AMD Catalyst (Modified Build)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TwL, May 29, 2010.

?

Should the Official INF be modified or not ?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2010.
  1. Yes (I want to go through registry and copy GUIDs to .reg file and add changes separately.)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. No (Functions should be editable as usual in CCC straight after install.)

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Both (I want to have official INF in install, separated modified INF & 'Functions.reg' as choice)

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    History of this modified driver:

Idea was never to perform good, but to get back what is not working and after 20-25 builds and over 10-15 Official AMD/ATI builds of drivers. We are
    still and will be looking on full functional driver ONLY. OpenGL, OpenCL with-in any setup working correctly. Difficulties on CrossFireX and setups like
    ATI+NVIDIA will be bypassed as they come around and build around the issues. All current and every future build will support these no matter even, if
    they make me build the slowest driver in earth.

To read and understand:

Should you use 'Catalyst [Modified build]' in the first place:
    I do not believe that this topic is for newbies or unexperiences new users. I do believe that people who understands what they are doing or at least how
    to read should be the only people using my mods and further more I still build them to myself not for others, including support for other to use them in
    their specific systems is what you should consider an bonus.

Paranoia Users:

I will as said before separate the tweaking and cleaning to be user optional for next build. I will not separate build up of tweaks to user optional from our install system as it's
    here to stay and any paranoia user can read my installer through personally, if he/she wishes and understand it or not use my mods at all and use what ever
    you like, but don't come here to ask questions about it I am getting sick and tired of people stupidity when not utilizing what I have to offer and then
    trying to out smart the installer by installing 'something' from the package which is the most idiotic thing I can think of anyone doing.

Do you have an options? Yes, you do: Official ATI/AMD Drivers Page, Back to Guru3D AMD - ATI Drivers Section
    Recent News:

06.06.2012: Updated latest changes to Clean-up v5.01 now including missing paths and verified new data against old data. NVIDIA Section will be gone soon (as there's a new setup not ignoring Batman Arkham Tweaks = stable version, Experimental version is going to be fully functional in PhysX just not in B:AC release).
    27.07.2011: New modified driver is attempt to support <any> system. I know from the past that CFX/QFX systems this will be bad move, so, most likely we will see x86/x64/Desktop(single card) + <X>Fire x86/x64 drivers still separated as AMD has not been able to even fix the DirectX 9-11 currently and my honest guess is they are still struggling to get the CPU/GPU processors and hopefully basic processing unit network together + application engineers/developers to actually support their new crap. Sadly at current drivers we have this ain't gonna happen as no one seems to be interested of porting this. Hopefully also I can mod against the DX1x drivers and not these damn alpha/beta/preview/uber future AMD builds.
    26.07.2011: New v4.90-5.00 cleaning system begins to be ready. Adding it as soon I've verified and tested it against laptops.
    03.07.2011: Started working on 10.2->10.7 preview however there's still some problems on core driver at both 10.6a and 10.7 preview. I can first solutions from earlier drivers, but will build new build against 10.7 soon enough.
    01.07.2011: Time is limited, but got hold on new testing equipment working on pretty tight schedule (7 day weeks), but there's some free time now and then, so, currently I am hoping to test the 10.6 hotfixes and build against 10.7 (WHQL).
    17.03.2011: Still no word for testing equipment. Missing an decent CFX GPU for testing currently as only component. Beside that and few other probs in real life next build will be here around start of next month at earliest. It is been build never the less, but testing is 100 times slower on current hardware and so I will not even attempt to build.

