Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Games, Gaming & Game-demos
Games, Gaming & Game-demos You can talk about the latest games here and more ..

Closed Thread

Old
  (#2426)
jujuom26
Member Guru

Videocard: SLI GTX 670 GIGABYTE O/C
Processor: i5 2500K 3,3GhZ
Mainboard: P8P67 Pro
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: OCZ 700W
Default 12-18-2012, 23:31 | posts: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maken View Post
@The Postman , saludos como esta todo? tus imagenes me traen recuerdos de viejos tiempos con el Stalker. Sigue asi un gran saludo.
Greetings, how you been? it makes remember old good times with Stalker.

Dead Space 2

Click to show spoiler
How did you do to achieve this ? this is beautiful
downsampling + sweetfx ?
Can you share your settings please ?

Old
  (#2427)
kaicooper
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 780 SC ACX
Processor: i7 950 Oc 4.0ghz
Mainboard: ASUS sabrtooth x58
Memory: Mushkin 16 GB
Soundcard:
PSU: CM 750 wat
Default 12-18-2012, 23:43 | posts: 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujuom26 View Post
How did you do to achieve this ? this is beautiful
downsampling + sweetfx ?
Can you share your settings please ?
me too wanna know if its sweetfx with downsamplig or what els
and yea hell yea great preset..need it

Old
  (#2428)
jim2point0
Maha Guru

Videocard: 2x-SLI Gigabyte G1 980 Ti
Processor: i7-3770K @ 4.5 GHz
Mainboard: Asus Maximus V Extreme
Memory: 16GB DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
Soundcard:
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w P2
Default 12-18-2012, 23:48 | posts: 1,322

Why are you suspecting downsampling when all I see in those images is horrendous aliasing. Gyah!

It's also very bright for Dead Space 2. But I guess some people don't like its atmosphere

Last edited by jim2point0; 12-18-2012 at 23:52.

Old
  (#2429)
Maken
Master Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 6GB
Processor: i7 4770K
Mainboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
Memory: 16GB G.Skill TridentX
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Z
PSU: Corsair 750w
Default 12-19-2012, 00:46 | posts: 261 | Location: Venezuela

@jujuom26 , kaicooper
Greetings, because my limited hardware specs i did that using simple downsampling + sweetfx + simple smaa settings from sweetfx thats all and thank you, once i finish it i will share.

@jim2point0
Hello, well im not like you who is always in pain because aliasing, i cant use much AA because my PC specs if you read well, even if i were with good PC or not, everybody here do presets to their tastes or limited skills or limited hardware right? i would like to do more but.. i do all i can with what i got as simple as its. If the preset is brighter or not ok thats your point, not your taste and its ok but it looks like i want and thats all.

Old
  (#2430)
jim2point0
Maha Guru

Soundcard:
Default 12-19-2012, 01:11 | posts: 1,322

Well I don't know why YOU'RE being all defensive ;P It was their vision I was calling into judgement, not your hardware

In this game, it doesn't matter what hardware you have. SMAA doesn't affect aliasing much at all and you can't force AA properly without introducing a lot of problems (shadows, white outlines, etc).

I enjoyed that game more using the FXAA injector, which actually removed all of the aliasing problems I had without forcing anything crazy and without using crazy downsampling. When SweetFX has an FXAA alternative, I plan to give this game another run through. I could never strike a balance between AA and sweetFX, sadly. I would have loved to use the FXAA injector + SweetFX's shaders though.

Old
  (#2431)
kaicooper
Master Guru

Soundcard:
Default 12-19-2012, 02:10 | posts: 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2point0 View Post
Well I don't know why YOU'RE being all defensive ;P It was their vision I was calling into judgement, not your hardware

In this game, it doesn't matter what hardware you have. SMAA doesn't affect aliasing much at all and you can't force AA properly without introducing a lot of problems (shadows, white outlines, etc).

I enjoyed that game more using the FXAA injector, which actually removed all of the aliasing problems I had without forcing anything crazy and without using crazy downsampling. When SweetFX has an FXAA alternative, I plan to give this game another run through. I could never strike a balance between AA and sweetFX, sadly. I would have loved to use the FXAA injector + SweetFX's shaders though.
for me with single GTX 580 ..i donn wanna kill it with many heavy stuff like
Downsampling and bla bla..i used SMAA Injector before with Dead Space 2
and there was huge deffrience between the original game AA was horrible
but with SMAA was soo much better..i remember that FXAA injector not working good with Dead Space..but SweetFX injector hell yea make it alot better AA and others

Last edited by kaicooper; 12-19-2012 at 04:48.

