[Project] - IMPERATOR X - Rev. 1

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by pablamos, Sep 28, 2012.

1. pablamos

pablamos Guest

GPU:
    2x Gtx680 (SLI)
    Hello everybody, I am preparing a new project, and decided to post here at Guru3D ...
    I'm from Brazil, so forgive me if I write something wrong ...

THE HOME
    It started with the idea of mounting a water cooler system, then just had to switch case, because my old case had not space enough to accommodate radiators inside, so I started "looking" for an ideal case.

THE CASE

Well, here in Brazil we have few good options for cases involving a large project with system water cooler, here we have only two good cases that is the line Obsidians Corsair and Coolermaster Cosmos II.
    So it had to be one of these two, however I wanted to put two radiators, one 480mm in the roof and another 240 on the floor of the case, and soon discovered that would not do this with any of the above two cases, then had to leave looking for a case that does not have in my country, would have to import a totally different case.
    So it was that one day I was talking with a friend that helped me a lot with my project, he showed me a cabinet that would support my idea, so it was there that I met the case Azza Genesis 9000B, and fell in love, and had not in my country I had to give it my way, and I could import this case, it is much cheaper in the United States, however as most know, the taxes here my country is absurd, I imported it, I paid 165 USD on it, I had to pay 250 USD for shipping (FEDEX), and coming here the IRS taxed on the value of 170 USD, in conclusion, this case has a total of 585 USD, due to high taxes and cost of sending this case for my country, but even more worth it because everything here is expensive, a Cosmos II costs the value of 600 USD here, and Genesis 9000 leaving just a bit cheaper than COSMOS II and still offers a larger space for radiators, incorporating a 480mm radiator in the ceiling and another 240mm on the floor ...

THE MOTHERBOARD
    The motherboard also has a hardship to get as soon as launched the motherboard ASROCK EXTREME 11 I wanted it, and there might be another, I found a supplier of canada with just three weeks of release motherboard, and soon managed care her face went well, however I need it soon ...

Well, now that I spoke a little of the difficulties faced to start my project, here's the hardware that I use ...

HARDWARES

1) Case: Azza Genesis 9000B [OK]
    2) Motherboard: Asrock Extreme 11 [OK]
    3) CPU: i7 3930k Rev. C2 [OK]
    4) memoirs: Kit1 - 4x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133mhz
    5) VGA: 2x GTX 680 (SLI) [OK]
    6) SSD: 4x Corsair 120gb GT Séries p/ Raid0
    7) HD: Seagate 2TB Sata 3 (7200rpm) 64mb cache [OK]
    8) Energy: Corsair AX1200 [OK]

WATERCOOLER

1) Block CPU: Xspc Raystorm
    2) Block VGA's: 2x EK - FC680 GTX - Nickel CSQ
    3) Bomba: 2x Swiftech MCP655 Speed Controller
    4) Top: Bitspower BP-2D5TOPP-BK ( Dual D5 Pom Version)
    5) Radiator 1: Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Fullcooper 240mm
    6) Radiator 2: Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Fullcooper 480mm
    7) Reservoir: EK Multioption RES X2 - 250 Advanced
    8) Fittings: Monsoon, Bitspower, Enzootech. Xspc, Koolance (várias marcas)
    9) Tubes: Primoflex PRO LRT Blue or Xspc Rose Blue (1/2in. ID X 3/4in OD)
    10) Koolant: not defined, it depends on which hose is I choose

FANS

1) Radiator 480: 8x Cooler Master Xtraflow (82.9cfm - 2000rpm)
    2) Radiator 240: 4x Koolance HBK (106.7cfm - 2600rpm)
    3) Chassi: 3x Cooler Master R4 Sickerflow (69cfm - 2000rpm)