Older News Archives:

23.01.2011: Genetix Cleaner v4.84 update: Improved the script further to process display data faster and to not hunt ghosts. Updated AMD
    Motherboard ignore some of files. So, clean-up is now has full support for AMD motherboards. Also ignoring now HDMI so HDMI is not cleaned during
    clean-up. *by my personal testing now and few testers helping out I truly hope v4.84* is 'the' number and clean-up won't have to be updated again ever.
    22.01.2011: Genetix Cleaner v4.83b update: bug at jumping over installed content + process missing x86 entries.
    22.01.2011: Genetix Cleaner v4.83 - Stand-Alone ATI/NVIDIA clean-up system is now alive and I do believe this is the last clean-up which will be build as it doesn't anylonger matter what AMD/ATI updates (if there's something I am sure to fix it). Current clean-up system can be even now used, if drivers are installed in matter of facts in any system condition.
    21.01.2011: For people who has Flashed BIOS or updated GPU hardware without reinstalling windows. There is an possible bug of detecting 'ghost' hardware. Solution is provided at driver release notes.
    20.01.2011: heck I just have to congrat AMD Driver team after 9 months of breaking OCL they have finally brought back functional OCL to 11.1 beta's. (Even while they did break OpenGL in the action, heh).
    20.01.2011: Hmm, 2 bugs identified and dealt with. (still trying to locate the mobility OGL bug mentioned), but information can be read on release notes and included temporal NOTE to install instructions. Next build date is unknown, but it will no longer be 10.11 or 10.12 driver series.
    20.01.2011: If there's a better use for a internet I haven't found it. [​IMG]
    19.01.2011: New NVIDIA patch up also fixed basics on installer so only the installer cmd was updated to include better WISE installation clean-up (optional).
    19.01.2011: Final Build v5.10 is up and I did some major testing on this one took me solid 10 hours to go through all equipment and installation methods and I almost completely fixed the batching and tweaking.
    19.01.2011: Fixing sevral issues and adding build v5.09 online today.
    18.01.2011: There was Critical issue with installer and clean-up batch files. Please, override the files before installation.
    18.01.2011: Added NVIDIA v1.07 and v1.07-ocl builds for hybrid setups. Driver is different and monitoring data and OpenCL support. Select your own poison for now these are the best before I finish this NVIDIA developer driver OpenCL support for new.
    17.01.2011: Goodbye signature checks. New system build against this concept. So, now we have full HD69xx support and also I scripted up RadeonPro fix for this
    hardware. Including minor hardware detection to installation.
    17.01.2011: Driver release is growing so huge I have to split it for unique setup styles. As for currently: Mobility, AGP will be at own category and HD2xxx-6xxx on their own category.
    17.02.2011: Updating recent bug fixes and new cleanup comes as WinRAR SFX requesting Administrative privileges. I could of done this now on CMD form, but using WinRAR SFX this guarantees 2 things first of that it's executing in 'temp'-folder which is writable and second that user has needed permissions to do clean-up. (You may still extract the EXE by right click with WinRAR -> Extract it's not locked by any means)

Current Release Information, Changes Log:

Under update...

Instruction Colors:

* New Unexperienced Users: Read and Understand All Colors at least ones.
    * Basic Users: Read only COLOR (Verify Bug + Critical notes) + COLOR
    * Later on Quick Install: Read the COLOR
    * Uber 1337s: You don't need colors: http://crux.nu/

AMD/ATI + NVIDIA - Removal Instructions:

1. Use regular uninstall methods (NVIDIA > ATI)

NOTE: Make sure 'device manager' says 'Standard VGA Display Adapter' on all ATI and NVIDIA cards, if not:
    - remove driver & add check mark to 'Delete the Driver Software for this Device' -> 'scan for hardware changes'
    or on NVIDIA cards
    - 'scan for hardware changes' -> to find NVIDIA adapter before reboot (to avoid another reboot as otherwise it detects it after you've rebooted and
    you have to reboot again:()
    (Do this so many times/long that it does says 'Standard VGA Display Adapter', if there's an WDDM 1.1 Microsoft driver continue to clean-up you cannot
    remove it by device manager)
    NOTE (PhysX): uninstall PhysX as ATI Catalyst also affects PhysX functionality / display setup also.

2. reboot as usual.