Old
  (#2432)
Wanny
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
Processor: i7 3770k 4.5GHz H100i
Mainboard: GA-Z77X-UD5H
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866mhz
Soundcard: Xonar DX w/ Z-5500
PSU: XFX PRO750W XXX
Default 12-19-2012, 02:16 | posts: 7,480 | Location: Canada, Quebec

SMAA works pretty well but it doesn't seem to catch every line angles? It's pretty weird...
It doesn't seem work that great on lines that are slighty not horizontal. It works wonder on vertical lines tho?
I don't know if you follow me but I noticed that. Maybe it doesn't have to do at all with angles.

I wonder if SMAA can be optimized further? If so, it will be probably the best form of AA in the future.

Old
  (#2433)
Maken
Master Guru

Default 12-19-2012, 02:29 | posts: 261 | Location: Venezuela

Quote:

YOU have a " particular " way to say the things sometimes that not sounds good XD. I said why i was talking about my hardware, i dont like sometimes much aliasing but i know that i cant kill myself trying to fix that because my hardware dont let me much, then for avoid problems i just try to get used to it, i was concentrated more on other things than the aliasing because i know what you said, i just enable smaa from sweetfx with default settings without kill myself and thats all. When i try to push more my Gpus with AA for X games then problems come, better leave it low to dont lost more performance than i already have. If someone later want to make it better, they are free to do that and peoples can take the preset as its and play or edit it.

Those screens was taken at 2160x1348 ( that is all i can push with my gpu ) + in game AA disable + sweetfxs smaa.

Sorry to everyone for my bad english, not my language i can read well but at the time of writing hmmmm =/ problems.

Old
  (#2434)
jim2point0
Maha Guru

Soundcard:
Default 12-19-2012, 05:09 | posts: 1,322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanny View Post
SMAA works pretty well but it doesn't seem to catch every line angles? It's pretty weird...
It doesn't seem work that great on lines that are slighty not horizontal. It works wonder on vertical lines tho?
I don't know if you follow me but I noticed that. Maybe it doesn't have to do at all with angles.

I wonder if SMAA can be optimized further? If so, it will be probably the best form of AA in the future.
I can't see it ever being the best form of AA when we're limited to injecting 1x SMAA. FXAA can catch more because it's more aggressive with its blurring... but that right there is its downside. It can hide a ton of aliasing if you let it... but it blurs so much. Dead Space 2 is really the only game I ever considered using it in.

Wasn't able to get AA this good without FXAA.... and it's still not that great Probably due to sharpening so much to offset it.

A dx8 to DX9 longshot
Old
  (#2435)
vis

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default A dx8 to DX9 longshot - 12-19-2012, 07:12 | posts: 24

So this is a looongshot, but I'm curious. Has anyone had any luck getting the dx8-dx9 stuff working? I ask because with the re-launch of Asheron's Call 2, I've been trying to get it working and had no real luck. It's a dx8.1 game and I've tried just about everything I can think of, but, the game crashes when it tries to launch. I'm wondering if there are any standard tricks, etc, I need to look at to get it functioning.

Old
  (#2436)
Marcel
Maha Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
Processor: i7 4770 (3,9 GHz)
Mainboard: MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING
Memory: DDR3/16GB/2133/
Soundcard:
PSU: Enermax Platimax 750 W
Default 12-19-2012, 08:41 | posts: 1,114 | Location: Slovakia

Quote:

SMAA is good for games with simple objects but In games where is a lot of vegetation or transparent textures is useless. FXAA is better choice

Old
  (#2437)
Gembel
Master Guru

Videocard: Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
Processor: i5 2500K
Mainboard: MSI Z77MA-G45
Memory: 16GB CORSAIR Vengeance
Soundcard: Realtek - Edifier S330D
PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX
Default 12-19-2012, 09:45 | posts: 780 | Location: Indonesia

Quote:

I guess that was caused by specular...Almost every object in the game get specular.

Old
  (#2438)
Solem

Videocard: 670 GTX
Processor: I7 920
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair 750
Default 12-19-2012, 17:08 | posts: 1

Hi, For a game as brutal Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, would you have a brutal sweetfx settings to offer? A modification of the engine or nvidia inspector to share thank you in advance.

