Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Consoles & console games
Consoles & console games This section is for all hardcore console gamers out there .. XBOX 360, PlayStation 3, Wii Threads with posts in January 2007 can be found in General Hardware

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Old
  (#1)
Shadowsoldier
Maha Guru

Videocard: Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
Processor: Intel Core i5 @ 3.22 ghz
Mainboard: Asus
Memory: 11g DDR3 Ram @ 1666 MHZ
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Audigy 2zs
PSU: OCZ 1000 wats
Default Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - 04-30-2012, 19:46 | posts: 2,567 | Location: Florida

Who else is really excited for this game?! I loved Advanced Warfighter 1 and 2 for the 360 and I just am so happy this new game is coming out. May 22nd! Who is getting it the day it comes out?!

Old
  (#2)
charliehamster
Maha Guru

Videocard: Nvidia GTX-770
Processor: AMD FX 8350
Mainboard: GA-990FXA-UD5
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600
Soundcard: Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme
PSU: OCZ ModXstream pro
Default 05-02-2012, 16:30 | posts: 1,071 | Location: UK

GR:FS has great potential but i think KDR whores will ruin the tactical gameplay.

Old
  (#3)
Shadowsoldier
Maha Guru

Videocard: Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
Processor: Intel Core i5 @ 3.22 ghz
Mainboard: Asus
Memory: 11g DDR3 Ram @ 1666 MHZ
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Audigy 2zs
PSU: OCZ 1000 wats
Default 05-03-2012, 09:23 | posts: 2,567 | Location: Florida

Well you can always in private matches

Old
  (#4)
Jayaitch
Member Guru

Videocard: nVidia GTX 460
Processor: Phenom II 1090T
Mainboard: Asus M5A99X Evo
Memory: Corsair 4GB DDR3
Soundcard: Creative SBL
PSU: Antec 650w
Default 05-03-2012, 17:19 | posts: 114 | Location: England

Im on the fence for this tbh - Its kinda been drowned out by other upcoming releases. But I will be keeping an eye on it.

Old
  (#5)
ElementalDragon
Ancient Guru

Videocard: eVGA GeForce GTX 760 ACX
Processor: Core i5 4670K
Mainboard: Asus Z87I-Deluxe
Memory: 16GB G.Skill RipJawsX
Soundcard: on-board
PSU: Seasonic 650W
Default 05-09-2012, 04:23 | posts: 8,703 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA

I was looking forward to it... until I played the beta. SOOOOOOOOO many issues i have with the game that i just can't ignore that would allow me to enjoy playing it.

1) What is the point in having two different modes of aiming? L1 goes into a rough aim that's a bit more accurate than normal, but nowhere near ADS accurate.... so why even have it? I hardly ever use the L1 aim mode because even if the person you're shooting at is 10 feet in front of you, you're lucky to hit him.

2) Thanks to those two modes of aiming... they needed to find another place to stick the ADS button. And where'd they put it? pressing the right control stick. Which also happens to be the button needed to aim. So if you're in a hurry to aim down the sights, and hurriedly press the stick, you could also wind up throwing your aim completely out of whack.

3) Since i'm on the subject of aiming... i might as well bring this up now. Some games nowadays are implementing methods of making the gameplay feel more realistic by affecting your view in some way if you're under fire. I think some blur the screen, while others make you less accurate. Future Soldier? They looked at those methods and thought "F*ck... why would we want to do that?" Their solution? If you're under fire... your aim goes all over the place. And i don't mean just "not very accurate". I mean... think of something along the lines of if you're playing Call of Duty, are aiming down the sights of a sniper rifle while holding your breath... and run out of breath. Crosshairs are going all over the f*cking place, whether you're aiming down the sights or just normal over the shoulder. Makes it not only impossible to basically even hit the side of the building you're standing next to, but also makes RUNNING AWAY difficult.

4) Button placement is also a bit odd. Not only the already mentioned issue i have with the ADS button... but even the melee. Since they had to remap the ADS button to somewhere.... i guess they felt that seeing as the right thumb stick was already taken... they decided to map the melee button to Square. Yep. So not only do you have to take your thumb off the stick that's helping you to aim at the person you're trying to melee... you have to pray to god that by the time you DO try to melee that person, that he's still directly in front of you. Otherwise you're basically just standing there with your thumb up your a**.

There are probably more issues i had with the beta... but i just can't think of any more right now. And i don't know if that's breaking some sort of NDA or not... but even if it is... i don't care. I know it's a third-person shooter and not first-person... but even so, i don't see any reason for the completely ridiculous control scheme.

Review - 7.5
Old
  (#6)
(.)(.)
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 580sli (water)
Processor: 2600k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus M4E
Memory: Corsair Vengence
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: Enermax Rev 1250w
Default Review - 7.5 - 05-22-2012, 21:29 | posts: 5,154 | Location: Logd n jst 2 change avatar

http://www.gamespot.com/tom-clancys-...eSoldi;WatchIt