UEFA Champions League !

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by slick3, Apr 15, 2012.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    oh sorry , i was wrong, he is a replacement for abidal (left back) , who is out for a long time due to a liver transplant. http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footba...y-barcelona-in-30m-transfer-raid-on-tottenham

2. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Messi, Villa, Sanchez is so much better.

4. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well we can only wait and see what happens. same goes for van persie btw.
    i always thought ibrahimovic would be perfect for barca aswell, and look what happened.

5. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    true. i think Van Persie would be great in any team....

6. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well he failed miserably in the holland team last world cup. so its hard to tell really.

7. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    but then so did Rooney for england...big diff for national teams..

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ibrahimovic is overrated.

9. swISS

swISS Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980 Ti
    He used to play Left Back. Yes, he's currently playing as a forward. (Left Wing mostly..) Playing for Barcalona is no small feat, he'd still be able to go forward. Just look at Dani Alves. :)

Van Persie and Messi doesnt fit at all. They're great players induvidually but together? Nah. There's better combos.

Yeah... OK! :wanker:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    wanker? seriously, I haven't seen him play well in the last 5 years. not saying I watch the italian league that much, but he goes hiding in the big CL games. for the money he's cost in the past, he's hugely over rated. but that goes for most of players.

11. swISS

swISS Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980 Ti
    Nah, just love the laughing smiley. You're not a wanker, to clarify. Sorry :)

You have -some- truth about CL Games, he is slightly off sometimes. He can also be a true assist beast. He might not score alot in CL, but at times he can be a true team player.

Overall, He's the topscorer in Serie A, so i really dont think you can say he is "overrated". He might cost alot of money, but he's a brand in himself, he's a name on everyones tongue when he comes with his induvidual opinions on different things to the media.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I don't know, to me anyone on that sort of money is over rated, apart from Messi and Ronaldo of course. Look at Rooney, everyone is on about him being in great form this season. I highly disagree. For me he gives it away far too much, his finishing is poor (look at the last game, 2 goals, nice, but one of them a penalty and the 2nd was lucky, he had loads of time to score but he had a heavy touch, then shot at the keeper and got lucky the shot got deflected by a defender and went in). He only scores tap ins and penalties. Yes I know, people say he's still there in the right place for the tap ins, but than again, he plays every game and give that privilege to Chicharito or Berba and they won't be far off for a LOT less money. and if someone wants to argue my point, tell me when is the last time Rooney scored a nice goal say like Kun Aguero last weekend? This is from a man u fan.

To me, if someone is getting around 250k a week, they have to be world beaters, Rooney and Ibrahimovic just aren't that. Messi and Ronaldo are.

13. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    ^^^

Hmmm last one would be against Bilbao where he blasted the ball into the top left corner. And when is the last time ANYONE did something similar to the goal he scored against City last year ! Or name me any other player, who carried the ball through passing, and ended up scoring against Barcelona (I'm taking about the CL 2011 final) ! Not even Ronaldo has ever done that ! It's also fair to say that most teams defended with 10 men against Man United which doesn't leave room for long shots but tap-ins ... you would have known that having watched the Villa game. The important thing is that he scores ... whether it's fancy goals, or tap-ins ... he scores goals ! And that's what he is payed for ...

14. swISS

swISS Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980 Ti
    He's worth too much mabye yes. Alot of players are, just look at the price Liverpool got for Torres when he went to Chelsea after not playing well for such a long time and still aint playing on his prime level. Worst deal made in BPL for a few years i reckon. ESPECIALLY FOR THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY?! They must have been smoking some good ****.

I'm totally with you on the Rooney part. I watched the match myself, He's only scoring penaltys currently and well, his second goal was just awful honestly. Kun Agüero is something special to be honest, he's ****ing awesome.

Overall, there's alot of players who aint on level with Messi / Ronaldo who earn 250k a week tbh. Overall, that's just football at the end of the day, sadly.

I totally agree with the fact that it's too much money, dont get me wrong.

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    So any predictions for tonight ?

im gonna go for bayern - madrid 1-3 (unless pepe gets red in the first 5 minutes lol )

16. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    I think Real Madrid will win too, it's gonna be a good match.

I can't wait for Barcelona's match against Chelsea tomorrow, and of course, the match on Saturday against Real Madrid. :banana:

17. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yeah its a good week for footy

Atlético Madrid - Valencia
    Sporting Lissabon - Athletic de Bilbao

on thursday aswell (euro league)

18. russ1

russ1 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Hurricane