Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Games, Gaming & Game-demos
Games, Gaming & Game-demos You can talk about the latest games here and more ..


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
  (#51)
WhiteLightning
Don Illuminati
 
WhiteLightning's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 780GTX ACX
Processor: i7-2600k HT @ 4.5 +H70 PP
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 GAMING
Memory: Gskill 2133Mhz 8GB
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Corsair 1000 watt
Default 09-11-2012, 15:59 | posts: 23,574 | Location: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetYhunter View Post
Agree with you. Do you experience crashes at corners or free kicks and can you save your keyboard configuration?
nope dont experience any crashes. however nvidia needs to work on drivers since there is some stuttering going on while its at 60fps locked.
dont know about the keyboard config, im playing with a wireless xbox360 controller
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#52)
charliehamster
Maha Guru
 
charliehamster's Avatar
 
Videocard: Nvidia GTX-770
Processor: AMD FX 8350
Mainboard: GA-990FXA-UD5
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600
Soundcard: Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme
PSU: OCZ ModXstream pro
Default 09-11-2012, 17:43 | posts: 1,074 | Location: UK

Personally I think konami has made more of an effort this year, compared to EA. I really welcome the fixes that EA have made but I'm not convinced it deserves a full game price tag. Pes on the pc is gonna be cheaper with better improvements, IMO!
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#53)
Darren Hodgson
Ancient Guru
 
Darren Hodgson's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 980 SC
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K
Mainboard: ASUS Z87 Deluxe v2103
Memory: 16GB Corsair Veng 1600MHz
Soundcard: SB X-Fi Titanium HD
PSU: XFX PRO Black Ed. 850W
Default 09-11-2012, 17:57 | posts: 12,222 | Location: England

@ WhiteLightning - The crowd have always looked bad in FIFA so this year is no different. I really can't understand why EA don't use a heavy depth of field effect to blur them then they'd look fine. You wouldn't normally look at the crowd anyway but when they look really bad like FIFA then your eyes are drawn to the flat, pixellated 2D sprites.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#54)
slick3
Maha Guru
 
slick3's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX560 DirectCU @ 1Ghz
Processor: AMD FX 8320 @4ghz
Mainboard: ASUS Skynet Edition
Memory: 8GB DeeDeeAre Three
Soundcard:
PSU: Silverstone Strider 500w
Default 09-11-2012, 18:05 | posts: 1,176 | Location: >.>

There is nothing I would want more than to download the demo, but this piece of crap know as Origin keeps freezing on the loading screen. That app is just a gimmicky piece of s&%t.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#55)
WhiteLightning
Don Illuminati
 
WhiteLightning's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 780GTX ACX
Processor: i7-2600k HT @ 4.5 +H70 PP
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 GAMING
Memory: Gskill 2133Mhz 8GB
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Corsair 1000 watt
Default 09-11-2012, 18:09 | posts: 23,574 | Location: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Hodgson View Post
@ WhiteLightning - The crowd have always looked bad in FIFA so this year is no different. I really can't understand why EA don't use a heavy depth of field effect to blur them then they'd look fine. You wouldn't normally look at the crowd anyway but when they look really bad like FIFA then your eyes are drawn to the flat, pixellated 2D sprites.
ive never seen a game with people with arms like this.



well maybe i have, 20 years ago.

it looks hand drawn in paint. horrible!
why cant the crowd be like they do in nhl or nba games.

i dont agree with dof on the crowd btw. in HD you would expect everything to be sharp, just like on TV. there is no blur there.

Last edited by WhiteLightning; 09-11-2012 at 18:14.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#56)
THEBIG360
Maha Guru
 
Videocard: Phantom 670's SLI
Processor: Core i5 2500K@ 4.5ghz
Mainboard: Z68XP-UDP3
Memory: 2x4gb HyperX ddr3
Soundcard: X-Fi Blaster fatality pro
PSU: 1000w Coolermaster modu
Default 09-11-2012, 19:15 | posts: 1,216 | Location: Bradford/England

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick3 View Post
There is nothing I would want more than to download the demo, but this piece of crap know as Origin keeps freezing on the loading screen. That app is just a gimmicky piece of s&%t.

