Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > The HTPC, HDTV & High Definition section
The HTPC, HDTV & High Definition section Home Theater PC Enthusiasts or want to talk in High-Definition ? This is Guru3Ds Premier Community of HD and HTPC.

Intel GMA3150 graphics and Toshiba 32" LCD issue
Old
  (#1)
scajjr2
Member Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX 780 SC
Processor: i7-3770k
Mainboard: ASRock Z77 Pro 4
Memory: 16Gb G-Skill DDR3-1600
Soundcard: Realtek, Logitech
PSU: OCZ ZS 750watt
Default Intel GMA3150 graphics and Toshiba 32" LCD issue - 04-06-2012, 18:51 | posts: 121 | Location: NH-USA

In our bedroom we have a Foxconn R30-D4 Atom D525 we use as a media streamer. Has Intel GMA 3150 graphics. It was until today attached to a Viore 24" LCD and filled the screen no problem. Today I replaced the Viore with a Toshiba 32C120U 32" LCD and even though I have the Intel graphics set to" fill screen-no borders" it will not stretch to fill the screen, about 3 inches of vertical black bar on each side.

Is this a limitation of the 3150?

Sam

UPDATE- solved buried deep in the TV's menus is a setting to set the picture size. Set it to full and that was it. Haven't had to do that on any of our other flat screen TVs.

Last edited by scajjr2; 04-06-2012 at 19:07.

Old
  (#2)
sykozis
Ancient Guru

Videocard: eVGA GTX660SC SLI
Processor: Core i7 2600K
Mainboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Memory: 8gb G.Skill DDR3-1866
Soundcard: Creative Recon3D PCIe
PSU: SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze
Default 04-07-2012, 03:57 | posts: 15,603 | Location: US East Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by scajjr2 View Post
In our bedroom we have a Foxconn R30-D4 Atom D525 we use as a media streamer. Has Intel GMA 3150 graphics. It was until today attached to a Viore 24" LCD and filled the screen no problem. Today I replaced the Viore with a Toshiba 32C120U 32" LCD and even though I have the Intel graphics set to" fill screen-no borders" it will not stretch to fill the screen, about 3 inches of vertical black bar on each side.

Is this a limitation of the 3150?

Sam

UPDATE- solved buried deep in the TV's menus is a setting to set the picture size. Set it to full and that was it. Haven't had to do that on any of our other flat screen TVs.
I had that same issue with my Vizio 26" and Vizio 32" TV's. My Samsung however, managed to use it's entire screen from the factory.

Glad you got it taken care of.