OPTIONAL (Chipset UPDATE, if needed):
    People with INTEL Chipsets: Intel Chipset Software (proper update process) -> Official Website / Newest Drivers (NOTE: This website has popups, but drivers are always newer than at Intel because of Intel hides latest updates to specific chipsets)
    People with AMD Chipsets: AMD South Bridge Driver
    NOTE: AMD drivers and utilities are included with v5.00 build package. Detection if/when to use these might be incorrect as for now would still be recommended that you do your own updates.
    (Increases Stability of whole system to have properly installed and up-to-date chipset drivers before driver installation)

DirectX:
    AMD/ATI: You should install DirectX Full Installation BEFORE actual driver installation OR use the webinstaller with the clean-up cmd I created to make sure that Microsoft newest DirectX patches/improvements could work better/at all before driver is in the system.
    AMD/ATI+NVIDIA: You wanna update DirectX also while full installation is done, after the 'fake' display for NVIDIA card is active as then DXDIAG will see correct GPU memory amount of all cards.

NOTE: Check that there is NO 'C:\AMD' OR 'C:\ATI' folders existing. (AMD/ATI Official Install folders as these installers tends to check it seems).

AMD/ATI - Install Instructions:

NOTE (Critical): Batch files most be executed as TRUE administrator (and not on any safe mode).
    Instructions are given at above quote how to for OEM and bad situation systems at none administrative level users can do this. There are also
    situations on Windows where operating system itself bugs (like on latest RC SP1).
    NOTE (Bug) [v5.10 ONLY]: Please, install the packages from folder with no spaces (ex. c:\something) there's an registry passthrough error, if you already did run the install you can launch 'optimize\finalize_optimization.cmd' manually would solve the problem.
    NOTE (Bug) : Verify/Understand that there is no updated hardware bug mentioned at release notes.

1. Run 'genetix_cleanup.cmd'
    2. Run 'genetix_install_silent.cmd'
    Alternatively: Run 'genetix_install.cmd' (this will display AMD Driver installation window. Just don't boot when asked by AMD driver installer.)
    3. Reboot to finish the setup
    NOTE (ATI+NVIDIA): If you have an hybrid setup proceed to NVIDIA setup instead of rebooting.

NVIDIA [Hybrid Systems] - Install Instructions:

3. Run NVIDIA + PhysX Installations before rebooting. ('genetix_nvinstall.cmd' from v1.08 is recommended which will require the NVIDIA Expansion pack v1.07)
    4. To enable ATI + NVIDIA OpenCL do following at this SlideShow:
    [​IMG]
    5. Reboot to finish the setup

NOTE: You might still need to reset or modify any direction NVIDIA overclocking from monitoring applications as this activated the 'nvapi' better/faster.

NVIDIA - Driver Versions:

Slideshow is only applicable to NVIDIA driver versions 25x.xx and below noting that 19x.xx driver versions needs PhysX Mod 1.03 before restart + PhysX Mod 1.04ff after new PhysX installation installed after actual display driver has been installed separately. At new NVIDIA 26x.xx this display setup does not apply and OCL/DC device is activated even without display being attached, however this is unfunctional as of yet because of buggy new nvidia display syncronize module.

Cross-/Tri-/QuadFireX - EyeFinity + NVIDIA:

Under Cross-/Tri-/QuadfireX systems and Multi-monitor environments you really wanna create linking and generally finish installing ATI Side BEFORE you
    turn up NVIDIA driver & it's monitor. Otherwise you will be in switch situation where NVIDIA monitor will keep switching as 'Display 1' and that is a situation
    you can only get rid of by disabling & removing NVIDIA monitor and then reboot and do the whole monitor setup again.

----Download Links----

Official ATI/AMD Website newest drivers: ATI Driver Download Section

Experimental Build v5.15 - 12.6a baseline - [HD2xxx-6xxx Single Card Setups + NVIDIA Hybrid configs] - [12.06.2012]:

* Really little testing done at this build. (This is the current work build)

x86 / 32-bit - x64 / 64-bit:
    Mirror 01 [ZippyShare] - Mirror 02 [MultiUpload] - Mirror 03 [MediaFire] - 157,48 MB (7-Zip/7z Archive)
    MD5: 4971f0e77f2f7b6a457f7461665718df

----ATI+NVIDIA Hybrid Config NVIDIA Driver Links----

Currently under update until new cleanup system is online and verified...

