AMD Catalyst 12.10 WHQL_Modded for LEGACY GPUs - SUPER STABLE SUPER PERFORMANCE

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ankinferno, Oct 31, 2012.

1. neojacks

neojacks Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB OC
    will this work for Radeon HD 2600 Pro ??? :/ on win 7 and win 8 ??

2. level143

level143 Member

GPU:
    ATi Mobility Radeon 4570
    You should be able to install them if your device ID is present in the .ini file. First remove all the previous drivers and uninstall any catalyst applications if any. Restart the system in Disable Enforced Driver Encryption Mode if you are using x64 Windows. Go to device manager and select your display adapter. Install by the "Have Disk" method. Point it to the drivers in the mod package. Remember that you need to overwrite the "Packages" folder from the mod with the one in the original AMD download before "Have Disk" (Refer to the first post) in case you haven't. Select the name of the card that matches and ignore any unsigned driver warning. It should install now. The catch is, the next time you restart, the driver would be disabled as it is unsigned. Hence you need to open CMD (Admin) and type the following commands to enable Windows to accept the unsigned drivers everytime it boots.

bcdedit -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

Close CMD. The drivers are ready.

My only problem is everything was going ok and I noticed an improvement in applications that depended on GPU Acceleration and OpenGL. But the modern UI apps which ****** (like Music, USA Today, TuneIn Radio etc), crash whenever I ****** something. I happened to look at the event log from which I learnt that the WWAHost.exe which hosts the modern UI JScript seems to have a problem with unsigned drivers that are not WHQL certified. Even the 12.6 legacy drivers, although they install without a problem, seem to have a problem with the Modern UI apps as these drivers are self signed by AMD (may be coz they thought why pay MS $500 to get legacy drivers WHQL certified...what a crap way to deal with customers!! :bang:). As of now, only WHQL certified drivers work. I am looking at a way to prevent Modern UI apps (esp. the WWAHost.exe) service to ignore the signature. Hope someone out there figures it out.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  3. cnckane

cnckane Guest

GPU:
    Mobility 4650
    Video accelaration (DXVA) doesn't work under Win 8 x64 with Mobility 4650.

4. level143

level143 Member

GPU:
    ATi Mobility Radeon 4570
    I don't think so. I am able to accelerate videos pretty well both using ffdshow DXVA and also using MPC-HC+madVR on Windows 8. It works fine in Windows 7 x64 as well to confirm.

5. polondo

polondo Guest

GPU:
    ati
    PLEASE HELP :(

driver works perfectly so far BUT i am missing some resolutions with this driver.

1366x768 for example is no more available?!?!

any idea??

system is win 7 64bit + ati hd 4890

thanks and regards
    p.

6. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M

Hello..

Well i did saw a lot of post complaining about missing resolutions. :3eyes:

Still trying to find a proper solution for this error , but for now you can try this to get the resolution you want..

Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZbkT_ZEKpw

:)

7. polondo

polondo Guest

GPU:
    ati
    thanks for the hint ;O)

8. level143

level143 Member

GPU:
    ATi Mobility Radeon 4570
    Hey ankinferno , any ideas on getting these modded drivers fake a WHQL signature? DSEO signing doesn't just seem to cut it. Heck, even AMD's self signed legacy drivers have a problem with the modern UI apps. :bang:

9. Ruslu

Ruslu Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760
    For some reason the drivers dont want to work for me. Every 3D application crashes or wont launch at all, though the drivers get recognised and are working on desktop.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  10. relaxy

relaxy Guest

GPU:
    xfx
    this driver is not modded for 6000 series gay .... lol

11. Ruslu

Ruslu Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760
    Im using Windows 8 Pro x64 and my card is HD 4870 X2. Also Ive tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers completely, but the outcome's still the same.

12. level143

level143 Member

GPU:
    ATi Mobility Radeon 4570
    Can you tell what procedure you followed for the whole process? You need to force the driver to install using "Have Disk".

13. Ruslu

Ruslu Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760
    I followed the instructions in the first post of this thread, did everything in order. Windows and CCC detect the driver, but applications do not.

14. MaxiM

MaxiM Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7870
    It's cool that you've put some effort into this driver, but installation was a horror because you didn't put the vital information about all the hoops we'll have to jump through in the description and every time I encountered yet another problem I had to browse through all the posts.

Unfortunately, for me the performance in BF3 dipped headfirst with this driver, so it was all in vain.

15. VALKOcolt

VALKOcolt Guest

GPU:
    ATI mobility radeon 4200
    Can i install this ?? (Ati mobility radeon hd 4200 series)

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    So are these much better then the 12.10 WHQL from ATI?

17. auri

auri Guest

GPU:
    ATI RADEON MOBILE 4650HD
    Is anybody else experiencing an issue with Metro Apps and video playback? It doesn't matter if it's the official 12.6 Legacy or modded drivers... None of them fix the video playback issue.

18. MichaelT

MichaelT Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 970m 3GB
    Yes. I have the same card although the hardware doesn't matter....... Microsoft has set the Metro Apps to check for a WHQL Signature, so even the AMD digital signature will not work. Either AMD has to get another driver WHQL certified for Legacy cards on Windows 8, or you have to use the reference driver that installs automatically with the OS. What I have done is installed the 12.6 Legacy Driver and manually rolled back the driver with the device manager. I now show the WDDM 1.1 driver but I can open CCC and configure the settings where I could not before installing the 12.6 Legacy driver. I will post some screenshots. The Metro Apps work with that driver.

19. MichaelT

MichaelT Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 970m 3GB
  20. level143

level143 Member

GPU:
    ATi Mobility Radeon 4570
    the only problem with the WDDM 1.1 driver is that OpenGL support is not good. Programs like CS6 which rely on OpenGL for hardware acceleration wont function to their max ability with their mercury graphics engine cant detect the card...