Same problem here, stuck with the little circle bit of **** loading. Getting on Xbox now instead.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#57)
charliehamster
Maha Guru
 
charliehamster's Avatar
 
Videocard: Nvidia GTX-770
Processor: AMD FX 8350
Mainboard: GA-990FXA-UD5
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600
Soundcard: Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme
PSU: OCZ ModXstream pro
Default 09-11-2012, 19:19 | posts: 1,074 | Location: UK

anyone interested in a time expander for PC, grab it from here http://www.filefactory.com/file/36kdsq8jvas9/n/cl_ini

6 min halves and skipped intro

copy it to the fifa13demo\game directory
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#58)
blesner
Maha Guru
 
blesner's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI Nvidia GTX 690
Processor: Intel I7 930 2.8 @ 3.8ghz
Mainboard: Asus Rampage 3 Extreme
Memory: 6gigsCosairDomDDR32000MHZ
Soundcard: Asus DX2 Xonar PCIE
PSU: Antec Quattro Power 850w
Default 09-11-2012, 19:32 | posts: 2,671 | Location: SA

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBIG360 View Post
Same problem here, stuck with the little circle bit of **** loading. Getting on Xbox now instead.
Calm down guys, once you see that circle go into "My Games" - "All Games" and you will see Fifa 13 there ready to download and install.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#59)
Darren Hodgson
Ancient Guru
 
Darren Hodgson's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 980 SC
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K
Mainboard: ASUS Z87 Deluxe v2103
Memory: 16GB Corsair Veng 1600MHz
Soundcard: SB X-Fi Titanium HD
PSU: XFX PRO Black Ed. 850W
Default 09-11-2012, 20:22 | posts: 12,222 | Location: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLightning View Post
ive never seen a game with people with arms like this.



well maybe i have, 20 years ago.

it looks hand drawn in paint. horrible!
why cant the crowd be like they do in nhl or nba games.

i dont agree with dof on the crowd btw. in HD you would expect everything to be sharp, just like on TV. there is no blur there.
Well you can't have it both ways! You either blur those graphics heavily or you improve them drastically. The former is the better option as having to run the game on seven year old console hardware that can barely run this game at 60 fps without framerate hiccups (especially in cutscenes and replays) means the latter is extremely unlikely.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#60)
mitzi76
Ancient Guru
 
mitzi76's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI 970 (Gaming)
Processor: CoreI7 920@4ghz(EK Sup)
Mainboard: Asus P6T Deluxe
Memory: 6gb Corsair 1600
Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1
PSU: 850w Antec
Default 09-11-2012, 20:34 | posts: 8,108 | Location: UK

plays like fifa12 (obviously), not sure if I like it or not. tbh i never notice the crowd as am looking at the action.

but i agree with white it's pretty poor to say the least.

think I will pass on a new footy game, only reason i can see myself getting fifa13 is the slighty updated team rosters and stats..

will try out the proevo demo. is it out?
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#61)
WhiteLightning
Don Illuminati
 
WhiteLightning's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 780GTX ACX
Processor: i7-2600k HT @ 4.5 +H70 PP
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 GAMING
Memory: Gskill 2133Mhz 8GB
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Corsair 1000 watt
Default 09-11-2012, 20:54 | posts: 23,574 | Location: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Hodgson View Post
Well you can't have it both ways! You either blur those graphics heavily or you improve them drastically. The former is the better option as having to run the game on seven year old console hardware that can barely run this game at 60 fps without framerate hiccups (especially in cutscenes and replays) means the latter is extremely unlikely.
i cant think of why the xbox360 would not run it. sure it would have toned down graphics. but look at the nhl and nba crowd.
surely those games are graphicly more intensive then teh sprites we see with fifa13
its not like every person is a individual and looks different. its all copy paste and they all wear the same uniforms, but they look better imo

