Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Want to talk about anything Hardware related? This is the place, you can discuss it here.

Intel X25 SSD annoying sound *youtube video inside*
Old
  (#1)
gjonson

Videocard: 2x460GTX
Processor: 1090T@4GHz
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair 650W
Default Intel X25 SSD annoying sound *youtube video inside* - 03-18-2011, 17:24 | posts: 32

Hello,

I have been telling several people about my problem with this weird sound coming from my Intel X25 SSD. Some people refuse to believe me, stating that "it has no moving parts" and so on. And they insist that "something else in your computer is responsible for the sound you hear."

Ok, so I made this video to show people just how it is. The sound has more high-pitch sounds to it, but youtube stripped most of it off. So it is much higher and more annoying than it appears in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuijfJfQxts

Now, what is causing this sound? Is it some sort of coil whine? Do you think I can get a new drive on warranty? Its about 18 months old I think (80GB version). Its a bit of a pain to switch system disk but I guess it cant be helped... Problem is that it doesnt make this sound all the time, but rather sometimes. When it happens, it is always under heavy load though.

I have not been able to discern any difference in performance due to the sound.

Old
  (#2)
thecake90
Ancient Guru

Videocard: ATi HD3850 1GB/Nvidia 230
Processor: Intel C2D E6400/i7 720QM
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-965G-DS3/PM55
Memory: 2Gb DDR2 533/4Gb DDR3
Soundcard: Integrated Sound Card
PSU: 450W/ 19V 6.5A
Default 03-18-2011, 17:43 | posts: 4,065 | Location: Earth

Sounds like the buzzing of electrical current. Make sure all the cables are fastened.

Tags
buzz, intel, noise, sound, ssd