NVIDIA Expansion Pack - Installer Update v1.08 - [NVIDIA Hybrid configs] - [19.01.2011]:

* Make sure you use 'genetix_nvinstall.cmd' and not the old one to apply correctly.
    * Works with both v1.07 editions.
    * Wise Installation fixes to check did NVIDIA do their job properly. :)

Mirror 01 [ZippyShare] - Mirror 02 [MultiUpload] - Mirror 03 [MediaFire] - 759 Bytes (RAR Archive)
    MD5: df126361452f0bb546ca33e819128931

NVIDIA Expansion Pack v1.07 - 258.96 + 9.10.0513 + 1.04ff - [18.01.2011]:

* PhysX support
    * OpenCL 1.1 / DirectCompute x.x Support
    * Functional GPU and Memory Monitoring support (Watch NVIDIA Display Adapted installation section 'slideshow' is needed for applications to query memory utilization)
    NOTE for WISE Installation Wizard: There is an question about removal as PhysX 9.10.0514 was build to block old installations, lol, but there is an risk cleaning these installers, if your other software uses these type of installers keeping uninstall data. This doesn't affect any regular user as really rarely anything uses this path as uninstall backup.

x86 / 32-bit:
    Mirror 01 [ZippyShare] - Mirror 02 [MultiUpload] - Mirror 03 [MediaFire] - 81.88 MB (RAR Archive)
    MD5: d1382d06730a49dab8ce9bd342968873

x64 / 64-bit:
    Mirror 01 [ZippyShare] - Mirror 02 [MultiUpload] - Mirror 03 [MediaFire] - 111.16 MB (RAR Archive)
    MD5: 4680e4efb10f0c13411bd5656aee0cba

NVIDIA Expansion Pack v1.07-ocl - 258.19 + 9.10.0513 + 1.04ff - [18.01.2011]:

* PhysX support
    * OpenCL 1.1 / DirectCompute x.x Support
    * Unfunctional GPU Monitoring support
    * Functional Memory Monitoring support (Watch NVIDIA Display Adapted installation section 'slideshow' is needed for applications to query memory utilization)
    NOTE for WISE Installation Wizard: There is an question about removal as PhysX 9.10.0514 was build to block old installations, lol, but there is an risk cleaning these installers, if your other software uses these type of installers keeping uninstall data. This doesn't affect any regular user as really rarely anything uses this path as uninstall backup.

x86 / 32-bit:
    Mirror 01 [ZippyShare] - Mirror 02 [MultiUpload] - Mirror 03 [MediaFire] - 82.76 MB (RAR Archive)
    MD5: 3eb99541c7983c115f13fc5c4d29c5c2

x64 / 64-bit:
    Mirror 01 [ZippyShare] - Mirror 02 [MultiUpload] - Mirror 03 [MediaFire] - 104.14 MB (RAR Archive)
    MD5: caa2de2057e8ad56410ec1476d29567c

----Other Links / Tools----

Genetix Cleaner v5.01 - Stand-Alone ATI/NVIDIA clean-up system - [06.06.2012]:

* Included OpenCL new data.
    * Included missed data storage folder.
    * Verified new content against old one to be accurate.

