Catalyst 8.6 Beta 4800 Series Support!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by RBEJ, May 30, 2008.

1. RBEJ

RBEJ Member Guru

2. drouge

drouge Master Guru

GPU:
    2x HIS HD5970
    I like em.

3. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    anyone tried them out yet?

4. Chenumi

Chenumi Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1070 FE
    First bluescreen I have had with this card, not recommended back to 8.5 for me :bolt:

5. dave11

dave11 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX6800M
    Same as 8.5 but with a few new splash screens, images and logos. Well that's all i can see different anyway.

Dave

6. Si7777

Si7777 Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870 X2
    Hmm...

Tried these out on Vista x64. I don't think I'll keep these unfortunately. I ran a 3DMark Vantage benchmark to see what improvement might have been made, but found that it broke the game tests and feature test 6 (the Futuremark flags) completely (rendering completely wrong of elements such as the water on Jane Nash, the trails on the ship test etc.).

Interestingly though, I gained over 400 3DMarks, all through the GPU score. I'll go back to 8.5 (these ARE beta, after all), but I am a little optimistic that, if the problems are corrected, there might be some improvement.

[EDIT] Tested Call of Duty 4 and Crysis (64-bit, DX10 version) and found no visual problems like what I found in 3DMark Vantage. Crysis didn't seem to be improved much from previous Catalyst versions.

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  7. tickleonthetum

tickleonthetum New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 2600 XT 256Mb
    According to the list this version finally has support for HD 2600 XT AGP cards, downloading now but i won't get my hopes up just yet!

8. wkmgt

wkmgt Member Guru

GPU:
    3x MSI GTX280 Stock Air
    I had some graphics anomalies the 1st time I ran Vantage right after installing these drivers. Upon rebooting, those went away and I saw a nice improvement in my score. These drivers are also more consistent, run to run.

9. Si7777

Si7777 Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870 X2
    After reading your post, I rebooted and ran 3DMark Vantage again and the corruption was no longer present as you said. I think I will keep these after all :). UT3 was a little smoother than with previous Catalysts also.

10. tickleonthetum

tickleonthetum New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 2600 XT 256Mb
    Well I am stunned they installed for my Sapphire HD 2600 XT 256Mb AGP (the first set since 7.x to do so) and they work fine! Hopefully this will still be true of the final release.

11. arfster

arfster Member

They're same as the ones station-drivers had the other day.

12. Aenima

Aenima New Member

GPU:
    H3870x2
    These drivers actuallly fixed a BSOD error i was getting with the CCC at boot (since 8.4). Performance is ok in 'real' games. I still get some rare CTDs with UT3.

ASUS P5N-E SLI, Q6600, HD3870x2, 4GB RAM, Vista 64-bit Ultimate

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  13. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    I'm still on 7.10's.

Anything in the 8's makes strange things occur, its kinda like an xfile.

Seriously though. Dirt has strange glitches, grid same thing. and a few crashes.

I know i should also post this in another section, but if you have assasins creed and are having problems and only have 1gb of ram, get another gb. theres a bug for 1gb.

14. StreeTunder

StreeTunder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1024Mb
    I just installed this ones, in CCC it shows driver version 8.5, shouldnt be 8.6?

15. Gucci

Gucci Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti
    I have to correct my latest statement, this driver sure is beta, it gives me strange symptoms and crashes and doesnt like me... :p

Seriously thou, when i boot my PC it says the drivers are corrupt everytime, and that i need to reinstall, it does that every time i dont reinstall them before reb00t, and doesnt give me any "better" performance.

So thx but no thx, 8.5 is the best thing that has ever happend to the HD38** series on its relatively short life...

16. Gump

Gump Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon HD 6850
    3850 Agp

Seems to work well for 3850 AGP.

No need for "Hotfix" already in the INF.
    3dMark 06 got a little boost ~ 2.5% - and runs well in my only current game "Overclocked - A History of Violence"

17. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Didn't try these, are they worth it right now even though they're beta?

18. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Hey dave11, hows the hd2900xt treating you thus far? I havent had mine in so long. Are the drivers thats out now giving you alot better performance gains since it came out? I know going from 7.7 to 7.8 was a very very very huge increase in the performance dept in oblivion, even better then 2 8800gtx's in sli and I aint kiddin. 7.7 in oblivion ran very slow w/alot of things being maxed out, but in 7.8? tottaly different story.

19. dave11

dave11 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX6800M
    Its fine (for now), the drivers seem to have improved the smoothness in games although I cant comment on the FPS, don't measure it.

Seems a lot more stable and consistent than when I first got it.

Dave

20. AYEJAY

AYEJAY Member

Well these drivers still bluescreen my system in Vista at Boot with my 3850 AGP. All the Hotfixes do it too. WTF am i supposed to do to get this damn card working in Vista??

My System Specs:
    AMD Athlon64 4000+
    3GB DDR, Dual Channel
    Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra 939 Motherboard(Nforce3 Chipset)
    Sapphire ATI Radeon 3850AGP