S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CallOfPripyat "MODS!" - CyberVISION MOD v1.0

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CyberCore, Feb 18, 2010.

1. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    That's the point! It's a fakt that everybody could adjust his display how ever he want's and like it - but that makes differences with the look of my mod - and of cause the manufacturer are different that's also a fakt.

Gamma adjust could help too... brightness adjust, contrast too... ingame and on your display! Most grafic tools are usable to adjust this values too! But I think most peoples are that ignorant to think that factory settings are optimized!

I'm using optimization profiles for my games - they're sometimes very different. I let the ingame options untouched - change them with my ATi TrayTool to have the best contrast, brightness and more intensively color.

The adjustments of my screen, like contrast and brightness have different effects then the adjustments of the same functions by the hardware tool.

So try it.

2. For Victory

For Victory Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 5970
    The megaupload link is 121.81 mb in size. Is that number accurate?

3. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    Yes it is - the size is that small because I compressed the files of 345Mb to the maximum of 121Mb. I'm using 7z - so it's 7zip format of that file, but YES this is momentally correctly and actually.

I'm working on all the new files - I've found some more textures ... some of NPCs and animals tooo.... it's hard work to figure the better textures out AND make them more detailed with my tools. I'm talking about 1404 textures files in 46 folders wich have to be checked and some/most of them edited!

I need for an surface texture like grass without a structure-look round about 5 min to edit it - but... you know I need other techniques to increase the quality of a window texture, because I can't potentiate this bitmap! If I did this like with the grass surface you would see ingame a window wich includes 4 windows but with the size of one of it - I hope you understand me.

The surface of grass I potentiated only - for example ->
    You got a DINA3 paper and this is the grass texture size (2048x2048 in my tool) then I decrease the size of this paper to a DINA4 paper but I save the aspect of this texture, then I copy this DINA4 paper and put both together to have a DINA3 paper again - so size is untouched, only the details are better, if you stand on this texture for example (ingame) you can zoom in with a sniper but you will see only grass and not - how it is at the moment in the game - PIXELS - that's a way I saw to increase the quality of some surfaces.
    Put for a wall of a house made out with bricks - this way is impossible, because you'ld see very much more and smaller bricks on this wall and that would be the wrong proportion!
    But the grass surface I can "potentiate" by 4 with this possibility.

Some surfaces got really cool details from FAR away, but if you come closer it would be look like **** - and I'm interested on THIS surfaces, because if I "potentiate" them by 4 you see this surface from FAR away MUCH more detailed then before, but if you come closer you will only see the details THAT detailed like the first time from FAR away - and THAT'S really overwhelming!

The size of MB is nearby untouched caused by the compressionmode I'm using! I make the surfaces more colorful too and some other things with it, but this takes much time!

Greetz@ALL, Cyber.

>>>> EDITED <<<<

THIS is only an example for a wall made out of bricks. You'll see the difference - more colorful but light, more contrast "less brightness" (somebody got problems with the brighter look ;)) and light increased details.

It's a strange work... it stresses my eyes the most!

LINKING

http://img689.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=briksbig01editedkopie.jpg

>>>>> EDITED <<<<<

Only increasing the contrast is increasing the detailes a little bit - sharpness increase is very difficulty, because - for example - 0,3 pixel radius with 100% sharpnessfaktor let the pixel explode that it looks like it's a "snowstorm" on it - LOL!
    This picture is modified by 0,1 pixels with a faktor of sharpness by 250% - so you could see the differences, if you scope only ONE stone and zoom in until you only see that one at all - that's not that what I want, but I'll try to make it better - this is only an example pic, okay?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    In that link the only changed thing is the contrast/brightness. If you're applying the same type of contrast/brightness to all textures, you might aswell create a droplet or a batch file. It'll save you alot of work.

5. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    I've programmed photoshop to do the work the most automatically, but... *urgh* - the pictures are different in quality by their default status - and that means contrast/brightness and color are that different, that only a human could interprete this textures to make sure, that an old wallpaper don't becomes the look of a NEW one but with old details, you know what I mean?

It's dirt on it - it got cracks and some water stains on it - I can't push the color much, or adjust the brightness like for the stonewall... that would make it unreal and surreal - I think you don't want a STALKER GAME with the look of SIMPSONS ;-P - LOOOOL!

>>>> EDITED <<<<

But it could look like this - now you can see the difference the best! I'm very excited, how that looks ingame - YEAH!

http://img12.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=bearbeitetu.jpg

>>>>> EDITED <<<<<

Last steps for that example will be to edit the bumpmapping part of that file - because the details wich are bumpmapped are smaller and more then before and I've to edit the bumpmap file the same way. After that I convert it back to a dds file and copy it back to the folder wich is used for that texture ingame.
    I can go ingame and can look how the texture is looking ingame with all the lighning and shadow effects.

I've found some textures of NPCs and animals in the S.H.A.R.P.E.R. MOD - the textures are sometimes potentiated by 2 - so that's the way why they look sharper... but there're no bumpmapping files for them - I'll change it!