Mirror 01 [ZippyShare] - Mirror 02 [MediaFire] - Mirror 03 [Multiupload]
    MD5: cfd8f33aa3b195de16b532e4212119db

Extra ToolBox v1.00 for troubleshooting and basic feature modifications & AMD style media playback with Intel CPU - [17.01.2011]:

* NOTE: package is just couple of files so extract them to something like 'toolbox\'-folder.
    * Please, read the 'readme.txt' before using anything.
    * Includes: OpenGL Switcher, AMD Fusion Media Explorer for Intel CPUs (+ SQL compact redist needed), AMD/ATI Application Profiles Patcher, Force Clean-up, default Standard Display Adapter registry, and so on...

x86 / 32-bit - x64 /-64-bit:
    Mirror 01 [ZippyShare] - Mirror 02 [MultiUpload] - Mirror 03 [MediaFire] - 47.56 MB (RAR Archive)
    MD5: f114e388cf2deea6e8c7a3771157f027

----Couple Final Words----

NOTE:
    by using these you understand to read the install instructions, that the driver is for testing purposes only no matter how Final/Uber finished build anyone including myself says it is and you are the one who installs them as in you are responsible for your own equipment/hardware. You do understand to read what you are using like batch/cmd file and that these files can very easily harm your system, if they are build badly or purposely to do so.

Friendly advice trust no one on web check yourself, do not relay on someone else writings.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  2. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Build list will be improved and added back as archive

Last v5.10 Modified Catalyst release notes:

Final Build v5.10 [For HD4-6 + Mobility + CFX/Single card setups + AGP Cards (+ NVIDIA Adapters)]:

* Full fixed clean-up and installation scripting took HUGE hit:
    - Regjump is no longer with us :)
    - GUID's are identified by script.
    - AMD actual video registry is identified by script
    - HD69xx detection is looped through actual device ID
    - Silent and on-screen installation possibilities.
    - Permission locked down file cleans up improved
    - PnpLockDownFiles and LEGACY Device removal fixed (was bugging out)
    - More information added through process.
    - Clean-up and Installation binding is removed.
    - using 'temp\'-folder instead of logs and cleaning temp folder.
    - Clean-up is now v11.1 compatible.

Driver updates:

baseline driver 10.12a and 10.12 (depending on hardware)

- We are utilizing 10.4a, 10.10e, 10.11, 11.1, 10.12 and of course 10.12a depending on setup installed.

* OpenGL update for all hardware (11.1beta)
    * New HardwareID detection system for CCC tweaking
    * Fixed minor installer bug at CCC 2.0 force installations should now be fully functional to install new CCC panel under HD6 and Mobility configurations. (AGP as for currently is still unknown).
    * Fixed forced CCC 2.0 Installation uninstallation detection to clean-up, if detected.
    * Few completely new tweaks to CCC and settings are now applied to correct GUIDs not to display data.
    * ATI Stream v2.3 added correctly now for AGP and Mobility setups. Including force pass through to system.

Bugs:

- Bug: New OpenGL profiling. This seems to only affect OpenGL 4.1 and actually at lower levels like Doom 3 and Prey etc the OpenGL works just fine and looks damn great. It will however fail at Heaven Benchmark and so I will provide solution for it.
    + Solution: Download the OpenGL patch and apply at download section.
    - Bug: There's an 'foldername' bug at finalizing optimization which script is passing RunOnce for final optimize the folder names with spaces cannot be used correctly at passed command.
    + Solution: Run the whole package from folder without spaces for now. Will be fixed to next build. Alternatively, if already run you can go to the package folder and run optimize yourself from "optimize\finalize_optimization.cmd" as the hardware detection is already build it just needs to be launched at it's own folder.
    - Bug: For people who has Flashed BIOS-, Updated 'new' Cards-, removed card from computer without reinstalling windows. There is an possible bug of detecting 'ghost' hardware.
    + Solution: make .cmd or run as Administrator from command prompt commands:
    Code:
    set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
    devmgmt.msc
    Open 'View'-menu from opened 'Device Manager'-window > 'Show hidden devices' > look for greyed out ATI adapters at 'Display Adapters'-section and remove them.
    - bug [HD69xx]: Forcing CCC 2.0 from installer doesn't work.
    + Solution: Use regular CCC at installation or RadeonPRO.

Troubleshooting Section:

Adobe Flash issues while plug.in installed by browser [Opera 10, Firefox v3.x/4.x]:
    Problem: Flash does not act as hardware accelerated by ATI Catalyst 11.1-11.2 installation while flash is installed by the browser.
    Solution: Install Flash from adobe site separately. This will make the hardware acceleration check mark to function correctly under usage of flash.

