Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats
Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats A cracking SoundBlaster ? Got new Speakers ? Be heard in here !

TitaniumHD + Audio-GD Compass = no sound????
Old
  (#1)
HyperTension

Videocard: EVGA GTX570 x2 (SLI)
Processor: Intel i7 2600k @Stock
Mainboard: EVGA Z68 FTW
Memory: Patriot PC3-10700, 4Gb x2
Soundcard: Titanium HD-AVR520-D7000
PSU: Corsair AX850
Default TitaniumHD + Audio-GD Compass = no sound???? - 04-19-2012, 15:14 | posts: 14 | Location: Bridgman

OK, I've had this card for about 4 months and I've been using it with my receiver without any issues...... Then I move....

I'm in the process of trying to arrange my PC, and really don't have the room for a receiver, so I decide to run this through my Compass (been locked up for 4 months, and it's been babied throughout my ownership). I use the optical out to the SPDIF on the compass... and nothing.... I then try the optical to optical... nothing..... I then run right and left outputs to the corresponding "Line In"... still nothing (Tried all three settings USB, Coax, and Optical)...

Using latest PAX drivers as well....

Insert AGH!!!!! I really need some help in figuring this out.....

I'm going to try and use USB to see if that works.. but this is not quite what all I had imagined. Any and all help is more than welcome & sincerely appreciated....

OK.. tried USB. Windows7 recognizes Compass, but still no sound out.. Is my DAC/Amp toasted???

Old
  (#2)
GenClaymore
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GTX970 FTW + Asus VG248QE
Processor: I5 3570k @4.5Ghz SA SB-E
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
Memory: 30nm 2x 4GB DDR3-1600
Soundcard: X1>Frost Uber>LDMKII>T90
PSU: Cosair RM850
Default 04-19-2012, 16:04 | posts: 5,455 | Location: Michigan,usa

There should be a checkbox for sending audio to Spdif in the settings. Check that and it will send the audio data out thru Spdif, you also have to use that spdif adapter that comes with the card. As the Digital out on the Titanium HD is optical and not Coxial.

Old
  (#3)
N0sferatU
Maha Guru

Videocard: ATI Radeon HD 5570
Processor: Intel Core i5 (3.5Ghz)
Mainboard: MSI P55-GD65
Memory: 4GB G.Skill DDR3 2060
Soundcard: X-Meridian/ Denon AHD7000
PSU: Corsiar TX-7000
Default 04-20-2012, 00:46 | posts: 1,491 | Location: United States

I can tell you on mine (I have an Audio-GD FUN...slightly different but similar) I have the following settings on the DAC/AMP.

LINE OUT: Pressed IN
LINE IN: Pressed Out
TOGGLE: USB (or coaxial) depending on my source

If you have those toggles set any differently output goes elsewhere other than the headphone out jack.

In windows...if using USB pick the device and set as default. Also under properties make sure you're not sending out Dolby Digital or DTS to the box it won't work.

In windows...if using coaxial set the s/pdif pass through as default. Supported formats should be up to 96Khz and uncheck DTS, DD, and WMA Pro Audio. If you're doing mostly music listening under advanced set default format to 2 ch, 16bit, 44.1Khz (also for compatibility for now). Have both exclusive mode options checked marked. That should get it to work.

If it doesn't, plug an ordinary analog device you know that works into one of the RCA input jacks out back and jam your headphones playing with the various toggles up front. If that doesn't work then you know the unit is toast.

Good luck.

Old
  (#4)
HyperTension

Default 04-20-2012, 01:49 | posts: 14 | Location: Bridgman

I've just run it back through my receiver for now, but this weekend I'll give it a shot as the footprint is way less.

Thanks guys for the info... I really appreciated it

Old
  (#5)
HyperTension

Default 08-09-2012, 20:40 | posts: 14 | Location: Bridgman

Sorry for the massive delay in responding back... The joys of work, family, lightning + computer, and being on call...

N0sferatU, I didn't have any luck with those settings.... However, I was reading the previous PAX drivers had issues with SPDIF out. After re-reading your post, I wondered if there were some driver issues that were the culprit.

I previously had a X-Fi Elite Pro, and was using the coax out with no issues.. silly me for thinking that it would be this easy..

I've completely removed all portions of older PAX drivers, and uninstalled the device itself though device manager...

Once rebooted, I've connected the Compass to the PC via USB, and it works!!! I'm now installed the latest PAX driver set (v2.25 Default Tweek Edition).. ::fingers crossed:: On a side note, I really can't tell you guys how happy I am that I've installed my OS on an SSD... Seems the faster things go, the more impatient I get..

Old
  (#6)
ROBSCIX
Don Sonic

Videocard: 22" LCD on GTX260 C216
Processor: Intel I7 860
Mainboard: MSI P55 GD80
Memory: G.SKILL DDR3-1600 4X2GB
Soundcard: It Varies...
PSU: Sigma
Default 08-09-2012, 20:42 | posts: 16,175 | Location: Guru3D Audio Lab

Glad you got it working!
Enjoy.

Old
  (#7)
HyperTension

Thumbs up 08-09-2012, 21:02 | posts: 14 | Location: Bridgman

Working!

Chuckles.. and yet now that I try to open Volume Panel, or Audio Control Panel, it immediately crashes.. (time to figure that one out)...

Thanks again for the advise, it makes trouble shooting a lot easier with you guys around.