It's only a mask - I can delete all right down to the edges ... that are the details wich should have effects on lightnings - then I only convert that picture with a bumpmapping file - and save it ... convert it to a dds file and ready for a test ingame.
    That would be so crazy but really cool... I think, I should cancel my RL-job and make money with work like that - LOOOOOL!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  6. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    ... UPDATE ...

I did all very well... but was wondering ingame - there was something wrong with the textures...

Now a friend of me will give me his fullversion of AUTODESK 2010 - a tool wich could create 3D bumpmaps for dds files and of cause the AlphaLevel mipmap pictures - to put them together!

It look really fine ingame... when it's daytime ... but if it's nighttime, are some shadows on the surfaces wrong ... but no problem, I know now what's wrong and my friend know a lot and enough of this tool - so he could teach me how to use.
    He said, round about 5 min for that small textures without a 3D Body.

And he was laughing about my questions about the dds files wich got no 3D bumpmaps and no mipmap details...
    It was very frustrating for me... "Next time - you shouldn't wait to ask me!" he said... I think, with his help, I can finish it until next weekend.

Greetz@ALL, Cyber.

7. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    i just tried to down load the mod from filefront and all of the ltx files had errors. i really want to try this but i am having many problems. mostly with atmosfear it seems.

8. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    Did you follow the how2 step by step?

>>>>INSTALLATION<<<<

ALL you have to do is to make a backup of your already
    modded "gamedata folder" in your installation directory.
    Now you can copy or extract "gamedata folder" in your
    installfolder.

Next is (if you never modded before), is to open the file
    "fsgame.ltx" with the notepad and there you'll find the
    line named like this:
    $game_data$ = false| true| $fs_root$| gamedata\

Rename it like this!
    $game_data$ = true| true| $fs_root$| gamedata\

Then you copy the file "user_atmosfear.ltx" in your
    installation directory...
    for example:
    C:\Games\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP\user_atmosfear.ltx >>>>>EXAMPLE!!!!<<<<<

Next step is to run the game and open the console by
    this "^" button, then you type in:

cfg_save user_bak.ltx = to make a backup of your settings!

After that:
    cfg_load C:\Games\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP\user_atmosfear.ltx

>>>>>C:\Games\... IS ONLY AN EXAMPLE 2!<<<<<

[-> To deinstall Atmosfear, you only need to load the backup:
    cfg_load user_bak.ltx]

That's ALL - now you have the best look ever!

COMBINE THIS MOD WITH THE FOV SWITCHER v1.7 TO GET THE
    ULTIMATE GAMING EXPERIENCE!

For the other - here's the linking:
    http://stalker.filefront.com/file/CyberVISION_MOD;110997

>>>> EDITED <<<<

I'm working on the getting of Softimage, but I don't know really if that will work for me, to be able to make new bump- and specularmaps for my more detailed textures?! I hope that program will give me that function... - I'll try it this WE, becaus, a friend from my work have the program for me - he's working in in the design department - so it makes sense, that he got it, hehe. I can buy it from him used this friday.

If not, then I could only use the smaller size with my new mod v1.1... would be a little bit frustrating for me, but okay - I'll have what I could get.

All what makes the game better does matter.

Greetz@All, Cyber.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  9. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    i did all the aforementioned stuff...i have been using mods with STALKER since SoC so i know about the fsgame etc...just seemed that none of the .ltx files would copy over as i was moving the gamedata folder into the CoP directory (not only the user_atmosfear.ltx, but also all the ltx's from the various sub-directories). i was able to get these from a separate atmosfear down load and all is well.

good mod, i like how it looks and it runs well with my setup. sometimes it goes into the upper 20's, but it still runs smooth.

10. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    CyberVISION MOD v1.1 preview

[​IMG]

It only needs round about 5 days to completed!

Greetz@ALL, Cyber.

11. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Looking good;)

12. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    ive just started playing Shadow of Chernobyl and have downloaded the latest float32 mod, ive copied and pasted the folder "gamedata" into my C: Programfiles/Stalker and changed the thingy file to True/true as told, now is that correct ? how do i know if its working or not as i cant tell :(

Thanks for your help in advanced :)

13. Bhairava

Bhairava Guest

GPU:
    2x 5850
    I downloaded several times from filefront and megaupload, same error in extracting files: No files to extract.

14. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    to get around this i had to install atmosfear over top of the cybervisiosn mod because all of the .ltx files were missing from the gamedata>config>environment>weathers folder. after that everything worked...i think that cybervision uses some stuff from atmosfear but im not sure.

15. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    Try to deinstall the mod and play again without it - after that, you could compare the differences. But, I don't know what should be changed with that mod, sry.

Atmosfear and Realistic Weapons Mod is included - yes.

This WE I'm working on the second mod further. A few problems has to be fixed - I've to check out the changes.
    I hope I can finish it...

I'm working with Rivnat - he had edited weapon models - I'll include the CyberVision Weapon Mod of him - but optionally - it will be explained in the following readme file of the new mod.

The newest Atmosfear MOD v1.3 will be included too.

I'm trying to create bumpmaps for every surface to let them look really 3 dimensional - at the moment it is a fake, the textures got only shadows wich let them look like 3D but they aren't. Autodesk Mudbox is the correctly tool for my plans but complicated and cumbersome to operate for me.

Greetz@ALL, Cyber.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010