----Game Specific Fixing----

Common Gaming DVA Hardware Acceleration failure in all drivers:

* Tearing issue with other resolutions that 1920x1080 and 1920x720:

Found the cause on tearing issues when you play for example 1920x1200 or any other resolution not mentioned above. Problem is caused by ATI DVA modules and can be solved as follows:

1. Launch the game and change your resolution to 1920x720 or 1920x1080 in-game
    2. exit the game
    3. relaunch the game and start playing
    4. now ESC > Options > change the resolution back to what ever resolution you were using.

When you load the code ATI driver will "think" correctly on DVA side (As the modules doesn't support anything else then XXXXx1080 and XXXXx720) and
    activate hardware acceleration and switching resolution while playing the game will not affect the performance as DVA Hardware acceleration is already
    enabled and it will not disable. Bad news is you have to do this every single time you load the game so I suggest you quit as 1920x1080 or 1920x720 resolution.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2:

Other BF:BC2 Releated for everyone. The BF:BC2 folder comes with these files backup the files and remove these files from BF:BC2 folder:
    Code:
    D3DCompiler_42.dll
    D3DX9_42.dll
    d3dx10_42.dll
    d3dx11_42.dll
    (This will make sure game uses YOUR system newer DirectX instead of old DirectX files which came with the game itself.)

Bioshock/Bioshock 2:
    Help for people to run AA as well as other effects and general functionality topic: THIS POST

Old gaming/programs -Compatibility modes are not applied fix [x64 only?]:
    1. Add compatibility options at application EXE file properties.
    2a. Launch: "%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\explorer.exe"
    2b. Make an new shortcut:
    Target: "%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\cmd.exe" /c "drive:\your application path\game.exe"
    Start In: "drive:\your application path\"
    3. Launch the game(2a)/shortcut(2b).

Driver archives - [AMD/ATI - Sections]:

Mirror #1 [MediaFire]
    Mirror #2 [Coming Soon]

Driver archives - [NVIDIA - Sections]:

Mirror #1 [MediaFire]
    Mirror #2 [Coming Soon]

Benchmark hardware - [Before and up-to Catalyst 10.9a]:
    ASUS-P5E [x38 Cheap Board]
    Q9450 3,6Ghz
    DDR2-900Mhz [4-4-4-12]
    ASUS ATI HD5850 - 935Mhz/1220Mhz
    BFG NVIDIA 9800GTX - 792Mhz/1152Mhz [highest possible OC Stable clocks]

Benchmark hardware - [After Catalyst 10.9]:
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7
    I7-950 ~4,08Ghz [4-'REAL'cores - HT Disabled]
    DDR3-1700Mhz [7-7-7-21]
    ASUS ATI HD5850 - 935Mhz/1220Mhz
    BFG NVIDIA 9800GTX - 792Mhz/1152Mhz [highest possible OC Stable clocks]

Settings:
    - In each testing were exact same as low as catalyst settings go. With 'Prefer Application settings', if possible by settings.
    - The benchmarks were taken 5 minutes after restart complete IDLE and redone 25 minutes after complete IDLE. Best result
    there was remains as picture here.

This includes official to Builds here and will be updated regularly:

-Latest Updates:
    * Official 10.12a 'Vantage Extreme'
    * Final Build v5.00
    - Click 'preview' to get better view from right corner. Seems to be nice way of viewing images.

ATI Benchmark Image Gallery Link

NVIDIA Hybrid setup Testing:
    Full Scale Forceware/Geforce testing

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  3. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Will download em and give them a try.
    Thank you!

4. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Added couple of screens and MD5 files for the 7-zip pack.

You can try with your <what ever> version of catalyst/Forceware to redo anything what's shown on screenshots (except the Eva Mendes) and it will fail on any other driver than what's included here.

