190.38 beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by brassoo, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    Nvidia CP -> Manage 3D Settings -> Power management mode. You can set is global or game-based in the profiles.

2. RobsGTS

RobsGTS Banned

GPU:
    BFG GTX 275 760mhz Core
    Thats just odd, I have yet to get that problem. Im sorry your having a hard time with the drivers. Maybe you should try my method just to see if it helps you.

3. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I love beta drivers. I will try them now in comparison to 186.08 in Crysis warhead only. I will post results later with screenshots and FPS results.

4. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Excellent drivers... easily the best I've used in Windows 7 for my GTX260. Tried quite a few games and all performed great!! L4D, TF2, Sims 3, Cities XL Beta & Dead Space.

All of them ran smoothly.. the new power management features are great too. I created a few profiles for small basic apps that use to peg the clockspeeds at maximum. Now they run at the Low Power 3D setting and keep my GPU much cooler.

5. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Could not agree more. Very well said.
    Another thing I want to share with you guys. Maybe you could tell me if it is coincidence or there is connetction.
    I installed new drivers like you guys all the time. Here what happened. My CPU is overclocked but I passed all tests Prime, OCCT linpack etc. I installed 190.15 and started getting random blue screens in games. I ran 3D mark Vantage and got blue screen during the test. First I thought it was driver. I rolled back to 186.08 did 3D vantage and got blue screen. Since I did overclocking myself just out of couriosity I increased vcore voltage from 1.30v to 1.32v and now no matter what driver I installed I passed 3d vantage and I did not get single blue screen during playing any games.
    So what I do not understand that I could run prime or linpack for hours but 3D vantage showed me that my overclock was not stable.
    Also what I am trying to say if you guys getting blue screens after new driver install try to do the same and see what happens.
    Sorry for long post.

6. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Far cry 2 benchies

186.08 = * Total Frames: 2404, Total Time: 51,00s
    * Average Framerate: 47,14
    * Max. Framerate: 68,00 (Frame:0, 0,01s)
    * Min. Framerate: 35,49 (Frame:1843, 39,29s)

190.38 = * Total Frames: 2451, Total Time: 51,02s
    * Average Framerate: 48,04
    * Max. Framerate: 90,03 (Frame:0, 0,01s)
    * Min. Framerate: 34,85 (Frame:1867, 38,90s)

Crysis warhead Screenshots
    Note that 190.38 screenshot has smoke in the background, dunno why. The -1 FPS comes from that probably.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Conclusion? 190.38 felt smoother on the aiming while playing Crysis. So they are keepers for now and I will test more games.

7. _RA_

_RA_ Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini ITX
    hmm i dont see the option

8. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    fan speed is broken again, when i quit a game it still spins at 74% and never slows down.
    When i looked in RT it was manually forced to that speed although i didn't tick "Enable low-level fan control", it was still enabled, just like with 186.24beta..

9. °L°

°L° Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Crysis warhead run very well too. ( really better than before:186.18)
    Very good driver for me!

10. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    Im have crash after crash in WOW, only one spot tho, the flight path out of Dalaran.
    I will test in some other games to see.

11. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Fairly quick drivers, noticed some minor artifacts in Farcry 2.

12. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    These seem stable drivers with good IQ and fps to me. Only tried COD4, Crysis and Mirrors Edge up to now but up to now no problems.

A question to peeps having problems with nVidia drivers. When installing do you turn your AV off? if not you should.

13. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Working great for me, card's downclocking correctly now compared to 186's.

Vista x64 sp2.

14. Soundcreepy

Soundcreepy Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 Enthusiast 3gb
    fans won't power down for me...sticking with 186.18 for now

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    im testing these now.....hope there better than the last 190s driver release

16. AlfredPastrana

AlfredPastrana New Member

GPU:
    Big
    So any 1 discovered how I can use this feature:

on 8800 GTS 512MB?

17. hackzero

hackzero Guest

I'm using the International version with german language and there is NO Power-Management option available? (GTX 260)

18. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    Why 190.15 run soo well? well, its because they were originaly made for Quadro Graphic cards, those cards are made for Professionals, and they cost like 5 times more than a gaming card, even if they are almost identical, Core, PCB, ect to a Gaming card. but the point is, that Nvidia cannot make mistakes in such a serious market. soo they make Awesome drivers for them, Best IQ, Best Performance and Rock Solid Drivers, because if a Professional gets a BSOD while working it can lose Lots of money and thats serious stuff not just like playing a game.

I dont know if i want to try this drivers, 190.15 have worked soo well that im afraid to change them, Im using them in all my sistems, 8800 GTS 640 Sli Rig, 9500 GT, 7950 GT, 9800 GT. and its just perfect, i never got a BSOD, The IQ is fantastic, you can even notice it on Windows, and performance is Great, People that are having troubles with it probably dint uninstalled their old drivers properly, Driver Cleaned then, Installed 2 Times the same drivers to avoid any Windows Missed files errors, and cheked if their OCs on Rivatuner were correct.

I had problems with Drivers, specialy with Nvidia Ones, they are pure Weekly **** sometimes, but sometimes they release awesome drivers, and the 190.15 will remain in my list of Epic Drivers.

Can someone Test 190.15 against 190.38¿?

19. Wanny

Wanny Guest

So far I have weird flickering from 2D textures on ground and PhysX object in Sacred 2.

20. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I have the same problem, cant force AA on mass effect? So you are right!