ACCESSORIES

1) Fans Controller: G-vans GV1FC-5
    2) Cables: Extensors Black and Blue
    3) Cables fan: 4x Y-cable Phobya 3pin molex to 4x 3pin molex 60cm
    4) Rubber: Wire Bundle 4x 3/4 in
    5) Led Sleeve: 2x Nzxt Sleeved Led Cable Kit 1 metro (blue)
    6) Led refletor: Premium led Spotlight (Blue)
    7) Led pingo: Koolance Ultra Brigth Led (Uv)
    8) Bare neon: 2x barra 8" blue
    9) Fan de Baia: Lian Li BZ-502B (black)

PERIPHERAL

1) Monitor: Benq XL2420T (1920x1080p, 120hz, 3D Vision, 2ms...) [OK]
    2) Mouse: Razer Mamba 4G 6400DPI (Dual Sensor) [OK]
    3) Keyboard1: A4Tech KD-600L (quebra-galho) [OK]
    4) Keyboard2: Mad Catz Striker 7
    5) Headset: Tritton Ax Pro 5.1 [OK]
    6) Mouse Pad: Zowie Spawn G-TF c/ apoio de pulso(Razer vespula) [OK]
    7) Controler: Razer Onza Tournalment Edition [OK]

Obs* The peripheral will post only after completing the final design
    not to leave out of context.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let the pictures...

THE TABLE
    The table was one of the first changes, so decided the case, I had to change the table to be able to use the R-ATX case that is much better, so here's a photo of the table as it was and as it is now, I particularly preferred as it was before, but it was for a greater cause, lol ...

BEFORE

[​IMG]

NOW
    [​IMG]

CASE

In the car yet, so I took
    [​IMG]

Gallery of photos taken at various places in the house...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Soon I will post the pictures disassembling the case to see if it really worth it...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  2. pablamos

pablamos Guest

GPU:
    2x Gtx680 (SLI)
    Today atarde desmonter decided to take the case fans and original ja measure its internal space to order the first shipment of parts from Performance-pcs, follows the photos plucking the big guy ...

Taking bolt to take the tray...

[​IMG]

Screws holding the bandeija (13 screws) and sides (4 screws)

[​IMG]

I pull the tray...

[​IMG]

Tray out of the case

[​IMG]

unscrewing the roof...

[​IMG]

Top panel removed, fans of 230 inhabit the ceiling, remove to accommodate future four 120mm fans ...

[​IMG]

Fans 230mm removed, will wait 120mm fans ...

[​IMG]

Removing bays and unscrewing the 1st floor ...

[​IMG]

Floor removed, anti-dust filter...

[​IMG]

taking the anti-dust filters...

[​IMG]

All parts removed..

[​IMG]

only the structure...

[​IMG]

Measuring case

[​IMG]

reassembled ...

[​IMG]

The case has met my expectations, it is a radiator in the ceiling of 480mm and 60mm thick, and the ground lies a radiator 240mm 100mm thick, success!

[​IMG]
    The box came destroyed because they opened it in federal revenue, so she had no more usefulness and eventually became my son's toy ... hehe

3. pablamos

pablamos Guest

GPU:
    2x Gtx680 (SLI)
    Hey, I'm here posting some more of the photos I have here the project I'm working until the end of the year I can leave it ready over the days I will posting the pictures of the modifications of the case ...

MOTHERBOARD

Asrock Extreme 11 x79

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PROCESSOR

i7 3930k

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

STORAGE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GRAPHIC CARDS

2x GTX 680 (SLI)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ENERGY

Corsair Ax 1200

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, for now these are only hardware I have in hand, this week I will post the pictures of the changes I'm working on the case ...

As my design is black with blue themes, I bought parts of Genesis 9000W (white) bought the top and front panel to use their blue leds and put in my case, also cut the side to make a pretty big window ...
    Hugs!

4. pablamos

pablamos Guest

GPU:
    2x Gtx680 (SLI)
    As my design is black with blue themes, I bought the front and top panels of the case genesis9000W (white) to take the blue leds and put in my project, following the pictures of the panels arrived and realized that customization ...