--edit--

Well, it would seem that v257.15 has a small bug in disabling & enabling adapter. I crashes but only 1 time(if disabling adapter on device manager), but there's an BONUS, heh. It would seem that Forceware 257.15 works with out anykind of display adapter attached to it & without 'extending display' (as we are used to have when we work with Radeon+Geforce combination).

Also there's new entry on windows Power saving options for SLI adapters and IGP which basically should disable the First GPU to save power however, in ATI+NVIDIA case sadly this option disables the ATI card as it's the first (Option doesn't exist, if no display in NVIDIA device which is probably also reason for the '1 crash time').

Basically when you install according to above instructions with no display (or fake) attached to NVIDIA card it'll still work.

Does absolute miracles to PhysX performance:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2010

5. Funky Doodle

Funky Doodle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI HD 5830 1GB
    nice work mate!

6. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    yeah, if someone wants physX clean working without "hacking" on 257.15 > download this:
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/NV-PhysX-Tweaker-1.0_d1984.html

Disabled > and enable > and physX starts working :)

Added that info now also on main post.

Found the bug in PhysX slow down now. It is not 'PhysX Hybrid Mod 1.03'(so works with out anykind of display attached) it is
    'MSI Afterburner' and probably it's RTSS OSD service. Pretty easy to reproduce:
    1. Afterburner Up Framerate drops to half on Fluidmark
    2. Afterburner Closed Framerate goes back to 120FPS on Fluidmark

Tested versions 1.5.0 - 1.6.0 beta 6 all does the same, shame..

-----

Seems issue is on RTSS, if OSD is disabled FPS restores to normal.

7. Shroomalistic

Shroomalistic Member

GPU:
    HIS HD5850+9800gt Physx
    im getting all kinds of errors un-rar'ing it.

its saying unsupport compression method with both winrar and 7 zip

8. JLT

JLT New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    I just downloaded it and unzipped with 7zip 9.13b from mediafire, no errors. Haven't installed yet.

9. Shroomalistic

Shroomalistic Member

GPU:
    HIS HD5850+9800gt Physx
    thanks i was using an old version of 7zip

tried to install and the installer stops working and has to shut down

10. Rik55

Rik55 Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS HD4850 700/1100MHz
    @TwL

Your issue with PhysX could be related to Fan speed reporting API in NVIDIA release 256 drivers which is currenlty working abnormally slow on some nVidia cards. Disable fan speed graph in either Precision or Afterburner if you're experiencing stuttering or lower than expected FPS.

11. Shroomalistic

Shroomalistic Member

GPU:
    HIS HD5850+9800gt Physx
    well i got it to install and followed all the steps, still get the gpu not supported when i try to go to CCC.

12. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    @Rik55

yeah, I know of the issue, but basically I don't believe using fans at all. :3eyes:

Just kidding of course, but seriously one of the reasons I left 'Forceware' out of this mess. As I think it's better let people choose what versions with /without cracking physX they wanna use and as suggested '196.34 beta' is very good choise for physx 257.15 is no better when it comes to physics.

However, no it's not v257.15 specifically on my case > I tested 19x drivers also with different catalyst compinations > culprit was 'Rivatuner Statistic Server'/OSD.

(btw, while researching found out that 'fluidmark' only utilizes ~33% of card and only 60% of Radeon, but seems multithreaded 'FluidMark v1.2.0' does much better results.)

@Shroomalistic

now that's weird. as I read your video card. I am using exact same setup works flawless.

@commonly

just went nicely to below 200MB on 7-zip..
    (Included 7-zip download link on post now)

as what goes to 'usefulness' of this package. I build it to function in almost any condition, but as said no one is forced to use them. Point is there is NO other drivers existing that supports hardware in this level.

The driver setup above supports clean (as what goes to .INF's) all ati cards. (with exception there is v10.3b issues on HD5970 as there were back then, but even those cards works better with this than on new as with new you cannot use cards computing capabilities by any means other than this driver as GPU #2 is locked by AMD/ATI since v10.4<any beta/version>). There's several posts in this issue on ATI forums as well on ATI stream forums with no resolutions.

