Afterburner 2.1.0 Beta 5 (2010-12-09, the new file is uploaded)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Thanks, Tom. I noticed that "Video format" popup help in your Dutch localization is much shorter than in original English version. Is it supposed to be so?

Thanks, guys. Control ID mapping issue has been fixed.

2. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    That is my mistake , forget to update that translation, thanks for pointing it out to me. So here is the good one ," Revision 2" download here http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/92919563/file.html

Also when I was translating that part I found a typo in the english version.

So in the "Video format" help section the following line:

MJPG compression format gives you the best compression ratio but requres rather fast multicore CPU to encode high resolution video without dropped frames. Also, keep in mind you may tune the balance between image quality and compression ratio for this format.

Should be "requires".

Cheers.

3. Unwinder

Thanks! Typo fixed and updated translation included in distributive.

4. CTAPbIi

CTAPbIi New Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX570
    Доброго времени суток :)

I've just got GTX 570 and downloaded 2.1.0 beta5, but voltage tweaking is not available. what should I do?

5. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Did you check the config to make sure the following is as specified?

just a reminder, when you do that, you need to restart afterburner for it to work.

6. CTAPbIi

CTAPbIi New Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX570
    stupid me... it works just fine :)

sorry...

7. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    Still no voltage monitoring on MSI GTX460 Hawk Talon Attack :( .. here is a screenie

[​IMG]

In MSIAfterburner.cfg, i've set UnlockVoltageMonitoring = 1, still no use ..

8. Unwinder

DO NOT touch the CFG blindly if you are not a power user. Unlock voltage control in the properties and restart the application like it is prompting.

9. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    voltage of N460GTX Hawk must be read through V-Check Points, not through Afterburner.

10. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    Ya did that, restarted but no use. Did a complete re install but still the same ..

11. Unwinder

Your screenshot is showing lack of voltage control whilst posting is about lack of voltage monitoring. So what is the exact issue? As MSI rep said above, you're not supposed to have voltage monitoring on that card, and readme says so in the table of voltage control/monitoring capabilities.

12. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    ^^ In the Palit card, i got the voltage reading at that particular empty spot, along with a voltage monitoring graph, both seems to be missing in this card. Also, i dont need to control the voltage, but i just want to monitor the voltage from Afterburner. I missed the part in the readme, np its resolved i guess.

13. Unwinder

You cannot get exact voltage reading on Hawk card. It is using custom VRM with no roltage readback support.

14. OBR

OBR Member

GPU:
    Lot of GFXs ...
    any chance for voltage tweaking on new 6900 Radeons? Thanks

15. Unwinder

Nope. Don't expect it in the nearest week(s), sorry. There is slight delay with Cayaman samples delivery from MSI to Russia and it will take at least two weeks to get the samples here then some more days for actual implementation.

16. wintermoot

wintermoot New Member

GPU:
    GTX 580
    Hey Unwinder, thanks again for all your work man!

Since going to beta 5, my GTX 580 (win 7 x64, 263.99) refuses to drop to 2d clocks. I have not messed with the 2d/3d profiling or voltage, not once.

Could you look into this please? Or give a fix/advice? I was able to restore 2d clocks by clean installing the driver and booting w/Afterburner 2.1.0 beta 5 disabled. Both Adaptive and Performance nvidia modes would work.

However, after updating to beta 5, it sticks in 3d clocks after boot for the whole uptime. Using beta 4 does not exhibit this behavior. If tell beta 5 not to boot with windows, automatic power state switching works from 3d (~55c) -> 2d (~44c) -> idle (~35c). If I boot w/o afterburner, then launch it manually and apply my profile; power states continue to function for that uptime.

The only variables I have not tested is whether using the Histeresis feature had any impact. I also need to try clean installing afterburner, I just did an in-place update to beta 5.

Hopefully, this is enough feedback to work with.

thanks,

-wintermute

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  17. Unwinder

No, sorry. Afterburner is not the application controlling native graphics card's 2D/3D power management. Search for other reasons and clean up your system.

18. wintermoot

wintermoot New Member

GPU:
    GTX 580
    to clarify, there is nothing afterburner is doing - including how/when its applying clocks/fan control - that could influence this driver behavior?

19. landerfha

landerfha Member

GPU:
    780 TI
    I also have periods when the card is locked in 3d mode, but I believe this has been happening since before the beta. I'd say driver issue, possibly related to 3rd party apps... but as the only way to see the clock speed is by using them it's hard to verify if there's a conflict or not. I know clicking the monitoring tab in gpuz sticks me in 3d mode but maybe that's by design.

20. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    <-- any news on my card?