Last edited by WhiteLightning; 09-11-2012 at 20:56.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#62)
Arthur Hucksake
Member Guru
 
Videocard: 2 x MSI 570 Twin Frozr II
Processor: i7 2600K @ 4.7Ghz
Mainboard: Asus P8P67 Pro
Memory: 8GB Mushkin Redline
Soundcard: Fatal1ty HS1000 + Onboard
PSU: Corsair HX850
Default 09-11-2012, 22:59 | posts: 83 | Location: UK

I've noticed some stuttering, locking it to 60fps doesn't make any difference.

Extremely smooth with the odd weird stutter.

Because it's a demo build or the nvidia drivers?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#63)
Darren Hodgson
Ancient Guru
 
Darren Hodgson's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 980 SC
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K
Mainboard: ASUS Z87 Deluxe v2103
Memory: 16GB Corsair Veng 1600MHz
Soundcard: SB X-Fi Titanium HD
PSU: XFX PRO Black Ed. 850W
Default 09-12-2012, 00:03 | posts: 12,222 | Location: England

@ WhiteLightning - NBA and NHL have much smaller crowds though hence why they can have 3D rendered people. You can't get away with 2D sprites in those games as the playing area is smaller too and the crowd sit closer. Madden doesn't have great crowds either, again because there are a large number of people to draw.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#64)
pcgamerr
Newbie
 
Videocard: nvdia gtx 580
Processor: i5 2500k
Mainboard: p8h67-m
Memory: kingston ddr 1333 mhz 8gb
Soundcard: sound blaster
PSU: radix 720 smart
Default 09-12-2012, 03:25 | posts: 2

hi i am suffering from a slight stutter in the demo fifa 13 pc, my pc is this i5200k microprocessor, graphic card nvidia gtx 580, 8GB RAM, has you feels the same
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#65)
slick3
Maha Guru
 
slick3's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX560 DirectCU @ 1Ghz
Processor: AMD FX 8320 @4ghz
Mainboard: ASUS Skynet Edition
Memory: 8GB DeeDeeAre Three
Soundcard:
PSU: Silverstone Strider 500w
Default 09-12-2012, 03:33 | posts: 1,176 | Location: >.>

Out of curiosity, how will you guys play this game since it appears passing and build up is more essential than pace ? I am quite happy about that, less pace abusers and will use the same tiki taka tactics I've been using since FIFA 09, quite hard to play against if* done right. It fits the game perfectly.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#66)
Darren Hodgson
Ancient Guru
 
Darren Hodgson's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 980 SC
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K
Mainboard: ASUS Z87 Deluxe v2103
Memory: 16GB Corsair Veng 1600MHz
Soundcard: SB X-Fi Titanium HD
PSU: XFX PRO Black Ed. 850W
Default 09-12-2012, 08:54 | posts: 12,222 | Location: England

@ gamerr - Absolutely no stuttering here but there is an option in the Launcher Settings for microstutter so you might want to try enabling that if it is disabled or vice versa to see if that fixes it. I played at 1920x1200, 4xMSAA, 16xAF (forced in the driver), v-sync on, triple buffering (forced in D3DOverrider).
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#67)
WhiteLightning
Don Illuminati
 
WhiteLightning's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 780GTX ACX
Processor: i7-2600k HT @ 4.5 +H70 PP
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 GAMING
Memory: Gskill 2133Mhz 8GB
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Corsair 1000 watt
Default 09-12-2012, 08:58 | posts: 23,574 | Location: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Hodgson View Post
@ WhiteLightning - NBA and NHL have much smaller crowds though hence why they can have 3D rendered people. You can't get away with 2D sprites in those games as the playing area is smaller too and the crowd sit closer. Madden doesn't have great crowds either, again because there are a large number of people to draw.
so you really think they could not have done better at all?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#68)
Darren Hodgson
Ancient Guru
 