The second ATI fixes 'aticaldd.dll' > 'aticfx32.dll' > driver under x64 system SysWOW64\ I will stop updating this topic & move to those drivers.

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  13. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    I don't need it, unfortunately my old 8800GT doesn't fit next to my 5850 in the Shuttle :(

But thnx for all the hard work, more of you guys should be out there helping others ;)

(PS. Now that I think of it.. would it be possible for a company to make an external PCI-E to USB-slot for PhysX cards?? :pc1:)

14. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Yeah, well without second NVIDIA/ATI GPU this is no use.

As what goes to USB I don't think so. Latency to device would probably be first issue and even on USB3 bandwidth would still be issue. PhysX requires a lot of memory.

better question would probably be 'Could PhysX/physics chip(commonly would support all) be made size and suitable like usual DDRx memory stick?', but no worries as long there's stupid people buying 1/1000 of actual equipment potential like now we will never see true topnotch technology on any market.

---

but for the moment I would just be happy, if someone would mention the Catalyst maker that there is and has been bug since last 6 editions of catalyst details:
    http://forums.amd.com/devforum/messageview.cfm?catid=390&threadid=132814&enterthread=y#bottom

Should interest them to fix the damn computing capabilities at least for developers.

15. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    wow hope this work for all of you!

mafia 2 here we come ....

is it fine if i couple 5870crossfire with gtx250? do u think its enof for physx?

THX all gurus frnds!

16. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    @pjokerxp

Should be just fine and fix the 3 GPU OpenCL also while benchmarking etc.

If you are up to only gaming I still suggest dropping the 10.5 hotfix & 19x.xx(or 257.15) forceware to that, but x86 any GPU tools will fail with ATI Stream in that case. Performance might be better (although, development is near 0 level between 10.3>10.5).

but then again you can always install this and update driver only later giving at least decent baseline what really can be used/utilized with these GPUs.

17. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    Thanks.
    I've tried your driver, but I'm still having the same problem with 10.5 official overdrive and higher 2D clocks. Is CCC 10.5 responsible? Isn't driver fault?

18. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    @psychok9

Funny thing is I haven't seen this issue and I cannot duplicate even while I have same HD5850, but ASUS. I did although read about issue and the higher clocks were meant to be temporal change to improve 2D(multiscreen more specifically) and also read that this is simply edit to 2D profiles to fix(So, no driver is not the one faulty it's CCC settings), but I do not 'modify' drivers simply combined versions. (and if I would of fix this with any of the v10.3 edition CCC Video section would of been broken, 10.4 the video section would of still be broken and missing encoding on both choices.)

As far of my own testing seems the issue has something to do with 'all the time overclocked card' as when on default clocks 2D mode works just fine, but if overclocked the higher clocks remains. As I am using 'MSI Afterburner' my card is 99% not clocked and OC'd only when needed, but those are just what I see as said I cannot reproduce.

19. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    You can reproduce it if you activate overdrive and overclock or downclock the cards (also +/- 5MHz).

My card crash if I overclock with third part tools (isn't reference), with a game in background and after I launch an video.
    Overdrive seem manage better the idle > uvd > 3d state, and I love it for the this reason.
    157/300 on idle state and full oc when I really need it (before damn 10.5 version).

With this i get "crazy" video colors sliders, and white stripes with dynamic contrast "on", I don't know other problems.

ATM i don't have 1 only driver that works without bugs at 100%, very bad. I hope with 10.6 will revert this change and will not have other bugs :(

What's encoding/decoding it's broken on 10.4?

20. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    actually now that I look your setup I remove the below quote. I read you only got 1 GPU. This mod driver is meant for 2 GPUs or more not a single GPU issues. You should always use newest driver for single GPU setup from AMD or latest functional.

If you are interested on 2D clock correction. Search google for solutions (won't post other tweaking sites), but there's rather easy fix in 2D profiles for the issue.