AMD Catalyst 12.10 WHQL_Modded for LEGACY GPUs - SUPER STABLE SUPER PERFORMANCE

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ankinferno, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Rubapowa

Rubapowa Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4870
    Hi guys im stuck adding the .inf , my card is a Radeon HD 4870 , using windows 7 x64.

Done: ** Disable Driver Signature Enforcement before installation:
    I typed this in cmd, and it said "operation complete" for both actions:
    bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

Done: ** Download all the parts, extract it to a single folder and install the driver.
    I downloaded 12.10 WHQL x64bit Modded Legacy_AnkX.

Changed the name of the 3 ati* folders in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore for 1-2-3 and move the the desktop the ati* files of the inf folder.

Done: ** Uninstall & remove all previously installed Driver.
    I uninstalled all AMD/CCC software first, then the AMD Driver from device manager; screen turned black so I did a reboot. Windows auto-installed "Standard VGA Driver" after the reboot.

Done: ** Do remember to uninstall the old Catalyst Control Center also. ( Delete the "ATI Technologies" folder from the Program Files/Program Files(x86) folder(s). )
    I checked in program files, program files x86, appdata, running processes and the "Remove Programs" list in Control Panel without finding any trace of AMD, ATI or CCC.

Done: Step 1.> Unrar the Driver files.

Done: Step 2.> Install the Driver through Device Manager (Do Not use the AMD Setup)

I got this message at the end of the installation:

http://i.imgur.com/ziDkX.jpg

Okey , lets try adding the inf manually :

http://i.imgur.com/C8uNN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/J0MiX.jpg

Even trying with the 3 inf files is the same error .

Anyone knows whats happening?

If anyone wanna give me a fast hand i can give my teamviewer id :)

Sorry about my grammar im spanish :bang:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  2. pawloskyy

pawloskyy Guest

GPU:
    Ati HD 3870x2
    you're images telling me that you want to update your monitor drivers not display adapter.

3. Rubapowa

Rubapowa Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4870
    Yeah right , my fault because i change the lenguage of windows and do it fast to take the screenshots but now now is this error :

http://i.imgur.com/J0MiX.jpg

4. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Using Windows 7 x64Bit ..????

5. Rubapowa

Rubapowa Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4870
    Right , using windows 7 Professional 64

6. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Then please Restart the system pressing F8 and chose to 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' and then try to install through Device Manager.

The above commands that you have executed through command prompt allows the system to run an already installed unsigned driver but does not allows the system to install a new unsigned driver.

So start the OS with the 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' mode and then try to install.

EDIT : And as for Win 7 use the "C7xxxxxx.inf" file.

Oh ya One more thing, Delete the 'atikmdag.sys' from c:\windows\system32\drivers if present.

7. Rubapowa

Rubapowa Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4870
    Same error , even booting with Disable Driver Signature Enforcement mode.

Dunno what im doing wrong :(

Thanks for the help everyone :D

Edit : Deleted the file , gonna restart .

Edit : Restarting with the mode , deleting the file , same error, as i can see in driver details the system keep using a lot of ati* files stored in system32 , drivers and syswow64.

Edit : Unistalled again the VGA now is only using the vgapnp.sys but same error .

Any clue?

8. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    so have you tried without afterburner? still dll_unloaded after the inf mod?

9. MichaelT

MichaelT Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 970m 3GB
    Fix for OpenGL card detection on my machine.

This may help with OpenGL card detection. Use at your own risk. It worked for me, and that is the ONLY reason I am posting it.
    Go to youtube and check this out. /watch?v=C6QPp3wM_QE

Please post your results as well :)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  10. pawloskyy

pawloskyy Guest

GPU:
    Ati HD 3870x2

yes still the same error or no errors at all. Some games don't start like (far cry 3) and some works as expected.

today i made fresh install of windows 7 and same errors with of without afterburner etc.

i think im gonna give up for now and stick with 12.6 :puke2:

maybe if newer moded catalyst will be available ill try again.

11. playdvij

playdvij Guest

GPU:
    4850@ 700/1200
    Thanks a lot of !!! This driver Is realy good present ! Its all works iven overclocking with Riva Tuner!:banana:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  12. wolfmenace

wolfmenace Guest

GPU:
    HIS 5970x2 2GB DDR5
    just to let you know that on my other machine with a PowerColor 4870x2 the setup failed to install the modified drivers.
    The setup didnt show the option to install the drivers.

oh well back to 12.6 :nerd:

13. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    doesnt look risky, looks like the 32bit ogl filename is just wrong & you can use explorer to do that without cmd

14. pawloskyy

pawloskyy Guest

GPU:
    Ati HD 3870x2
    Well finally i managed to get everything working ;]
    I replaced some of .dlls from 12.6 driver and now everything working fine no errors and crashes for now.

Maybe someone who got problem installing those drivers might replace those .dlls:
    - atikmdag.sys
    - atiumdag.dll
    - aticfx32.dll
    - atidxx32.dll
    - atioglxx.dll

15. imadeanamexD

imadeanamexD Guest

GPU:
    ati 3850
    When I try to install CCC, and get to the step where I have to install the ccc-core-static.msi. I get "the exception unknown software exception (0xc000000d) occurred in the application at location 0x1001a268" during the setup. CCC fails to launch afterwards. Anything I can do?

16. fidoulou

fidoulou Member

GPU:
    msi gtx970
    it's perfect for me thx you for that drivers my 4500 is running like a charm now ;) :banana:

17. JustWind

JustWind Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD4870x2
    can you try to mod 12.11 newest beta?? i cant get working 12.10 for my hd4870x2, maybe beta will work ;)

P.S. anyone know, there is the way to get 12.11 cap 1 working with catalyst 12.6? coz if i install this new cap, catalyst didnt show me any new profiles(like far cry 3)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  18. kmat

kmat Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2gb
    are these modded driver compatibile with an AGP Gygabyte HD4650 that i've to an old pc?

if yes, anyone with the same/similar card have issue?

thanks

19. cnckane

cnckane Guest

GPU:
    Mobility 4650
    Well tested again.
    With 12.6 I have dxva with both x86 and x64 MPC HomeCinema, with 12.10 modded only in x86 version (win 8).
    Overclock is the same after installing 12.10 rivatuner cant overclock the card even if I copy thoose 2 dlls.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  20. dinovom

dinovom Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 4650 (RV730 PRO)
    Well, I already posted before, but skipped that due to time available - installed old drivers. Now i am again on that pc and do a fresh install and would like to install this drivers.
    I have already renamed default ATI drivers, either OS is Win7x32 only, basic adapter installed, modded drivers ready and booted with signature force disabled. I even added the complete entry (sub) from my card to all 3 infs but it still doesn't install automatically by search from source. So my question is: on the "have disk" method - which inf do i have to install? Doesn't it mather or what's the difference?