GeForce Forceware 295.73 WHQL Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mypc, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Rodpunisher

Rodpunisher Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 OC SLI
    My card is stucked in 3D clocks with these drivers. BTW, the last driver that worked fine for me (the card downclocks when it should) is the 285.79.

I've checked the Nvidia cp and the power management mode is set to adaptative. I use a 120Hz monitor but the refresh hate is 110Hz.

Does anyone have the same problem?

2. Carstuar

Carstuar Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX680 Twin Frozr III
    I noticed a significant performance increase in the Diablo 3 beta with these drivers. I had some annoying stuttering before, which is gone now.

3. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Had same issue as Mc1v3r with SLI not appearing in the CP and found the same solution :)

But, in Skyrim they have made better a problem I had when going in/out buildings as the 290.53's would have horrendous stutter for about 5 seconds as though the framerate had gone to 1 FPS, now I get a brief stutter occasionally for about 1 second. I also have graphic glitches now in Skyrim, this looks like the problem Dranzerk has in an earlier post http://forum.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4250962&postcount=77 as when I walk sometimes it's like I've enabled overlayed semi-transparent polygons on the game world that all start at the same point and go outwards?

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    That's not a driver problem...but Nvidia sure did screw up...My cards are locked at freaking idle desktop clocks (400 ish core). I mean really? My FPS took a dump obviously. Rolling back...

Actually it turned out Afterburner had set itself to those clocks and was automatically applying them...what the hell...

If anyone else has this problem check your Afterburner/Precision clocks.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012

5. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    My card is working with 2d clocks just fine, browsing the net and it's sitting on 51mhz.

6. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    well spotted, thanks. i now can enable SLi.

7. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    I rolled back to 285.62 WHQL.

These seem to be really bad for Battlefield 3, very low GPU usage and dips below 60fps, even as low as 30fps.

Back to 285.62 WHQL and no dips below 60fps even at Back to Karkand maps with 64 players.

Was really looking forward to these drivers, but looks like I'm stuck to 285.62 WHQL yet another month because of poor BF3 support for multi-gpu systems. :(

8. AshCation

AshCation Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX580
    Very wierd bug here , when someone talks to me on MSN , the GTX580 go to 3D clocks 772Mhz , then it back to 51Mhz.

Oo

Not a deal breaker , but looks like this driver have problems with power management.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  9. Assirra

Assirra Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 980 4GB
    Saints row the third goes from black screen to simply closing the program with these ones.

10. IKnowJack

IKnowJack Guest

GPU:
    GTX470
    thats cause MSN uses directx acceleration... :bang:

11. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    Is there a mirror for these somewhere? I'm pulling only 45 KB/sec... what the eff.

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
  13. Rodpunisher

Rodpunisher Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 OC SLI
    I had to create a multi display power saver profile with Nvidia inspector in order to keep the card at 2d clocks.

Maybe it's because I am using the DVI output for the monitor and the HDMI output for the HDTV (althought I never use both at the same time, when one monitor is on the other is off)

14. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    Man, if I had 3x 580's and saw BF3 dip below 60 fps because of a driver I would probably quit buying hardware completely. what a scam :/

15. Assirra

Assirra Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 980 4GB

16. LoGiX FR

LoGiX FR Member

GPU:
    Sli GTX 980 Ti OC edition
    Driver is broken for me ; no more driver after reboot :bang:

Back to 285.62, the only working driver...

Seven 64 - Sli GTX 580

17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    No problems for me... in fact ive never had any nvidia driver problems ever that i can think of.

18. ChandlerL

ChandlerL Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 1.5
    Wow 2 months for SWTOR and no improvements.

Don't know what else to say.

Well at least they're improvements for Mass Effect 3.. umm.. once it's out. vOv

19. WaqasR

WaqasR Member

GPU:
    Saphire Radeon R9 270X
    working perfect
    no problems for me just whql is always best

20. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Dude there's something else wrong with your system. I get 30-50FPS with a single 580 and 60 vsync'd with 2x580s ALL THE TIME. It never goes below 60, maybe 59.0 but thats not significant. (All Ultra, 4xMSAA etc etc)

I've used all the recent drivers and they have all ran BF3 smoothly for me. I must add that this driver made CSS a lot smoother. Other games feel the same, keepers for me :)