Old
  (#2439)
CeeJay.dk
Master Guru

Videocard: Radeon 6870
Processor: Intel Q6600
Mainboard:
Memory: DDR2 4GB
Soundcard: Realtek HD onboard
PSU: Corsair 450VX
Default 12-19-2012, 18:04 | posts: 686 | Location: Denmark

Quote:
When SweetFX has an FXAA alternative, I plan to give this game another run through. I could never strike a balance between AA and sweetFX, sadly. I would have loved to use the FXAA injector + SweetFX's shaders though.
Have a go at it then.

I just uploaded an alpha preview edition of SweetFX 2.0.

Merry Christmas.

New (incomplete) features:
  • FXAA - only works in DX9 so far and I need to tweak it for quality. You guys can help here by finding good default values for it.
  • An incomplete cartoon shader
  • Border shader for making the screenedges black
  • The dither shader now does subpixel dithering, which makes it look slightly smoother

There are more features planned for the final 2.0 version.

Note that to use FXAA you need to use the FXAA injector dlls - which now come with SweetFX - in fact in this preview edition they are the default.
You can find the other dlls in the SweetFX\dlls\ folder.

Use the SMAA dlls for SMAA support.
Use the FXAA dlls for FXAA support and for when you don't want to apply AA with SweetFX at all. The FXAA dlls does less work so when you don't need AA, using them will give better performance.

This does not mean that FXAA runs faster - I still find that SMAA runs faster for most of my games (but not for all).
It simply means that if you'd rather run without AA or you're using some other kind of AA like MSAA, SSAA, OGSSAA, SGSSAA, etc then using the FXAA dlls and turning SMAA and FXAA off in the SweetFX setting will give better performance than using the SMAA dlls with SMAA and FXAA off in the SweetFX settings.

Last edited by CeeJay.dk; 12-19-2012 at 19:01.

Old
  (#2440)
jim2point0
Maha Guru

Soundcard:
Default 12-19-2012, 18:12 | posts: 1,322

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeJay.dk View Post
Have a go at it then.

I just uploaded an alpha preview edition of SweetFX 2.0.

Merry Christmas.
oooo. Exciting!

Is there any downside to using dithering? I try to enable it for all games but sometimes I forget. Just wondering if it should be on by default. So many games have banding issues. Not sure if dithering fixes them but it makes me feel better to enable it.

Also, where's the download link? xD

Last edited by jim2point0; 12-19-2012 at 18:20.

Old
  (#2441)
kaicooper
Master Guru

Soundcard:
Default 12-19-2012, 18:35 | posts: 428

is there anyway to use sweetfx for Silent Hill 2,3 ?
cus they r dx8 i think

Old
  (#2442)
evohan
Master Guru

Videocard: Asus DCU2 GTX670 4GB SLI
Processor: i7 4770k
Mainboard: MSI G45 Gaming
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair AX 760i
Default 12-19-2012, 19:12 | posts: 178

any sweetfx settings working with dx11 Far Cry 3 ?

Old
  (#2443)
mypc
Master Guru

Videocard: Asus GTS 250
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo
Mainboard: Asus P5G41t-MLX
Memory: 4GB DDR3
Soundcard:
PSU: 500 watt
Default 12-19-2012, 19:38 | posts: 198

@ceejay.dk can you make a day night settings for sweetfx i mean in game can we switch b/w preset with a key that would be really helpful in games like assassins creed 3 and farcry 3 and gta OR any game which have day and night system.And when is the final version 2.0 is going to arrive any ETA?

Old
  (#2444)
CeeJay.dk
Master Guru

Mainboard:
Default 12-19-2012, 19:39 | posts: 686 | Location: Denmark

Quote:
oooo. Exciting!

Is there any downside to using dithering? I try to enable it for all games but sometimes I forget. Just wondering if it should be on by default. So many games have banding issues. Not sure if dithering fixes them but it makes me feel better to enable it.

Also, where's the download link? xD
There is no real quality downside when using dithering - the pattern it creates is so subtle you'd have to look at the individual pixel using a magnifying glass to see it.
You could also take a screenshot and resize (not resample) the image using irfanview to 800% the original size.

The downside is that the pattern does make the image harder to compress though so the filesize of screenshots will be bigger.
It's also a few extra instructions so the game will run just a tiny bit slower.

It can only dither from a greater input color depth to a smaller so it only really works on the output of the other shaders and not the original image.

The original image is 8-bit per channel, and I need to output it to 8-bit per channel too, but all the calculations done by the shaders are done in 32bit per channel so it works well when I dither from 32bit to 8-bit.