The Box
    [​IMG]

The painels
    [​IMG]

The customization of the panels

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Results

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Doing so gave a big job, more in the end I was satisfied with the outcome, the next step is to cut the side to make room for a glass window, probably tomorrow or the day after tomorrow I'll post the photos... :D

5. pablamos

pablamos Guest

GPU:
    2x Gtx680 (SLI)
    Today's left some free time, so now I will post photos of the work on the side, the result was very good at the end ... see the photos...

Before cutting, lateral goodbye .. lol

[​IMG]

Cutting the side, now no return ..

[​IMG]

Mission accomplished, lateral cut!

[​IMG]

Now making glass fixation, was used double-sided tape to attach the glass as showing in this photo ...

[​IMG]

Case already with the side with the glass and secured ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So far it's only now I'm waiting for the purchases of water cooler parts and other hardware come ... so is getting the pieces I post the pictures here ...

6. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    Nice looking window brother

that your dad helping you cut it out? cool guy worlds needs more hands on parents

7. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    Wait, two 680's from different companies, wont that mess up, I mean the clocks are different for each, right??

8. pablamos

pablamos Guest

GPU:
    2x Gtx680 (SLI)
    Thank you ...

The cut was made with the help of a friend who has a joinery wood furniture ...

Tomorrow I will post the pictures of the first shipment of parts arrived from performance-pcs.

This week I will do some mods with metal plates to give a better finish to the watercooler ..

Thank you for coming, it's great to see someone watching my project! :)

9. pablamos

pablamos Guest

GPU:
    2x Gtx680 (SLI)
    Yes, they are video cards from different manufacturers, and their clocks are different but already tested on another project that had used this way and it worked perfectly ...

Why do you ask that? ever seen a problem occurs with different video cards in SLI?

Note * forgive my English is a little newbie!

10. pablamos

pablamos Guest

GPU:
    2x Gtx680 (SLI)
    Now I will post the pictures of the first shipment of parts procurement system cooler water, purchase arrived yesterday, and has two more purchases coming to me, so get shopping I'll post photos of the other pieces, and mods I'll do at the office during the week!

Box

[​IMG]

My son sat in the box, stop everything will break .. LOL
    rsrs

[​IMG]

Flatbed, the order came well packaged and well protected

[​IMG]

In this purchase came the main parts of the water cooler, and also came a few pieces of mods (leds-iluninação) I asked to test ...

First I will show the main pieces, and then the pieces of mods ...

The pieces that came in this shipment:
    Came two radiators, dual top, tank, the cpu block, a fan test and two piece of hose to choose which shade of blue I'll use in my system ...

[​IMG]

Let's start with the cpu block

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The reservoir
    I think I was one of the last to get this model EK, EK saw that stopped production of this model, and this produces a different model of 250, do not know what changes are, the more hope it's good

[​IMG]

The dual top for two pumb D5

[​IMG]

The fan
    I bought this fan just for testing, but it does not like, it starts with 7 volts, is a very loud noise, I will not use this model in my system, I'm leaving for the Koolance fans HBK-cooler 240 which will be on the ground

[​IMG]

Radiators

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The radiator of 240 that will be on the floor I chose the model of UT60 Alphacool because it comes with that hole behind allowing you take a beautiful drainage system using some fittings and a drain-plug!

[​IMG]

H oses
    I asked two different piece of hose so I could see firsthand the quality and color of these two hoses of different brands, so I can choose what I will use in my project ...

The left is Primoflex LRT Blue - she is a little darker, however has a very elegant sheen.

The right is the brand XSPC Blue Rose, she has a lighter color compared with the other, however has a more matte appearance.

Conclusion: I liked the two hoses, I'm very undecided on which I will use in my system, more is almost decided that I will stay with XSPC because it has a better quality of material and color is lighter, better then contrasts with the case that is black

[​IMG]

And the other part of the purchase are parts to mod the case, are lights, rubber finishing

[​IMG]

This is it, this week I will do some mods on the case, so I have something interesting to post here.

