Laptop Consideration for School (University) -
| posts: 11
First off, I'd like to thank all of you that posted in this thread. But after a long night of consideration, I'm thinking of scrapping the idea of a "light gaming" laptop since I already have a desktop that handles everything fairly well (w/ a GTS 250).
If anyone has suggestions for my new preference, your input will be greatly appreciated.
1) What is your budget?
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen (Smaller is okay)
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
I can buy it online or in store, as long as it ships to Canada
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: ASUS (Mainly for their 1 year accidental warranty)
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Yes, lower end
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
15) When are you buying this laptop?
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
17) How much hard drive space do you need; 80GB to 640GB? Do you want a SSD drive?
No SSD, prefer 300GB and up
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, DVD Burner or Blu-Ray drive?
Thanks for your input.
Last edited by animestan; 08-17-2011 at 14:24.
Reason: Thread Repurposed