found :

1- Welcome screen is semi transparent and can see the password field behind it. (Found this in all Windows 8 drivers)

2-Can't maximize a window on one monitor, it is spread on all of them. (Found this in all Windows 8 drivers)

3- Task bar is spread on all 3 monitors. (Found this in all Windows 8 drivers)

4- Some minor game crashes ( Just had a crash on Civilization 5, never had one on windows 7 and same drivers)

5-Major BF3 System lockup and sometimes crashes (Never had one on windows 7 ) and (Found this in all Windows 8 drivers)

6- Some times after playing a game on one monitor and closing the game to windows, the side monitor seems not to turn on and the system works like if it only has one monitor though in nvidia panel the Span display with surround is checked.

So far I hate my experience with windows 8 due to all these drivers issue....or maybe it is just windows 8 that is crappy... I dunno.

4. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    yep...

5. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    You can disable the taskbar from showing up on the other monitors. I think it's on the windows advanced monitor options? I can't exactly remember but I disabled the taskbar on my second screen last week.

6. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Are you sure about that, I can't find that option!

7. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    Yes! Right clink on the taskbar select properties and uncheck show taskbar on all displays. :nerd:

Regarding Win8 and your problems, you will need to redo your overclock on your CPU and your GPUs if you have not done so.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  8. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Regarding overclocking, I have redone overclocking on my CPU a couple of weeks ago and my system was fully stable under windows 7 running LinX for 30 passes with no issue.

My GPU is default overclocked and they are all under water.

Regarding the taskbar.....are you sure this option is available in nvidia surround triple monitor ???

9. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    I would think it would be available for 3 screens if I have the option running 2 screens.

It might not be stable under 8, you ran LinX on 7?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  10. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    The option of the taskbar is not available when you enable nvidia surround.

And yes I ran LinX on both windows 7 and windows 8.

P.S. I have been overclocking since the day of Pentium 2 233MHz so I know a thing or 2 about overclocking ;)

11. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    Ok! I never said you did not know how to OC, yet you can't disable the taskbar from showing on your other two monitors. lol!

Hope you get windows 8 sorted out, runs stable for me after I clocked my CPU again :infinity:

I used my OC profile I used with windows 7, ran intel burn test on max with windows 8 and I could pass no lock ups. I go to run BF3 with default GPU clocks and it keeps crashing. Did repairs on BF3, installed it again, installed non beta drivers and still crashed. I clocked my CPU again even using lower voltages and BF3 worked. Just my experience.

12. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    Is it normal for cards to be running a bit hotter since the latest update? I'm noticing 1-4~ of an increase doing random things.

13. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    These drivers are a complete bull for me, I installed them went to play some BF3 and instantly noticed I am in a range from 50-80 max FPS with these, while on 306.97 I was constantly over 80-130ish...

Reverted back went back into the game, same map, same server FPS is back up...

I dont know what the hell are they doing with drivers these days, but it only seems like two or three builds in a row are a complete disaster(remember PhysX not letting Metro2033 run), and then all of the sudden a build like 306.97 appears that just kicks ass.

14. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    BF3 no longer hardlock/crash on my PC. All recent BETA drivers causes problem except the last WHQL 306.97. Tried overclocking my GTX560Ti, stable and no crashes. Other games like GW2, Dota2, Starcraft2 has no problems as well.

15. BillieGDJoe

BillieGDJoe Guest

GPU:
    MSI 560 TI GTX HAWK

Same behavior here as well. Hope it´s permanently fixed!

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah.. I think i'll go back to older 306.97 as well.

And I find this very weird, especially because they dropped support for older cards and now it should actually run better not with lower fps.

Nvidia needs to do some more homework.:infinity:

17. Terbinator

Terbinator Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Titan
    Texture corruption.

I'm getting some weird texture corruption in Hitman with these (only played Hitman on 310.70) as well as another game that escapes me now, League of Legends perhaps, whcih definitely ddin't have texture issues with earlier drivers.

CPU and GPU at stock.
    If the images are too big i'll re-host:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    Plz excuse if already ask, but is anyone having clock issues? I have these installed on two computers and both are running gpu 3d clocks when they should be in 2d idle mode.

edit. duh - I had the global power management set at max performance.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  19. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    @Terbinator, I played through that scene 2 days ago, worked without a hitch.

You might need to check your card, it could be dying.

20. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I'm tired of this PhysX runtime bull ****. Installing the legacy runtime works for some games but not for Dragon Age: Origins for example.