Nvidia GeForce 310.70 Download & Discussion - WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by AndyB, Dec 4, 2012.

1. elpsychodiablo

elpsychodiablo Master Guru

GPU:
    Retina Z2 + Vlab Motion
    Not just Graphics looks better, even the Sound is more clear and it feels like i have a new GPU, my AMD 955 runs with this driver like i7@5Ghz it also reduce my network lag from 17ms to 8ms on league of legends.

My Power energy goes down, too. Befor i had about 300Watts on Load now its about 80Watts on Load. Even my TV Picture looks more bright and my washmaschine makes clothes smell better with this driver

2. morpheus9394

morpheus9394 Guest

GPU:
    2x 6950 1GB
    LOL

After I installed the new drivers, message popped up saying "Cure for cancer found, click here for more details" I guess these drivers are pretty good after all. ;-)

3. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    No need for /sarcasm to your fellow member.. If he sees a difference, great for him.

P.S: I can swear that with this drivers I can almost smell the games!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  4. aufkrawall

aufkrawall Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC 2-Way SLI
    Stupid myths have to die.
    It will keep future threads cleaner. ;)

Or maybe not, it's still the internet afterall.

5. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    I've not experienced any slowdowns in fc3 since updating to the whql drivers; just sayin.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    The Secret world has some weird slowdown moments in NEwYork city

Cpu limit isnt the cause, i see only 30-40% usage and fps drops to 25fps - gpu usage to 35% when i look in the distance, not funny..

[​IMG]

And the game load stutters really bad at certain times. Vram usage never exceeds 1100mb.

Ingame ultra, no AA, FXAA, windows 8.

7. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    I have never seen Crysis 64-bit run this smooth.

All of the weird lag seems to be gone.

Running Windows 8 Pro 64-bit.

8. well nice drivers xD tried them out today finally after i was way too lazy to switch drivers (had the 310.54 or something like that before). both are fine but these seem better xD

9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    There was one lock up in SWTOR, it looks like that game doesn't always like SLI and according to quick Googling lock ups aren't that uncommon. I need to monitor the situation with that game and disable SLI for it if it wasn't one off.

Though, it's possible that the new card sucks in OC and can't handle the +300MHz for memory. (After all, it was cheap Palit for 399€ inc. 23% VAT.)

10. steved72

steved72 Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 Gaming OC
    tried to install theses WHQL drivers over the 306.97 WHQL on win8 x64. Card is a EVGA GTX660TI SC. Seems like i am not the only one having issue with these cards and win8 with drivers. only drivers that will install is the 306.97 WHQL.

11. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    What error do you get?

12. steved72

steved72 Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 Gaming OC
    Blue screen with oops something went wrong. something about exception thread or irql less or equal too sometimes. never had a issue with win7

13. samappz

samappz Guest

GPU:
    Dual Nvidia 680M SLI
    Can someone check if they added sli profile for war-z yet?

14. dreamslides

dreamslides Guest

GPU:
    AMD/HD/6480G
    You're not wrong! I just got this error too with a EVGA Nvidia GTX 670 FTW LE card, as soon as install was complete Windows 8 went to oops and went on about IRQ less or equal too.

I'm not sure what to think, I checked my event log and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what caused it or even how to read the event viewer, it just makes no sense :( Event viewer sucks man

15. steved72

steved72 Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 Gaming OC
    Sucks big time, that i cannot get 1 driver to work since the previous whql. Maybe Nvidia should look at what has changed since the previous installer.

16. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    I doubt they care much about that game :D

17. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Got a program and game profiles update from Nvidia Update on 12/17. Release notes as usual say nothing, does anyone know what it was?

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I usually have to compare a profile saved in TXT format before and after to know what the changes are (I use GeForce SLI Tool to export and import SLI profiles in TXT format). I've repeatedly asked NVIDIA if they could at least provide a list of the changes made like AMD do for their CAPs but either they do not consider it important or they're happy to ignore the requests. I don't expect indepth info but something along the lines of this would be great:

Battlefield 3 - SLI profile updated
    Devil May Cry - SLI profile added

etc, etc.

At least then we'd know what games are affected. All they provide now is the same generic and ludicrously useless description for every profile update which you even have to click on Details for. Those are details?!? Hmmmm, not by my definition, they're not! :3eyes:

They already do this for the driver release notes so surely it can't be too difficult to do for the profile updates inbetween driver releases?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  19. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

Damn, where are improvements for NFS MW 2012. I have to force Vsync off to get playable FPS. This makes my gpu really hot ;/
    I wonder why I have never been able to use 60 Hz refresh rate. It's always "locked" at 59Hz. Why?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
  20. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    The 59Hz is a windows bug I think? Just do a custom res with ncp at 61Hz.