Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, May 3, 2012.

1. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    [​IMG]
    Developed by the team at Zenimax Online Studios, The Elder Scrolls Online merges the unmatched exploration of rich worlds that the franchise is known for with the scale and social aspects of a massively multiplayer online role-playing game. Players will discover an entirely new chapter of Elder Scrolls history in this ambitious world, set a millennium before the events of Skyrim as the daedric prince Molag Bal tries to pull all of Tamriel into his demonic realm.

"It will be extremely rewarding finally to unveil what we have been developing the last several years," said game director and MMO veteran Matt Firor, whose previous work includes Mythic's well-received Dark Age of Camelot. "The entire team is committed to creating the best MMO ever made – and one that is worthy of The Elder Scrolls franchise."

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/03/elder-scrolls-online-announced-an-mmo-set-in-the-world-of-skyrim/
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...-cover-revealed-the-elder-scrolls-online.aspx

2. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
  3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Oh yes! :)

Still playing WoW since Feb 2006...well playing i mainly log for Raiding and that's it. So i can use something new.

Skyrim was my first Elder Scrolls experience and i'm still blown away by it, so this MMO is a nice treat.

4. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    TES online and Fallout online would be refreshing.

5. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    This is going to be crazy insane! I can finally play in my favorite worlds with my friends. Lets hope Zenimax Online doesn't mess this up.

6. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    I was ready to tear into you...but really, you're right, that was essentially my first thought as well. Ugh. It's gonna be awesome...except it won't, and then its going to fail, slowly, pathetically.

7. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    No doubt this will be subscription based......hmmm.

8. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Thanks, but no thanks.

I'm not really into MMO's... to be honest i haven't really actively played any at all.
    Also, to me TES is getting old... i may pick up the next single player TES game, but i'll gladly skip this one.

9. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    would be totally cool to play with few pals but i fear this game cant be ballanced, if you watch any tes game where you can become godly :D

10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Nothing wrong with that.

It surely doesn't bother me with WoW, seeing what we get for it.

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    coop yes, sure, mmo? no thanks

12. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    A mmo of a game where you are the guy won't probably work :|

13. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I would love a TES Co-Op game and I think that would work quite well in the game world. While a MMO sounds exciting at first, I can't help but think of how much they will have to change everything that makes TES games so fun in order for it to work in a MMO environment. I'm open to the idea, but reservedly so.

14. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Here we go again, people judging something that they have never played or seen. I stopped judging games when WoW turned out to be the best thing ever after Warcraft III(at least for me). I am not going to tag this game with a "FAIL" from the get go, but instead, I will wait and see what Zenimax is planning on to do with it and then judge.

15. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Spoiler: It sucks. Its a bandwagon they're way late to jump on to.

Not sure why companies still look at this MMO thing like its big business, with everyone and their mom/sister ready to jump on. Even some of the best companies are pathetically floundering around in the MMO space because its just not that freaking easy. You can't just make WoW with some new features and expect it to work...

WoW exists on inertia, and that's it. The only reason most people play WoW is because they play WoW, and what a waste it would be to start a new MMO, as a level 1 with no money.

16. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Surely one of the key aspects of the Elder Scrolls games is the massive amount of mods that spring up around the game, surely an MMO of the same game world will have to have a system in place that prevents people from modding the game? If that's the case then surely that will kill a significant part of what makes the Elder Scrolls games?

17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Gief screeeens!!!!

18. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    I just don't like subscription based MMO games, and I worry that it would take away from another possible single player Elder Scrolls game.

That's just my dumb opinion.

19. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    However, if they managed to make an absolutely HUGE game (all of the countries like Daggerfall had)...WOW. I guess day/night changes would be an issue with fast traveling etc.

20. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    The end of the elder scroll series..