11. sinnedone1

sinnedone1 Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD 6870 Crossfire
    Looks good. It looks like your going all out, cant wait to see the results.

12. pablamos

pablamos Guest

GPU:
    2x Gtx680 (SLI)
    Thanks, radiators and accessories will be all inside the case.

This week I will make some changes in case if it goes long post photos

13. pablamos

pablamos Guest

GPU:
    2x Gtx680 (SLI)
    Now is the second purchase of parts for the system water cooler, follows the fo tos below the parts that arrived

The Box

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All parts outside the box on the table

[​IMG]

Pumps
    2x Swiftech MCP655 Speed Control Edition

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FAN CONTROL
    1x Gvans 30watts per channel

[​IMG]

FANS
    I chose the Koolance HBK because of good performance and low noise
    Four of them will be used in 240mm radiator, and the other two are used on the chassis of the case

[​IMG]

FITTINGS

Compression Fittings

Mosoon kit (3x kits)
    I really liked the fittings of the monsoon, I thought with good quality and very beautiful

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Extensores

8x xspc and 2x enzotech
    The extensor xspc are nicer, they are more chrome, while enzotech has a slight yellowish tone

[​IMG]

Stop Plugs

12x Enzotech
    The plugs stop the enzotech are beautiful, identical to the bitspower, the difference is that they do not come anything drawn in its base

[​IMG]

Rotary Fittings

7x 45º Bitspower
    Needless to say nothing is great bitspower

[​IMG]

All fittings

[​IMG]

It is these pieces that came to me, now get over missing two purchases that are coming to start assembling the system... :D

14. pablamos

pablamos Guest

GPU:
    2x Gtx680 (SLI)
    With nothing to do today, I decided to see how the monsoon is fitting hose xspc in blue, and the result was very satisfactory, I am very happy to have bought the blue color of the hose xspc to use the system, I liked it a lot.

[​IMG]

Fitting monsoon more fitting rotary bitspower 45 ° installed on top, it was very beautiful!

[​IMG]

And here's a picture of my desk with the case disassembled waiting to get all the parts to start assembling the new system

[​IMG]

That's right, this week will run make running behind the plate to maintain a second floor in case, if you have news I post here.

15. pablamos

pablamos Guest

GPU:
    2x Gtx680 (SLI)
    Passing here just to upgrade with an order that arrived this week, follow the pictures

8 FANS COOLER MASTER XTRAFLO FOR RADIATOR 480mm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I asked these extenders sleeves to give a more beautiful the system, that are extenders for power, reset, hdleds, speaker ... Soon I will ask other extenders to other cables

[​IMG]

For now that's it, this week should get some more orders coming directly from the United States, so get the pictures I post here :D

16. Archangel Ady

Archangel Ady Guest

GPU:
    MSI 560 Hawk TI @ 1GHz
    Holy ****...
    Sorry if I missed that part, but for what are you going to use that system? :eek:

17. pablamos

pablamos Guest

GPU:
    2x Gtx680 (SLI)
    Hello, I'm riding this system even for fun, I will use this computer for gaming and some heavier tasks such as editing videos and music in high formats! :)

18. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Beleza. x)

19. pablamos

pablamos Guest

GPU:
    2x Gtx680 (SLI)
    Olha um conterrâneo por aqui xD
    É muito bom ter gente nossa em forums como esse! :)

20. pablamos

pablamos Guest

GPU:
    2x Gtx680 (SLI)
    Hey Guys, got another order from the United States for me, this time there were two parts to the system and a peripheral, follow pictures...

The box
    [​IMG]

The Parts
    [​IMG]

The first of Brazil, Keyboard fantastic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Memories - Corsair Dominator Platinum

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The ssds

Already had two, are now four for the new system

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now to wait for the last order that is already to get... Have a good Weekend! :)