Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Network questions and troubleshooting
Network questions and troubleshooting Does it work or doesn't it ? Discuss it here.

Sprint AirRave and WRT54G2 Linksys. Having problems connecting.
Old
  (#1)
slimcand
Master Guru

Videocard: XFX 8800 Gt 512
Processor: Anthlon 64x2 Brisbane 400
Mainboard: ASUS M2R32-MVP
Memory: G.SKILL 4GB ddr2 800
Soundcard:
PSU: 430
Default Sprint AirRave and WRT54G2 Linksys. Having problems connecting. - 06-28-2010, 22:06 | posts: 255 | Location: Michigan

Hello, long time no talk. Need some professional help as this has stumped me.
Sprint sent me the Air rave to help the cell signal in the house. But I can't get it to connect thru my router as only the orange light illuminates (occasional green blink) when I connect. Take out the router and no problem. I just upgraded the firmware on the router.. But im at the end of my rope. There are too many unknown settings when I access the router and I know there's something that I must do.
I do have the security enabled on the network...
The middle button on the middle of the router do anything when I connect the airrave to allow it to speak with the network?

Old
  (#2)
Renegade8100
Ancient Guru

Videocard: EVGA 670 FTW w/32' 1080p
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II 1090T 4ghz
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4
Memory: A-DATA DDR3 1600 c8 8gb
Soundcard: Nvidia HDMI audio(decent)
PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX MOD
Default 07-01-2010, 04:54 | posts: 4,842 | Location: jersey shore US (unfortunately)

The router has a pseudo firewall called NAT. Since the outside world only see's the first IP address after the modem due to nat, you must set up port forwarding. Find out what port this device utilizes and designate what the port range needs to be and designate a static IP. IE: 192.168.100.1:50 to 192.168.1.156. to simplify, its like having an address to an apartment which has its own building address and the port is like the sublet address.