To make it deband the original image I would have to blur/smoothen areas that have a low contrast and then dither it afterwards.

I've done some test using LumaSharpen and a sharp_strength of -1.0 to see if a small fast blur followed by dithering would be enough, and while it helps a tiny bit, it's not good enough.
I will need to create a shader with a good detection algorithm for these cases and a much stronger and wider blur for it to be really effective.
That will be after 2.0.

I might be able to make it dither to less than 8-bit though fairly easy. The code for this is already in the shader but the option is not exposed in the settings.
This would be helpful for people with a crappy 6-bit per channel monitor- which I could then dither to a simulate a less crappy 7-bit per channel monitor. I need to see if I can find a crappy monitor to test on.

EDIT:
Oh and the download link is now in the previous post and it's on dropcanvas together with SweetFX 1.3

Old
  (#2445)
CeeJay.dk
Master Guru

Mainboard:
Default 12-19-2012, 19:54 | posts: 686 | Location: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypc View Post
@ceejay.dk can you make a day night settings for sweetfx i mean in game can we switch b/w preset with a key that would be really helpful in games like assassins creed 3 and farcry 3 and gta OR any game which have day and night system.And when is the final version 2.0 is going to arrive any ETA?
No ETA for 2.0 - Most likely next year, because I'm busy with the Yule ("Jul" here in Denmark)

I was working on a way to change presets while running for an earlier version but I've kept pushing that feature .. sorry.
But who knows .. some other programmer might beat me to it.

To change presets you to change the contents of SweetFX_preset.txt to point to another preset.
To trigger it you need a hotkey program - I was using Hoekey when I last worked on it.

I had this working.
But you also need to have it change the contents of SweetFX_preset.txt without stealing focus from the game and the script I had written would unfortunately do that and pull you from the game to the desktop, which was super annoying.
And you would also need to have it consistently trigger in the right path so it would change the right SweetFX_preset.txt for the game you were running at the moment and not in a predefined folder because changing the hotkey commands for every game would be a lot of dull and pointless work.

Old
  (#2446)
Gembel
Master Guru

Videocard: Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
Processor: i5 2500K
Mainboard: MSI Z77MA-G45
Memory: 16GB CORSAIR Vengeance
Soundcard: Realtek - Edifier S330D
PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX
Default 12-19-2012, 20:37 | posts: 780 | Location: Indonesia

Nice 2.0
Thanks a lot CJ 5 days to Christmas and we've got the present already

Old
  (#2447)
QuadReaktor
Master Guru

Videocard: Gainward GTX680 2GB
Processor: i5 3570K
Mainboard: ASUS Sabertooth z77
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Soundcard: ASUS SupremeFX X-Fi
PSU: Corsair HX1000W
Default 12-19-2012, 20:48 | posts: 161 | Location: Germany

SuperDuper CeeJay.dk !! THX.

Are there any Crysis Settings ?

Old
  (#2448)
CeeJay.dk
Master Guru

Mainboard:
Default 12-19-2012, 20:49 | posts: 686 | Location: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gembel View Post
Nice 2.0
Thanks a lot CJ 5 days to Christmas and we've got the present already
What are you getting me ?

BTW if anyone didn't secure a copy of Metro2033 for free when THQ had their promotional giveaway a couple of days ago, then I have one left to give.

L6JM4-IANM7-EYLYT

It should work on steam.
If someone takes this key - write it here in the thread or message me some other way as no one likes to check only to find out it was already taken.

Last edited by CeeJay.dk; 12-19-2012 at 21:17.

Old
  (#2449)
Marcel
Maha Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
Processor: i7 4770 (3,9 GHz)
Mainboard: MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING
Memory: DDR3/16GB/2133/
Soundcard:
PSU: Enermax Platimax 750 W
Default 12-19-2012, 21:28 | posts: 1,114 | Location: Slovakia

CeeJay

nice work. Thank you very much.

I try FXAA. I need to find a good setup but it works good.

#define FXAA_QUALITY__PRESET 9
#define fxaa_Subpix 0.850
#define fxaa_EdgeThreshold 0.010
#define fxaa_EdgeThresholdMin 0.010

1920x1080

2560x1440@1920x1080

1920x1080

2560x1440@1920x1080

Old
  (#2450)
Maken
Master Guru

Default 12-19-2012, 21:34 | posts: 261 | Location: Venezuela

Hi all

@CeeJay.dk
Thanks for the alpha preview edition of SweetFX 2.0.

Click to show spoiler

Closed Thread