Darren Hodgson's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 980 SC
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K
Mainboard: ASUS Z87 Deluxe v2103
Memory: 16GB Corsair Veng 1600MHz
Soundcard: SB X-Fi Titanium HD
PSU: XFX PRO Black Ed. 850W
Default 09-12-2012, 09:50 | posts: 12,222 | Location: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLightning View Post
so you really think they could not have done better at all?
Of course they could if the lead version had been the PC but unfortunately the game is designed around the dated consoles. It took EA long enough to port over the console engine to the PC (FIFA 11 being the first game that used it) so I'm just thankful I can play a game that is as good as the console games not an up-ressed PS2 wannabe like FIFA 10 and earlier.

The FIFA 13 demo seemed fine but I couldn't really spot any major differences over last year's game but to be honest what else can they do in a football game? It looks good (hideous crowds and lifeless player eyes aside), it plays good and it runs good. There's not really much else you can do with the sport really. FIFA reached its peak last year IMO so this version feels tweaked rather than evolved. Makes me wonder what we'll get when the new consoles are released other than improved crowds and A.I.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#69)
WhiteLightning
Don Illuminati
 
WhiteLightning's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 780GTX ACX
Processor: i7-2600k HT @ 4.5 +H70 PP
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 GAMING
Memory: Gskill 2133Mhz 8GB
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Corsair 1000 watt
Default 09-12-2012, 10:04 | posts: 23,574 | Location: Netherlands

IMO things they could improve.

-Grass- now it looks really flat. also no mud is flying around when you make a sliding. the pitch looks exactly the same after 90 minutes. also i would like to see weather conditions. a real sun (not drawn staticly on the pitch), snow, rain.

-crowd-graphically updated, (not copy paste crap aswell).
smoke (fireworks), flags/banners.

- players graphically updated (i know they are working on that, since they already scanned a few people for fifa13).
also trainers must look real imo, not copy past as it is now. they all look the same!!
- much easier to make fouls. (i had one red card atleast with fifa 2001 each match lol, now its pretty hard , making a sliding at the keeper is not the same).
-real life situations (injury, other team kicks ball out) , offside and main ref overruling the offside. influencing the ref gameplay.
-Proper HD like a HD broadcast on TV

those are just a few, but i could come up with more.

ps. this doesnt count just for fifa, but for pes aswell ofcourse.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#70)
cjs007
Maha Guru
 
cjs007's Avatar
 
Videocard: E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
Processor: Intel i7-950
Mainboard: E.V.G.A. X58 SLI
Memory: 10GB G.SKILL DDR3 1600
Soundcard: NVIDIA HDMI
PSU: O.C.Z. 700w
Default 09-12-2012, 10:54 | posts: 1,459 | Location: Ohio/USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLightning View Post
IMO things they could improve.

-Grass- now it looks really flat. also no mud is flying around when you make a sliding. the pitch looks exactly the same after 90 minutes. also i would like to see weather conditions. a real sun (not drawn staticly on the pitch), snow, rain.

-crowd-graphically updated, (not copy paste crap aswell).
smoke (fireworks), flags/banners.

- players graphically updated (i know they are working on that, since they already scanned a few people for fifa13).
also trainers must look real imo, not copy past as it is now. they all look the same!!
- much easier to make fouls. (i had one red card atleast with fifa 2001 each match lol, now its pretty hard , making a sliding at the keeper is not the same).
-real life situations (injury, other team kicks ball out) , offside and main ref overruling the offside. influencing the ref gameplay.
-Proper HD like a HD broadcast on TV

those are just a few, but i could come up with more.

ps. this doesnt count just for fifa, but for pes aswell ofcourse.
Next year....new gen consoles..
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#71)
cjs007
Maha Guru
 
cjs007's Avatar
 
Videocard: E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
Processor: Intel i7-950
Mainboard: E.V.G.A. X58 SLI
Memory: 10GB G.SKILL DDR3 1600
Soundcard: NVIDIA HDMI
PSU: O.C.Z. 700w
Default 09-12-2012, 10:55 | posts: 1,459 | Location: Ohio/USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Hodgson View Post
@ gamerr - Absolutely no stuttering here but there is an option in the Launcher Settings for microstutter so you might want to try enabling that if it is disabled or vice versa to see if that fixes it. I played at 1920x1200, 4xMSAA, 16xAF (forced in the driver), v-sync on, triple buffering (forced in D3DOverrider).
I got skipping/stuttering too...

I am installing D3DOverrider now.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#72)
WhiteLightning
Don Illuminati
 
WhiteLightning's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 780GTX ACX
Processor: i7-2600k HT @ 4.5 +H70 PP
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 GAMING
Memory: Gskill 2133Mhz 8GB
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Corsair 1000 watt
Default 09-12-2012, 10:59 | posts: 23,574 | Location: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs007 View Post
I got skipping/stuttering too...

I am installing D3DOverrider now.
please lemme know if it works
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#73)
cjs007
Maha Guru
 
cjs007's Avatar
 
Videocard: E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
Processor: Intel i7-950
Mainboard: E.V.G.A. X58 SLI
Memory: 10GB G.SKILL DDR3 1600
Soundcard: NVIDIA HDMI
PSU: O.C.Z. 700w
Default 09-12-2012, 13:57 | posts: 1,459 | Location: Ohio/USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLightning View Post
please lemme know if it works
No....It still comes and goes.

I can't believe this is even an issue. consoles are smooth as butter...PC isn't.
This is whats killing PC gaming bad ports!!

I read somewhere if you disable Origin in game it helps but its still there for me.

I thought it might be Origin running in the background..

Everthing iv'e tried dosn't get rid of it all.....just some of it..

Last edited by cjs007; 09-12-2012 at 14:03.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#74)
WhiteLightning
Don Illuminati
 
WhiteLightning's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 780GTX ACX
Processor: i7-2600k HT @ 4.5 +H70 PP
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 GAMING
Memory: Gskill 2133Mhz 8GB
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Corsair 1000 watt
Default 09-12-2012, 14:02 | posts: 23,574 | Location: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs007 View Post
No....It still comes and goes.

I can't believe this is even an issue.
ah ok thanks. guess it needs a patch or nvidia drivers need updating.

i tried adding it to the profile of fifa 11, since 306.02 doesnt include a fifa 12 profile. but it was exactly the same.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#75)
cjs007
Maha Guru
 
cjs007's Avatar
 
Videocard: E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
Processor: Intel i7-950
Mainboard: E.V.G.A. X58 SLI
Memory: 10GB G.SKILL DDR3 1600
Soundcard: NVIDIA HDMI
PSU: O.C.Z. 700w
Default 09-12-2012, 14:20 | posts: 1,459 | Location: Ohio/USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLightning View Post
ah ok thanks. guess it needs a patch or nvidia drivers need updating.

i tried adding it to the profile of fifa 11, since 306.02 doesnt include a fifa 12 profile. but it was exactly the same.
I don't think it's drivers...It's Fifa..They need to patch it quick if it's in the full game in 2 weeks....Which i'm shure it will be....

These guys must not play it on PC after game is done....If they did they would see how bad it is...

Of corse this is with PRO camera view..I tried it with Tele cam and don't see any stuttering..

Like in the Arena you see it bad..If you kick the ball you can see it skip frames..The ball is here then there...if you know what i mean.

They say it's micro stuttering but it seems like skipping of frames to me..

It's a lot like when you record with fraps......it's not smooth..

All i know is it makes the game unplayable to me...I can only take it for so long..

Last edited by cjs007; 09-12-2012 at 14:44.
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright (c) 1995-2014, All Rights Reserved. The Guru of 3D, the Hardware Guru, and 3D Guru are trademarks owned by Hilbert Hagedoorn.